Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly (10404 Views)

States’ IGR Hits N1.33trn In 2019, As Lagos Maintains First Spot / States’ IGR Hits N691 Billion As Osun, Ondo, Others Recorded Biggest Growth / Lagos IGR Hits 103.4billion Naira In First Quarter Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by GOFRONT(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2017
That is why on the other Thread, i refuse to be proud of ma state when som other guyz were proudly callin out them states......
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Nopanties: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2017
BiafraIShere:
Which Kogi abeg? This is a big fat lie! I know Kogi very well, I'm not hating but this is a lie. Aside Dangote cement factory at Obajana, what else of economic significance is there in Kogi? Lokoja has no industry, Okene may have one or two, kabba, Ankpa, Dekina etc nothing of worth, so where is the #1 billion coming from? Ok from the abandoned Ajaokuta iron and steel complex. Nigeria self with throwing numbers!
The one billion IGR is coming from the unpaid workers salaries
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by HiddenShadow: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2017
Anthony478:

SMH. pls what other means primarily do state generate internal revenue? i want answers asap

OGHENAOGIE

PPI: Public Private Investments.

PFPI: Public Financing of Private Innovations eg YOUWIN.

PMPFLP: Public Marketing Platforms For Local Producers.

PPFAIALP: Public Platforms For Angel Investors And Local Producers.

PPELP: Public Private Export of Local Produce eg A Governor buying yams from her indigenous people at #1500 and then selling to an exporter at #4500 who in turn sells at #7,000 - #10,000
overseas

These 5 things are the structures that must exist in order to make an economy taxable.

These are also other means of generating revenue .
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

There are other means of generating IGR outside tax.
what are d other means
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2017
brodalikeme:
Good one but ironically aside Lagos, internally generated revenue those not have any positive impact on the lives of the citizenry except the chief servant of the state
are lagosian feeling much impact self
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by elyte(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2017
raker300:
Op said 1billion naira
Wch is around 300000 dollars
Take note
do your calculation ag ain.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Blue3k2: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2017
raker300:
Op said 1billion naira

Wch is around 300,000 dollars

Take note

Also take note the tax base is 400k. Thats less than a dollar a month the state is collecting.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Juliojoe: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2017
Part of the 1 billion must be staff salary and all other wages wicked government acting like somebody under spell. Syphoning state virtues to build university in Benue state and all other unknown investment
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by encryptjay(m): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2017
Big lie grin
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by omohayek: 11:14am On Nov 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

OGHENAOGIE

PPI: Public Private Investments.

PFPI: Public Financing of Private Innovations eg YOUWIN.

PMPFLP: Public Marketing Platforms For Local Producers.

PPFAIALP: Public Platforms For Angel Investors And Local Producers.

PPELP: Public Private Export of Local Produce eg A Governor buying yams from her indigenous people at #1500 and then selling to an exporter at #4500 who in turn sells at #7,000 - #10,000
overseas

These 5 things are the structures that must exist in order to make an economy taxable.

These are also other means of generating revenue .
Coming up with fancy new acronyms is easy, but can you show a single developed country, or constituent part of such a country, that counts such terms as major sources of funding? Because I’ve been to much of Europe, East Asia and North America, and everywhere I went the main source of government revenue was the same - taxation, be it in the form of income tax, sales tax or customs duties.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Blue3k2: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2017
omohayek:

It is the primary means of doing so in most countries, so what exactly is the problem? Only in messed-up places like Nigeria do citizens expect "free" services from government without having to pay anything for delivery, a ridiculous expectation caused by decades of oil rents.

What is paid in taxes is insignificant compared to oil money anyway. The state of 3 million as of last census generating only 12 billion a year. The tax base pays N2,500 a month.

1 Like

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by omohayek: 11:23am On Nov 16, 2017
Blue3k2:

What is paid in taxes is insignificant compared to oil money anyway. The state of 3 million as of last census generating only 12 billion a year. The tax base pays N2,500 a month.
Which makes it all the more bizarre to hear all the complaining about “heavy” taxes. I wonder how many of those complaining would manage in a typical European country with 20% VAT and top income tax rates of more than 40%! I know they’ll just spout nonsense about how the government should first give them the benefits that will justify the taxes, but how exactly is that supposed to happen without the sort of heavy borrowing people condemn Osun for?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by eaglebeliever(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2017
You just made your calculations unnecessary complex by multiplying by 12 and later dividing by 12. Why didn't you just divide the N1 bilion by 400, 000 right away and arrive at N2,500/month ?

Blue3k2:
The ending is funny. Their nonchalant attitude matches the states attitude about paying workers and probably delivering serve. Anyway nothing wrong with raising revenue but use it effectively.

Quick math for anyone claiming this is fake. This isn't big yearly tax bill.

N1 billion • 12 months = N12 billion per year.
N12 billion / 400 thousand tax base = N30 thousand per year = N2,500 per month.

The rest of the states funds comes from federation account.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by uloewa: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2017
BOLD FACE LIES. THE STATE WAS GENERATING 600 MILLION MONTHLY DURING WADA'S TIME. HOW CAN BELLO NOW COME AND SAY IT IS 300 MILLION. HOW DOES HE EXPECT US TO BELIEVE HIS 1 BILLION FIGURE. IF NA TRUE, I DARE HIM TO RELEASE A BREAKDOWN. MOST OF IT WILL BE DEVELOPMENT LEVY FROM THE OVER INFLATED BOGUS CONTRACTS HE IS AWARDING. KOGI HAS BEEN DESTROYED.

1 Like

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Blue3k2: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2017
eaglebeliever:
You just made your calculations unnecessary complex by multiplying by 12 and later dividing by 12. Why didn't you just divide the N1 bilion by 400, 000 right away and arrive at N2,500/month ?

