Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu (2304 Views)

“You Lied!” – Jonathan Replies David Cameron Over Chibok Girls / PDP Has Confirmed That Their Governors Have Deserted Them — Festus Keyamo / My Transition Hour: Jonathan Replies Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
The former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has replied the National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who had, during his address at the presentation of a book titled, “Making Steady Sustainable Progress” authored by President Muhammadu Buhari’s media aides at the Old Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa, Abuja, accused his(Jonathan’s) administration of institutionalising corruption in Nigeria.

The former president spoke through his former aide and bestselling author, Pastor Reno Omokri,

The statement reads thus: “Again my attention has been drawn to disparaging comments made by Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu against former President Goodluck Jonathan and his administration. In the said comments, Mr. Tinubu said “The prior government used the public treasury as a private hedge fund or a charity that limited its giving only to themselves,” he said.

“So much money grew feet and ran away faster than Usain Bolt ever could. That which could have been spent on national development was squandered in ways that would cause the devil to blush.” Speaking further, the former Lagos State Governor said: “Boko Haram would have taken more territory and more lives would have been lost to insurgency if Jonathan had remained in power.” I would now address these allegations point by point using verifiable facts.

First of all, the only global body for monitoring corruption is Transparency International which releases an annual Corruption Perception Index. It is a fact that Nigeria made her most improvement in Transparency International‘s annual Corruption Perception Index In 2014 under President Jonathan when we moved from 144 to 136 representing an improvement of 8 points. Transparency International observed the Jonathan administration’s fight against the corruption in Nigeria’s fertilizer procurement regime, the use of technology to remove 50,000 Federal ghost workers and the speed at which the then President fired ministers accused of corruption or conflict of interests. From that time till today, Nigeria has not made any improvements and has remained at 136 where Jonathan left us because Transparency International deals with facts, not opinions or media trial. Other than media sensationalism, there have been no convictions of financial misappropriation stemming from the Jonathan era.

However, we do know that it is a fact that the allegedly corrupt pension thief, Abdulrasheed Maina, was dismissed and declared wanted by the Jonathan administration. We also now know that it is a fact that the present Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, met with Maina in Dubai. We know that Maina’s family revealed in a press conference that Maina was invited back to Nigeria by the present government. It is also a fact that Maina was recalled, reinstated and given double promotion by the current administration. Moreover, we know from the Head of Service’s leaked memo that President Muhammadu Buhari was aware of this entire saga.

Perhaps Asiwaju Bola Tinubu mistook the Usain Bolt speed at which Maina was smuggled back into the country and reinstated for the unproven claims of corruption under Jonathan. We also know that it is a fact that $25 billion worth of contracts were awarded at the NNPC without due process. It is also a fact that this is the highest ever such amount involved in Nigeria’s history. Again, perhaps it is this amount that Tinubu meant when he said “So much money grew feet and ran away faster than Usain Bolt ever could”. Or perhaps he was referring to Babachir Lawal. Nigerians should note that on the 7th of March 2014, then President Jonathan said “I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad.”

Till date, nobody has been able to contradict that statement because it is true. Can Bola Tinubu or anybody in the APC leadership make a similar claim? On the issue of Boko Haram and terrorism, it is a fact that there is only one global body recognized to monitor terrorism and that is the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) which releases the annual Global Terrorism Index. It is a fact that between 2013 and 2014, Nigeria under President Jonathan was unfortunately listed as the fourth most terrorized nation in the world.

However, in the latest Global Terrorism Index released yesterday (November 15, 2017) by the Institute for Economics and Peace, Nigeria has deteriorated from where Jonathan left it and is now the third most terrorized nation. In 2015, President Jonathan ensured that elections held in every local government in Borno states, but last month, the United Nations declared that they could no longer operate in certain local governments of Borno state. So who is fooling who? So if according to Transparency International, Nigeria was less corrupt under Jonathan than it is today and according to the Institute for Economics and Peace, Nigeria is more terrorized today than it was under Jonathan, it becomes clear that Bola Tinubu has no factual basis to make the claims he made.”

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by ubongoton(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
yet still our problem are not still solve. Like me i need money to stake game this week end ooo

3 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Samusu(m): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Uncle Jones of Indiana Jones
Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by dollytino4real(f): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
bola, remi, jagaban, tinubu any other name again pls add to drive home my point(tinubu go and have ur siddon at the backyard)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
To think that it is Tinubu who is calling Jonathan corrupt is beyond me! Have we so lost our sense of shame in this country?

15 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by femidejulius(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
The truth is every government in Nigeria fights corruption. If they don't fight it for the sake of the nation, they fight their enemies under anti-corruption crusade.

That being said, no Nigerians should take these clowns called politicians serious. While you fight to support them, they still talk to each other and even call themselves on the phone. Never mind the public dramas.

9 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by KardinalZik(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Can a government built on LIES AND PROPAGANDA ever work with facts?
Amalgamated Propaganda Confederate (APC).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Mexzy4sho(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
Love the way Jona replied, very mature. Hit the nail in the tooth. Enhhhhn, Mr Tinubu, please any time we are talking about corruption, pls pls, try to avoid it because we don't give a f*** about your opinion

9 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
on the 7th of March 2014, then President Jonathan said “I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad.” Till date, nobody has been able to contradict that statement because it is true. Can Bola Tinubu or anybody in the APC leadership make a similar claim?

