Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience (1421 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Ennyholar: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hey Guys
So as you all know I have had the pleasure of using the Phantom 8 for quite some time now, if you didn't, you can check out my Unboxing Post here. https://www.nairaland.com/4133145/tecno-phantom-8-unboxing-first

Moving on from my previous device the beautiful Camon CX was not easy but credit has to be given where due as the Phantom 8 has made the transition seem almost seamless.

The biggest difference that I felt first was that the size... Coming from a 5.5" inch Camon CX the slight increase to a 5.7" inch Phantom 8 felt massive but not too massive... Anyone here feel me?
The Phantom sports a 5.7" Full HD screen that produces amazing colors that are amazing. I have got to admit, the colors are really popping in this device .

The other thing that appealed to me was the Diamond Design. I know, I know that all this sounds like jargon right now and lemme try and explain to you what I mean.

The Phantom 8 comes rocking a unibody design that is appealing to the eye and to the touch. With a unibody metal design the Phantom looks flawless and the touch is amazing...

I really appreciate the work Tecno has put into the Operating system, the device is running on Android 7 HIOS 3.0, the operation is seamless and multitasking is dope..my Phantom 8 load apps in a matter of second.

The 3500mah battery capacity sure proves to be very effective and efficient...though am yet to complete my analysis on the battery..

I can also confirmed to you that the Phantom 8 support GLO 4G sim card....The device also support worldwide roaming meaning you can use your tecno device anywhere in the world.

The device also has a Gyroscope sensor for 360° videos and Virtual reality games which I enjoyed with the use of a VR headset I got from OLX.

cc Lalasticlala, mynd44, 1forall Mynd44 OAM4J

Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Hakimrealest: 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
So Phantom 8 support GLO 4G
Interesting..
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by paolokonqueror(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
Definitely wouldn't mind owning one

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by emeraldknytt(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ennie, shey na only the phantom 8 get two adapter chargers.... is tecno trying to justify the price range or making sure that one doesn't cry foul when one of the chargers gets fried.... Your review is just like say you just feel the device for hand (hands on) ... Do a more elaborate review o jare (Camera test, battery test, speed test, sound quality test, Charging test, outstanding features... et cetera)
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Realboygenius(m): 5:03am On Nov 21, 2017
emeraldknytt:
Ennie, shey na only the phantom 8 get two adapter chargers.... is tecno trying to justify the price range or making sure that one doesn't cry foul when one of the chargers gets fried.... Your review is just like say you just feel the device for hand (hands on) ... Do a more elaborate review o jare (Camera test, battery test, speed test, sound quality test, Charging test, outstanding features... et cetera)

I support you
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Behankey(m): 6:31am On Nov 23, 2017
Is it me or is the packaging massive? Please do a more detailed review. I'm sure everyone wants to know how powerful this flagship is.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Mckandre(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2017
Crap upon crap, 3500mah on a 5.7" display. This company will never learn, they think running on helio p25 processor will give them the privilege to increase its display nd ve a reduced battery capacity at dsame time, not minding the main engine is an MTK. Here they re mimicking the specs of top flagship devices running on effective and efficient processors without considering the fact that this helio p25 is a midrange processor that should be coupled with a sufficient battery size. Well, what more can i say? Their flagship is a midrange to outside world thats why they can never be taken seriously. OP save ur self the stress and have it at the back of ya mind that the max SOT is 5hrs or less
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by henry007(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2017
Mckandre:
Crap upon crap, 3500mah on a 5.7" display. This company will never learn, they think running on helio p25 processor will give them the privilege to increase its display nd ve a reduced battery capacity at dsame time, not minding the main engine is an MTK. Here they re mimicking the specs of top flagship devices running on effective and efficient processors without considering the fact that this helio p25 is a midrange processor that should be coupled with a sufficient battery size. Well, what more can i say? Their flagship is a midrange to outside world thats why they can never be taken seriously. OP save ur self the stress and have it at the back of ya mind that the max SOT is 5hrs or less

Battery life is actually better than the Phantom 6 plus. I get over 8 hours SOT. You have to experience something to know tbh.

PS see camera review of both phones that i did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1ANX53src&t=52s&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4Qq2Ahowy3TVV0vEUy-jQs6&index=5

Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Mckandre(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2017
henry007:

Battery life is actually better than the Phantom 6 plus. I get over 8 hours SOT. You have to experience something to know tbh.
this is a light usage, ure just on wifi bro. go through some heavy usage sequence with 3g and telme if twould last that long coupled with some gaming aswell.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by henry007(m): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2017
Mckandre:
this is a light usage, ure just on wifi bro. go through some heavy usage sequence with 3g and telme if twould last that long coupled with some gaming aswell.

You said 5hours SOT max and i showed you 8+ hours SOT, now you say i'm just on WiFi and that means light use. What do you think i was using the SOT to do?

Also, I use Wi-Fi on all my phones. When i say the battery is better, it means using both under same conditions, it is better.

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Mckandre(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2017
henry007:

You said 5hours SOT max and i showed you 8+ hours SOT, now you say i'm just on WiFi and that means light use. What do you think i was using the SOT to do?

Also, I use Wi-Fi on all my phones. When i say the battery is better, it means using both under same conditions, it is better.
make it a heavy usage and get back to me.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Freelancerx: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2017
I like this phone already. Great stuff. Not surprised because it is a flagship

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by Gptech(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
henry007:

Henry007, you are doing a great job indeed. There is no need arguing that the Helio P series is more battery power efficient than the Helio X series. Of course that is expected because the P series use a combination of lower powered precessors compared to the X series.
For the SOT, it's better to post one used by mobile network instead of WiFi because majority make use of the former. And please, try and include the SOT in your reviews, it will help those who watch/ read to easily compare between devices and make better choices.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by henry007(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
Gptech:

Henry007, you are doing a great job indeed. There is no need arguing that the Helio P series is more battery power efficient than the Helio X series. Of course that is expected because the P series use a combination of lower powered precessors compared to the X series.
For the SOT, it's better to post one used by mobile network instead of WiFi because majority make use of the former. And please, try and include the SOT in your reviews, it will help those who watch/ read to easily compare between devices and make better choices.

Thanks.
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by sureinfo: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2017
Phantom 8 is definitely keeping it 100
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by tafat: 5:06am On Nov 26, 2017
sureinfo:
Yeah, you must love this phantom a big deal
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by datyorubaboy: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
I want to own this device. God help me
Re: My Tecno Phantom 8 Experience by missslimzy(f): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
YEs o. 100/100
sureinfo:

(1) (Reply)

I'm So Angry at 9mobile / Please How Can I Get My Own VTU Account? / From Ikorodu To Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.