Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba (15119 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / South East Not Excluded In Appointment Of Appeal Court Judges — NJC / Rail Projects: South-East Not Excluded –FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by darlenese(f): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2017
of course
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2017
People can complain. Nawa oo
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by olabrad: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2017
FRESHG:
shocked EWEDURIANS ARE COMING FOR YOU MR OLISA. I MEAN EWEDU MUSLIMS

They may also be supported by ipob Muslims
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by BruncleZuma: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2017
Bros we know...
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Built2last: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari Does Not Need 5% Votes Of Igbos To Win In A Landslide In 2019....They Didnt Vote him 2015, why are they crying now...Let them Stick To Their Ethnic PDP and Continue Crying Marginalization Till APC Finishes Their 32 Years Uninterrupted Rule...Then We Can Count Scores..

what was the difference between GEJ and PMB in 2015.

2.4MILLION VOTES OR SO

average voters in the south east will be above 3 million in 2019.

If they come out enmasse with the over 9million registered voters in the region there will be big trouble for Buhari. Dont delude your self. Buhari knows better

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Kulas: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2017
I used to ask anybody that cares to listen,that if Buhari can treat igbos like this in his first term(when many Governors/Presidents used to work everybody to attract votes for 2nd term),what will happen to igbos when he come back for 2nd term?. Some of my igbo leaders are bunch of hypocrites.lets call spade a spade

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by phreakabit(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2017

Jubril Abdul-recession, please we don't want recession in Igbo land o.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by taurusmena1(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2017
You mean your N2,000 worth of indiviual vote.No worries, you can give it to him or sell it to him.
DOUBLEWAHALA:
cheap vote he shall get

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by kitaatita: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2017
Votes are same for politicians; non is genuine. What is genuine in GEJ throwing dollars at anything that moved in 2015; or the village square votting pattern of South East or the underage votting in the North. It's all about numbers; and in the game of numbers, fair is foul and foul is fair. The people rarely count
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by bionixs: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
cheap vote he shall get
i pity you oga. Igbos are not afonjas. Ndi igbo dont forget the history like this. Business minds,make him relax and collect the profits he can offer when he could still offer it. In our business,an enemy that could bring profit is our friend as long as he holds sway. Permit me to submit that Buhari took his wares to the wrong market
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by juszoe82: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2017
Well said.

Wise people knows the truth. Buhari is just trying the use the weak point of the south east and south south weak point for his election ambition for 2019.

If not while waiting till now?. why didnt he go and address the cause of agitations instead of sending military to go and kill?. why did it take him 2years and more before he visit the people of SE.

But i know that my people are not fools. He has already make the mistake.

nairavsdollars:
Chief Olisa Agbakoba, former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), on Tuesday, said President Buhari’s visit to the South East region after more than two years in power was very dishonourable and not aimed at addressing the alleged marginalisation of the region.

Speaking with INDEPENDENT, Agbakoba said the president having realised that election was around the corner was trying to warm his way into the hearts of Igbos so as to get cheap votes.

According to him, “I don’t think his visit will resolve the issue of marginalisation in the region.

“You ignored the South East since coming to power and now you are visiting after two and half years in office.

“The way I see it is that his visit to the South East is simply to look for cheap votes. I don’t see his visit as genuine.

“Where has he been all this while? Why didn’t he visit since he took power?

“Why now that he has started wearing suits and Igbo dresses again? I find his visit very dishonourable.

“After two and half years of ignoring the South East and marginalising the region, you suddenly wear Igbo outfit and you expect me to say ‘well done’.

“No, I won’t say that until I see something meaningful on the ground; not until I see infrastructural development, not until I see employment, not until I see the Second Niger Bridge will I agree.

“Seeing is believing, but right now, I don’t believe that his visit is genuine.”
https://independent.ng/buhari-pledges-to-address-south-east-infrastructure-challenges/

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by mmsen: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2017
Kemperor:
The sensible people knows he is preparing for the next election.

The Igbo leaders disappointed me with the chieftaincy title though.... Making a caricature of their culture by giving such honor to a man that massacred their people with his python dance...

All of these traditional leaders are for sale.

It has been this way for at least two centuries and that is why they should be done away with. What do any of them do besides spend other people's money and engage in nonsense photo ops?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by ikdaddy01(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2017
I knew it.
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by smirn(m): 11:55am On Nov 15, 2017
unohbethel:
no matter wat buhari did now, igbos will neva vote for u again
Igbos never voted for him, and in 2019, Igbo's votes are not needed for him to win.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by bionixs: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
cheap vote he shall get
DOUBLEWAHALA:
cheap vote he shall get
i pity you oga. Igbos are not afonjas. Ndi igbo dont forget the history like this. Business minds,make him relax and collect the profits he can offer when he could still offer it. In our business,an enemy that could bring profit is our friend as long as he holds sway. Permit me to submit that Buhari took his wares to the wrong market
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by SillyMods: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2017
nairavsdollars:
But the game has changed. He is not sure of getting South West votes enbloc as he did in 2015 so he needs the support of the South East
What do you mean by en bloc?

Buhari won only between 55% and 60% of SW in 2015. Is that one en bloc?

Some of you know NOTHING but you think you know everything.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Cjrane2: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Chief Olisa Agbakoba, former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), on Tuesday, said President Buhari’s visit to the South East region after more than two years in power was very dishonourable and not aimed at addressing the alleged marginalisation of the region.