The yearly calculations was to show big picture. A state of millions only 12 billion naira. Then the tax base with the millions only pays insignificant amount.

1 Like

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Cadillac1984: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2017
We should borrow wings and fly ba? As if they will use the money for the betterment of the masses.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by HiddenShadow: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2017
omohayek:

Coming up with fancy new acronyms is easy, but can you show a single developed country, or constituent part of such a country, that counts such terms as major sources of funding? Because I’ve been to much of Europe, East Asia and North America, and everywhere I went the main source of government revenue was the same - taxation, be it in the form of income tax, sales tax or customs duties.

I won't waste my time arguing with you until you find yourself in the helms of affairs.

I don't think you know that Nigerians and their businesses are too poor to sustain taxation.

You must first empower them to be wealthy before you can rely on them for taxation.

You can doubt me at your own peril.

Finally, you are talking to a distance relative of one of the most outstanding, effective and efficient former Governor.

I won't mention his name but he is well respected.

Just take note that we know how to run an effective government and still doing it till today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by BiafraIShere(m): 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
afroniger:

This sounds like bad belle. What's your own? You can't know better than the state government that made the release.
Bad Belle? Not me, I'm just being realistic here. I've traversed Kogi state and I know what I'm saying. Can you name up to five industries/companies operating in Kogi? Commerce?? I've been to Lokoja (actually lived there for almost a year), Okene, Kabba, Anyigba, Ankpa and these are the most developed towns in the state and I saw nothing that could generate #1 billion monthly for the state. Which state governors? The same dishonest state governors?? I wonder what they hope to achieve with such lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by mastermaestro(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
MediumStout:
1 billion that is generated by 10 streets in Lagos monthly. Shame on bello

I equate shallow reasoning to sin. How on earth would a smart person place Kogi and Lagos on the same economic scale? It would take a miracle for Kogi to be able to generate that much. Nigeria does not start and end in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Silumi(f): 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
Lol.kogi that I know or another one.lmao.thay state cannot boast of half a mill of internal revenue ;Dsef
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by brodalikeme(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
are lagosian feeling much impact self
Better than other states
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by adesamix(m): 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
if it is true, the standard of living of state will be too high because of high tax .
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by ODVanguard: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
omohayek:

Which makes it all the more bizarre to hear all the complaining about “heavy” taxes. I wonder how many of those complaining would manage in a typical European country with 20% VAT and top income tax rates of more than 40%! I know they’ll just spout nonsense about how the government should first give them the benefits that will justify the taxes, but how exactly is that supposed to happen without the sort of heavy borrowing people condemn Osun for?

Honestly, going by the way nigerians attack tax collection, I think it's fair to say that we are not ready to develop. South Africa with a population of 40-million is pulling in as much as $65-billion dollars in VAT annually, while Nigeria with 170-million people struggles to collect a meager $6-billion. Our people need reorientation in this regard coz money for development has to come from somewhere, and we don't have that many options, in the face of dwindling oil revenues.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by HiddenShadow: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
ODVanguard:

Honestly, going by the way nigerians attack tax collection, I think it's fair to say that we are not ready to develop. South Africa with a population of 40-million is pulling in as much as $65-billion dollars in VAT annually, while Nigeria with 170-million people struggles to collect a meager $6-billion. Our people need reorientation in this regard coz money for development has to come from somewhere, and we don't have that many options, in the face of dwindling oil revenues.

Are we rich as South Africans.
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by ODVanguard: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Are we rich as South Africans.

Guy, what are u talking about? We have more than 4-times the population of SA yet we can't match them even half way. Their companies in Nigeria make more money HERE than anywhere else, in other words, they are getting way more out of our population than our government is able to. Abeg talk another thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Hiatus: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
olagoke157:
guyz please help...i need a shoe and palm of size 46....the palm slippers/slip-on is the most important for now ...if there is anyone here who sells that plz kindly mssg me or if you knw som1 dat knws som1..it will be really appreciated..thanks peepz
I do an supply footwears, u can reach me on 08060507639
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Amoto94(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
This is true
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by HiddenShadow: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
ODVanguard:

Guy, what are u talking about? We have more than 4-times the population of SA yet we can't match them even half way. Their companies in Nigeria make more money HERE than anywhere else, in other words, they are getting way more out of our population than our government is able to. Abeg talk another thing.

You can't compare South Africans with Nigerians.

South Africans enjoy a reasonable level of wealthy, unlike the zoo
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Vivere: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
afroniger:
This sounds like bad belle. What's your own? You can't know better than the state government that made the release.
If you know Kogi state very well, you will know the state govt is lying. sad Let them list the sources of the IGR. How did it come about? Workers have not been paid for months, so PAYE tax could not have been deducted from unpaid salaries. New industries have not been built, new companies have not been opened and new projects have not been commissioned in the state since beginning of this year. So where is the increased IGR coming from??
Re: Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly by Vivere: 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
omohayek:

In foreign countries, everyone can see what the taxes are used for. Citizens do not have to seek additional funds to provide essential services, which their taxes are expected to cover.

In Nigeria, taxation is an additional burden because even after paying those taxes , you do not get the benefits that accrue from paying them, and you still have to find additional funds to provide the same goods and services that should have been funded by your tax. From roads to water to security to almost everything else!

That is why people complain about taxes! As an SME, the issue of multiple taxation is so common in Nigeria, that some businesses actually end up collapsing under the weight of such multiple taxes. Govt ignores their pleas and some business owners are left with no choice, but to close shop or relocate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati / Justice Ngwuta’s Trial: FG Sacks Top Lawyer Over Conduct / Sokoto State PDP Flags-Off Gubernatorial Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.