Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Zoff: Buffon’s Tears Hurt Me After WC Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zoff: Buffon’s Tears Hurt Me After WC Exit (577 Views)

Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football / Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot / Dino Zoff: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Left Juventus For Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zoff: Buffon’s Tears Hurt Me After WC Exit by stelruby: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2017

The goalkeeper was left inconsolable after a draw against Sweden left them without hope of making the tournament, and Zoff sympathised with him

But Zoff, who resigned as Italy coach in the wake of a poor Euro 2000 campaign, did not rush to call for the head of current incumbent Gian Piero Ventura

Legendary former Italy goalkeeper Dino Zoff admitted that it was the image of Gianluigi Buffon crying that really brought home to him what Italy’s World Cup qualifying meltdown meant.

The Azzurri drew 0-0 with Sweden on Monday to crash out of the running for next year’s finals in Russia, losing 1-0 on aggregate.

It was the first time in over 60 years that Italy have failed to qualify for a WorldCup, and marks the end of an era for several players in the team.

Buffon, Daniele DeRossi and Andrea Barzagli have already retired from international duty in the wake of the disaster, and it is the Juventus goalkeeper’s anguish that most stuck with Zoff.

Read more: https://www.amore.ng/zoff-buffons-tears-hurt-wc-exit/

(1) (Reply)

Who Is On The Plane To Russia? 16 Players Assured Of Nigeria World Cup Squad / Argentina Coach Scared Of Facing Nigeria Again : They Are Unpredictable / Barcelona Star Lionel Messi’s Brother Faces 8-year Jail For This Reason (SEE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.