Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,100 members, 7,814,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

About The Ongoing Nigerian Customs Auction - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / About The Ongoing Nigerian Customs Auction (511 Views)

12 Easy Steps To Clear Your Vehicles With The Nigerian Customs At Tincan Lagos / How To Bid For Cars On Nigerian Customs Service E-Auction Website / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About The Ongoing Nigerian Customs Auction by Legacy80s(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2017
Dear Readers,

I'm writing with saddened heart about the way and manner everything in Nigeria has always turn out to be messed up. The Nigerian Customs Services Auction started well with bidders/winners of auctions rejoicing ever after, but now it's the other way round. I won and paid for a Bus at first @ Ibadan OYO State Command I was happy and bidders where bidding with sense then. In september, I bade and won a car @Idiroko Ogun State Command and it was something else (No Seat, No Brain Box, No Battery, they've Removed 2front tyres, the motor was a shell @N410,000) They collected money from office to Office, I had to pay a man to help me get 2front tyres from only God knows where, just like he must have sold the 2 on the one I bought.
Firstly, now bidders are now bidding with chicken sense, after the customs placed an outrageous starting amount as high as N300,000 for a car with a Nigerian used value of N500,000. You will see someone raising bid by N200,000 or more at the beginning of the auction and at the end the winner will suffer after managing to pay for it. I saw where a man came from the North with his friend, they lodged in a hotel when they haven't seen the car they paid for, the next day he was just crying on how he can sell it to those people buying irons for N50,000 and he already paid N595,000 cos he showed me his deposit slip and the car page.

My conclusion, biko it's either you stay clear of Ogun State Command auctions cos they have sold the vehicles long before the auction started. The fact is that all those vehicles were driven into their compound but only 7% can now move with just putting a battery.
Bidders, biko again, if you know you want to bid, please don't raise the bid anyhow, use common sense, you can even top the bid by N1,000 not you raising a dead car from N80,000 to N170,000 and letting the innocent winner pay a lose.

My Ogun State Command NCS story.

Thank you... Please don't come here to correct my grammar.
Re: About The Ongoing Nigerian Customs Auction by santakris(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for this info. I have been looking for someone with on field experience. I have registered but have not made any purchase. Nothing works in this nation.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Sweet!!! 2007 Toyota Camry Xle Registered Thumbstart @ 1.750m (negotiable) / I Have A Superclean Toyota Camry Spider 08( Full Option) Going For 1.6m / Nissan Xterra 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.