Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Deportation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Deportation (1267 Views)

Nigerians In South Africa Face Mass Deportation / UK Government Has Placed Deportation Tag On 29,000 Nigerians. / Two Nigerians Face Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deportation by godfadda6(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2007
Well i'm opportuned to work in the airport and on wednesday we were on the tarmac and low a plane just landed from libya and below some nigerian came out of the plane.

need i say it was a cargo plane that was still going to southafrica. as i was saying this guys and ladies look so dirty and raggardy that we knew they could neva be hostess/host and they were coming towards us

just then did we realise nigeria have ben deported from libya.and i was disappointed cos this fools were even fighting themselves over their coming hre.

well me question is why should we be disgraced this way? cos even our gaurd is not nigerian and i have neva seen any immigration come to pick him besides that those that travel abroad for escursions r this excursions really worth it?

when they get hre aw do they start life again

whats ur take?

p.s only reasonable ones pls i mean response
Re: Deportation by cuteass1(f): 12:51am On Feb 23, 2007
godfadda6:

well me question is why should we be disgraced this way? because even our gaurd is not nigerian and i have never seen any immigration come to pick him besides that those that travel abroad for escursions r this excursions really worth it?

The truth of the matter is that we Nigerians disgrace ourselves, nobody gets deported staying in a country leagally. We should look before we leap, because we're fund of biting more than we can chew.

Here in Norway, lots of Nigerians come seeking asylum, now why on earth won't they be deported when they are aware of the fact that most asylum-seekers being granted stay are due to wars and other life threatning situations in their countries, what now makes a nigerian show up on that basis when he knows as well as i do that Nigeria is not a war-listed country, and is one of the most agriculturally-blessed countries. The fact that our government is screwed is not the white man's business, is it

I do agree to the fact that we should be judged individually and not on the fact of whether the country is well-to-do or not BUT when a country has made it laws, there's no going back. And to avoid disgcace, you just have to stick with it.

Your guard might actually have a legal right to stay in our country which makes his story very different from theirs.

To cut my whole story short i guess what i'm trying to say is that if Nigeria and Libya haven't in the past made any agreements to allows inter-citizenship, then they've done nothing wrong in deporting the victims.
Now before you jump into conclussions, i'm not saying they deserved the treatment or something but they should have thought of the consequences of their actions.
Like i always say, that's just my humble opinion wink
Re: Deportation by godfadda6(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2007
i do thank you for your reply. well i guess at most times we nigerian r the architects of our own misfortunes. well i belive the problem lies in the fact that most nigerians belive this is a land full of hopes but full of unfulfied dreams too.

but what can be done in any way to discourage this. in this era nigerians r talking big bout ghana they forgot that at one ttime ghanians whre the ones doing the odd jobs so what do u feel can be done to improve or even dicourage this shameful act or as shame now part of our culture?>
Re: Deportation by domwas2(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2007
because we're fund of biting more than we can chew.
thats d main problem of nigerian, when u heard of a journey that worth 1 million naira, it is only a nigerian that would say "he/she needs 2 hundred thousand to proceed on that same journey, God would provide on d way" which is uncall for. it time we wise up. angry
Re: Deportation by domwas2(m): 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2007
Nigerians deported from Morocco
Some 500 Nigerian migrants have been sent home from Morocco where they had been living in forests.

The migrants were flown from the central city of Fez to discourage illegal entry into Europe.

Most of those repatriated had run out of money to pay people smugglers to continue their journeys.

This is the third such operation carried out jointly by Nigeria and Morocco in recent months, according to the Nigerian Embassy in Rabat.

Volunteer

Morocco is the staging-post for illegal migrants from Nigeria, Gambia, Guinea , Mali and Senegal hoping to enter Europe through Spain.

The latest group comprised 313 men and 160 women and some small children believed to have been born in the forests.

The BBC's Pascale Harter in Rabat, says most of the migrants volunteer to return home instead of living tough in the forests near the Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla on the Mediterranean coast.

Last month 657 Nigerians were repatriated on two flights from Oujda and Nador in northern Morocco.

The migrants travel in vehicles and on foot across the Saharan regions of Niger, Mali and Algeria before crossing the Mediterranean Sea into southern Spain.

More than 17,000 illegal migrants were intercepted this year while attempting to enter Spain by sea.

why most we disgrace our father land
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3354799.stm

Migrants hide in the forests until they are ready for the risky crossing into Spain (picture)

Re: Deportation by cuteass1(f): 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2007
@ godfadda6
Its a bit difficult to find lasting solutions, because no matter what Nigerians will remain Nigerians.

Atleast they can try entering other countries legally, for ex. apply for a student's visa, play the american lottery and stuff like that, get through with help of family members/friends, apply for jobs overseas. There are a thousand and one ways to get into a country without risking the disgarace tof being deported. You just have to be friends with the laws of the country in question, one country's dos can be another country's donts.
Some even resort to the option of getting married to a citizen of the country and its usually a safe gurantee, the only thing i find sad is the broken heart of the person being used at the end cry cry
Re: Deportation by godfadda6(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2007
@cute ass

well sure we mite not be able to find a lasting solution but a journey of 100 yrs must start from somewhre.

what role does the family, the church, the school and even the peer groups have in all this?

what is the role of the national orientation agency. what is the role of the youth councils. i belive all this parties have a role to play in all this or what do u think?
Re: Deportation by godfadda6(m): 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2007
@cute ass also

the marriage part is what i just find it hard to mutter. if thre is geniue love no problem but if u r using the other party is becomes a sin on my own part. well i just belive we got to do what we got to do but this thing got to change.

i'll not say i'm a saint i have tried getting out of this country once and behold i was at thje french embassy in lagos and i forgot my bank statement which my brother brought for me at the gate and do u know the consular that was calling us into the embassy said i was late despite the fact that he saw me thre some hrs before when i treid telling him what happened the just threw me in the rain and when i wanted to stand up and say this is my country i was slapped by a nigerian police.

it was dishreatning but what u got to do since then i studied french i can read and speak french but i just can get over it to go tothe emassy again.

i now ask is this the kind of desperation that makes people slave just to get into a foreign land?

my dad says some thing no matter aw hard u try as a black man u can neva be white. or what do u think?

(1) (Reply)

Celtel's New Method Of Browsing. / Where Is Heatfusion. / Obama's Mouth Stitched 12 Times After Accident: What We Can Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.