Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box (1103 Views)

It’s Sad My Mother Couldn’t Witness My Glorious Moments In Super Eagles — Akpeyi / Daniel Akpeyi And Wife, Emmanuella Welcome Son (Photos) / The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by chinawapz(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Chippa United goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi has stressed that he was aware of the rules when he handled the ball with his hands outside the area during the first half of the international friendly between Nigeria and Argentina.
And he has blamed the assistant referee for the mix-up, stating that the official had raised the flag for an offside before he handled the ball.

Although Argentina had a legitimate complain as the referee did not blow the whistle, television images showed Porto loanee Chidozie Awaziem backing Akpeyi, informing referee Bezborodov that the linesman's flag was up.

''When I saw the linesman with the flag, my mind did not go to the referee did not blow the whistle,'' said Daniel Akpeyi to allnigeriasoccer.com.

''I just dropped the ball to play the offside. It really broke my heart that they scored from the free-kick, and people will forget about the saves I made during the game.

''I am just coming from a good run of games for my club, I will keep working on the tactical aspects of the game''.

Often seen wearing glasses, Akpeyi has revealed that he wears them for fashion, adding that he's not short or long sighted.

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by Sage7(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
I pity the guy!

1 Like

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by colossus91(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
akpeyi is a remix of agbim!!

4 Likes

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by PenlsCaP: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
colossus91:
akpeyi is a remix of agbim!!

grin
Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by Hivazinc: 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
Village people following him.... na dem whisper to him to pick the ball

1 Like

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by UbanmeUdie: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
shocked

Daniel Akpeyi displayed complete mediocrity and showed a gross lack of goal keeping sense.

Imagine his reason for handling the ball outside the box.

Do you play to the dictates of the assistant referee?

It is the centre referee that controls the game not the assistant referee. No player has any business with the assistant referees. The only person that has a business with the assistant referees is the centre referee because they are his aids.

In football, you play to the referee's whistle and not the assistant referee's flag.

Akpeyi is a disgrace to Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by rayblast(m): 4:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Akpeyi airfoce association of Villagers na dem dey follow o. Sidon watch d replay of Wat u did then...................
Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by joxxy01(m): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2017
Hivazinc:
lol.. Village people don suffer.
Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by BluntBoy(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2017
Hivazinc:

Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by obryneblaque: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2017
Villagers are in soup....see how dey come spoil the guy career, his club will never used him again for what he did
Re: Akpeyi Explain Reason Why He Handle The Ball Outside Box by expensiveguyman(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
Alright! we have heard you but please kindly stay faraway from our national team.

U and Ezenwa are not super eagle material at all and anyone of you guiding our goal post during d world cup will spell doom to our chances in Russia 2018.

So please you and Ezenwa should stay faraway, so that we will have peace of mind during d tournament.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

City Is On The Border Of Signing For Sanchez / Nigeria Football Players Abroad - Goalscorers (23rd - 26th Feb 2018) / Chelsea Team Critical Situation : Injuries And Suspensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.