Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power (25696 Views)

New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe / Update: No Military Takeover In Zimbabwe - Says Zimbabwe Defence Forces (Video) / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Atlantia(f): 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
His words have come to bite him in the arse!! grin cheesy
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
9jakohai:

A country cannot develop using an economy based on selling raw materials, and using the revenues to import.

Libya was exporting oil, and using the money to import foreign stuff, including foreign military hardware. Instead of making its own.

Zimbabwe economy was based on exporting agric produce and diamonds. Plus Mugabe's land redistribution wrecked the economy by depriving it of forex which lead to inflation and a weakened economy, and the currency becoming worthless.

Gaddafi and Mugabe.... All those years in power, and their countries cannot make cars, guns, computer, etc. Meanwhile, Deng of China and Park of South Korea spent twenty years in power, and both their countries became manufacturing hubs, now powers.

Sorry, but Gaddafi and Mugabe were the cause of their country's problems by their import dependent policies. Which made their countries more vulnerable to the same imperialist powers.
thought you will mention ? of Nigeria. Developement is not just measured by the number of cars you built...US led sanctions destroyed Zimbabwes economy not land re-distribution policy. 96% literacy level in Zimbabwe is not a coincidence. Gaddaffi artificial river was built form steel pipes made from pipe making companies funded by Gaddaffi to avoid importation of foreign pioes. Under Gaddaffi Libya was not just self sufficient in oil refining but infact Libya sell zero crude... Before you attack these leaders you can do a little further research pass CNN propanganda narative...
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by samsard(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
bedspread:
At Least up till this Moment, He is still in Power....
MUGABE IS A BLESSING TO AFRICA.... HIS BEING ALIVE IS FOR A REASON....
IF NOT FOR A MAN AS THIS, Obama would hv Forced his Abominable gay/lesbian laws on nations here...
Does homosexuality sound like Africa's biggest problem to you? And whether or not homosexuality is legal, there are and there'll be folks who practice it in hiding. Issues like corruption, insecurity and inefficiency should be our major concern not how two adults live their life.

2 Likes

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
Well, this is a dumb statement from Mugabe.

A coup is never an action borne out of peace or normal state of polity, so it has nothing to do with fundamental or controversial human rights. It's a radical option which is blind towards civilty.

Let him tell that to those who locked him up now grin

1 Like

Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
transformed:
thought you will mention ? of Nigeria.

I did not mention Nigeria...because Nigeria was not the topic, but yes, what i have said applies to Nigeria.

Developement is not just measured by the number of cars you built...US led sanctions destroyed Zimbabwes economy not land re-distribution policy. 96% literacy level in Zimbabwe is not a coincidence.

1.Land redistribution wrecked Zim's economy in two ways....wrecked their source of forex...and drove away foreign investors.(Which investor is going to invest in a country where your investment would be snatched from you at short notice).

2.As a result, Zim went from being a exporter of food to being a net importer.This drained its forex and left the country desolate.

3.Zim has a high literacy rate. But...when you are importing stuff you should be making..you stifle your country's manufacturing sector....which leads to mass unemployment.

4.Even when Zim was a exporter of agric crops....they sold them to developed countries that made far much more money producing industrial products from those crops. Now....that is a waste of good productive capacity.

Gaddaffi artificial river was built form steel pipes made from pipe making companies funded by Gaddaffi to avoid importation of foreign pioes. Under Gaddaffi Libya was not just self sufficient in oil refining but infact Libya sell zero crude... Before you attack these leaders you can do a little further research pass CNN propanganda narative...

Libya sold zero crude!....
Read this...https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=62401302&topic=4177716

Until African leaders stop being import dependent, Africa is going to be weak. WEAK.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by bedspread: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
samsard:
Does homosexuality sound like Africa's biggest problem to you? And whether or not homosexuality is legal, there are and there'll be folks who practice it in hiding. Issues like corruption, insecurity and inefficiency should be our major concern not how two adults live their life.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS ILLEGAL!
ITS ABOMINABLE
ITS WICKEDNESS
ITS SODOMY
ITS UNNATURAL
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by mechanics(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
he's just over drunk with power.
Re: 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power by Konquest: 2:40am On Nov 17, 2017
MrValentineIF:
@InsideOutBlog

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6259511_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249

At the moment, Zimbabwe is in turmoil. The whereabout of its 93-year old president, Robert Mugabe is unknown but the military assures that he's in safe hands with his family.

There's unusual military movement in the capital and many punidts suspect it may be a coup and despite taking over the state owned media house, ZBC, the military insists all is well.

Below is a 1980 interview that Mugabe granted to BBC shortly after he took power. In the interview, he said no military can remove him as he intends to rule the country with firmness.

Watch below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXn2JR-RuY

http://insideout247..com.ng/2017/11/1980-video-of-robert-mugabe-saying-no.html

^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
Flash Back Video: Destination 1980! grin

Such a brilliant lawyer and revolutionary
fighter against white minority rule
in his country allowed himself to be
deceived by the perks of office... until
booted out at 93 years of age!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Greece Wildfire– Thousands Evacuated As Out Of Control Blaze Engulfs Homes(Pix) / Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.