Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today (1374 Views)

$200billion Loot In Dubai:EFCC Trails 7 Ex-Governors,6 Ex-Ministers,5 PDP Chiefs / Buhari Receives Indicting Documents On Ex-ministers, Others / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by kosovo(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2010
Facts emerged on Monday that Acting President Goodluck Jonathan would forward only a list of returning ministers to the Senate on Tuesday (today) for consideration.

This is contrary to widespread belief that a full list of 42 ministerial nominees would be submitted this week.

A top Presidency source disclosed in Abuja that Jonathan decided to limit the ministerial nominees to those retained in the dissolved Federal Executive Council because of the need to ensure urgent and smooth screening of those affected.

If things work according to plans, the screening of this set of ministers would have been completed by Thursday when the Senate embarks on another break.

New ministerial nominees go through rigorous screening sessions unlike those who had undergone such rituals before.

In some cases as where some of them had been parliamentarians, either in the Senate or House of Representatives, they simply bow and go; a display of espirit de corp; to the delight of the nominees and senators.

The idea to forward this first batch of ministers is to have some ministers in place in order not to stifle government business, as permanent secretaries holding the forte currently have little they could do in policy formulations and implementation.

Also, it was learnt that the Acting President had dropped all the members of President Umau Yar’Adua’s kitchen cabinet.

More
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by phraoh(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2010
This is really bad,i was looking forward to seeing new crops of progressive minded minister.
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by anishe(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
I tire for this country oooooooooooo

Why the recycling? Cant we get new ministers! Young, Energetic and Vibrant Ministers?

i tire for this country, i swear.
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by snowdrops(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
Talk about regurgitating your vomitus.
Phewwwww
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by sley4life(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
I heard 50% of the ex minister would be nominated again
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by toideve(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
i just tire too o, I thought they will just retain only Akunyili and let the rest go in pieces sad
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by alldone(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
this country! some people are behinde this things. the cabal they cut the shot.
they tell u what to do. that is the way to survive presidency
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by olatimmy: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
our leaders have made the seat of power their personal home where they goin and come out anytime.may God help us.
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by Fhemmmmy: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
phraoh:

This is really bad,i was looking forward to seeing new crops of progressive minded minister.

Me and you both
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by zidane2006: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
If the senators will allow El rufai and ribadu should be back in this government or the next as vice president and president respectively.
Re: Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today by Eaglebabe: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
where the list now?

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi? Goldman Sachs' Aganga Named Nigerian Finance Minister / US Case Study Report on Atiku and His Mirrors / Fashola The Rascal Hands Over Four Major Projects. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.