Speaking with INDEPENDENT, Agbakoba said the president having realised that election was around the corner was trying to warm his way into the hearts of Igbos so as to get cheap votes.

According to him, “I don’t think his visit will resolve the issue of marginalisation in the region.

“You ignored the South East since coming to power and now you are visiting after two and half years in office.

“The way I see it is that his visit to the South East is simply to look for cheap votes. I don’t see his visit as genuine.

“Where has he been all this while? Why didn’t he visit since he took power?

“Why now that he has started wearing suits and Igbo dresses again? I find his visit very dishonourable.

“After two and half years of ignoring the South East and marginalising the region, you suddenly wear Igbo outfit and you expect me to say ‘well done’.

“No, I won’t say that until I see something meaningful on the ground; not until I see infrastructural development, not until I see employment, not until I see the Second Niger Bridge will I agree.

“Seeing is believing, but right now, I don’t believe that his visit is genuine.”
https://independent.ng/buhari-pledges-to-address-south-east-infrastructure-challenges/

GBAM!
Buhari likes to treat the SE like SH*T but knows he needs some votes there to win.
He is only out to get 25% of the votes to fulfill the constitutional requirement to win an election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2017
Kemperor:
The sensible people knows he is preparing for the next election.

The Igbo leaders disappointed me with the chieftaincy title though.... Making a caricature of their culture by giving such honor to a man that massacred their people with his python dance...

Hmmm, what if he ends up not contesting?

You never can tell, he could be positioning himself to be hailed as a hero just like GEJ. smiley
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Bridget95(f): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari Does Not Need 5% Votes Of Igbos To Win In A Landslide In 2019....They Didnt Vote him 2015, why are they crying now...Let them Stick To Their Ethnic PDP and Continue Crying Marginalization Till APC Finishes Their 32 Years Uninterrupted Rule...Then We Can Count Scores..
wake up from that mat of 2015 . in 2019 middlebelt,southeast,south south,a huge chunk of north central and reasonable SW will not vote buhari.hundreds of shia muslims,farmers,unarmed people have been massacred under buharis watch from these regions.
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by omogin(f): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
No everyone is hungry in the East
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Oblang(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
unohbethel:

Una vote for him b4?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Bridget95(f): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
SillyMods:

What do you mean by en bloc?

Buhari won only between 55% and 60% of SW in 2015. Is that one en bloc?

Some of you know NOTHING but you think you know everything.
wake up this not 2015 when 95 Percent of nigerians bought the lies of APC .People are fed up with buhari even in Daura his home town.its not going to be a smooth ride for APC like it was in 2015 except they would have to rig.
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by smirn(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bridget95:
wake up from that mat of 2015 . in 2019 middlebelt,southeast,south south,a huge chunk of north central and reasonable SW will not vote buhari.hundreds of shia muslims,farmers,unarmed people have been massacred under buharis watch from these regions.
They will vote for you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Danladi7: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
unohbethel:
Even if he does nothing.

Igbo votes are inconsequential!

Go and vote for nnamdi kanu in his grave grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Oblang(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bridget95:
wake up this not 2015 when 95 Percent of nigerians bought the lies of APC .People are fed up with buhari even in Daura his home town.its not going to be a smooth ride for APC like it was in 2015 except they would have to rig.

Be prepared for the shocker in 2019..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Bridget95(f): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
smirn:

They will vote for you.
they will vote for a better candidate and not buhari
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by bopm: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
For the records, igbos will not vote for him not even now and not in 2019.
We didn vote for him wen he and Umezoke contested against ONJ in 1999, we didnt vote for him wen he and okadgibo contested agains OBJ in 2003, we didn vote for him wen he and fola Adeolu contested against yar adua in 2007, we didn vote for him wen he and Tunde Bakare contested GEJ 2011 and we didnt vote for him wen he and Osinbanjo contested in 2015. this alone should tell him and his cohorts wat the igbos are saying to him or meant. If he likes let him collect all the titles, wear all the ogbo cloths and even speak our language, it will fly for him not now and not later, if he likes let him share money like GEJ did in 2015, he is simply on his own. wit all the public holiday declared yesterday yet no crowd came excpet those rented and paid.
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Bridget95(f): 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2017
Oblang:

Be prepared for the shocker in 2019..
there wont be any shoker bro.Nigerians are tired of a man who enjoys seeing the blood of unarmed helpless Nigerians spilled.
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
...remove the votes from the south west and maybe some parts of the middle belt, plus no votes from the south east, i just don't see how PMB can win the 2019 elections if he decides to contest...
You actually think your votes are going to count in 2019?? hahaha... ok oo
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by DOUBLEWAHALA: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
bionixs:
please sir you misunderstood me what you think is not what I mean

if bubu gat 5% vote in 2015 he should get ready for a lower percentage in 2019

that's what I mean by the word "cheap"
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by Oblang(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bridget95:
there wont be any shoker bro.Nigerians are tired of a man who enjoys seeing the blood of unarmed helpless Nigerians spilled.

OK na...
Re: Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba by WORDSENSEI: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
AND VOTES HE SHALL GET.
All he needs is to patronize them. Who does not know that flatinoes are emotionally weak?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari May Not Extend Ig’s Tenure Despite Pressure / Taofik Gani: PDP Will ‘Capture’ Lagos In 2023, Our Strategies Will Work / Ozigbo, Alexander Chika Okafor Emerge 'Anambra Man Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.