8 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Mrjo(m): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tinubu always make reckless comments, i wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Isoko1stSon(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Zombies Are Absent here

2 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Isoko1stSon(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
Jonathan Is The Best President nigeria ever had.

This Same Witch Okpolo Eye Tinubu Helped sponsor the Epidemic that Is Nigeria's Problem

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Isoko1stSon(m): 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tinubu needs More Flogging from Buharis Cabal

2 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by anonimi: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Whynotthetruth:
on the 7th of March 2014, then President Jonathan said “I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad.” Till date, nobody has been able to contradict that statement because it is true. Can Bola Tinubu or anybody in the APC leadership make a similar claim?

Even their saint bubu cannot make such a claim.
The $2.8 billion he stole as federal commissioner for petroleum in the 70s is still stashed in London.
The billions he stole as PTF Chairman with Abacha don join am.
Now he has added Baru's $26 billion on top.
That is why he is always rushing to London faking sickness to enjoy Aisha in za oza room of medical tourism.
Such a loathsome thief.
Any wonder he could send his children to schools in Britain while pretending to be a broke ass, incompetent old soldier to his All Poverty Congress, APC zombies shouting change, change

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2056178_buharrriii_jpegfa72c16ad1c41e9eed450be7ddf57e53

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3441929_img20160227001458_jpeg3fecf627d6b5447631b348f011e59b5a

5 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by rozay12345: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tinubu, the father of corruption is awarding medals. While it is sad that the Jonathan government was enmeshed in corruption, Neither Tinubu nor Buhari has the right to award those medals because their actions have not proven us otherwise. When Buhari was stealing Nigeria Oil Corporation 2.8 Billion Dollars, Jonathan was writing his A'Levels, the theft Tinubu has perpetrated in Lagos State is monumental that generations unborn might not recover easily from it.

3 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Paperwhite(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
To refute the lies of a chronically sick lying government like that of the APC is just like joining in their bandwagon of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by CowHard: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Don't worry tinubu.. ..Dino is on the way

3 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Saaruman(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
Who gave Tifnubu, the frog eyed man mouth to talk about corruption? Tinubu was born in corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Saaruman(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
According to Zoo guiding principle, a man with foreign accounts, properties, and who's children schooled abroad is a SAINT, while a man who's children schooled in Nigeria and doesn't have foreign accounts, or properties, is corrupt. GEJ remains the most honest President the zoo ever had!

4 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by ReubenE(m): 12:23am On Nov 17, 2017
Misguided statement from Tinubu.

I don't understand why these people are still talking about the past....

2 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Oblang(m): 1:04am On Nov 17, 2017
Reno always saying trash...who doesn't know to what extent bokoharam operated during gej compared to now....
Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 17, 2017
everybody are condemning past admin, even the corrupt grand master (Tinubu) think he gat an opinion too.
Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by policy12: 4:20am On Nov 17, 2017
Its only in naija d people always prefer the previous Govt to the reigning one, but the govt officials always find way to blame the past...

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by dokiOloye(m): 4:58am On Nov 17, 2017
Not seen NL resident zombies on this thread.
Tdarkside,Sarrki,Ngene,etc,e be like this one pass una
Too many verifiable truths maybe.

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by totorimi: 5:13am On Nov 17, 2017
Truth will always standout where lies and propaganda thrives, there is no need to say anything further Mr Reno spoke based on verifiable facts which are open and available.

These killers and election usurpers who cannot give a single account of their stewardship unless they call GEJ's name as their only alibi to keep fooling themselves, forgetting that Nigeria of today is not the same as 1985.

We will present all election promises you made and all the counter denials and match them side by side with were we where before APC threatened Nigerians into sumission to their demand for power.

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by weownthewest: 5:28am On Nov 17, 2017
Good response

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by Zendinho(m): 5:44am On Nov 17, 2017
My ambition does not worth the blood of any innocent Nigerian....GEJ 2015. Nigerians today, you have the right to choose between light and darkness....GEJ 2015.

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by felixtare(m): 5:50am On Nov 17, 2017
see finishing :Dsee finishing

1 Like

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 5:51am On Nov 17, 2017
cheesy Sarrki, my hero don reply o grin

I will take my time to break it down for zombies to grab cheesy ..

He talked about Maina cheesy

I'm coming grin

2 Likes

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 5:59am On Nov 17, 2017
Tinubu, I have great respect for you but since you've gone for my hero's neck, we will ffondle your jugulars angry

Nigerians should note that on the 7th of March 2014, then President Jonathan said “I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad.”

Till date, nobody has been able to contradict that statement because it is true. Can Bola Tinubu or anybody in the APC leadership make a similar claim?

Re: Facts Have Deserted Bola Tinubu Faster Than Usain Bolt – Jonathan Replies Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 6:07am On Nov 17, 2017

Perhaps Asiwaju Bola Tinubu mistook the Usain Bolt speed at which Maina was smuggled back into the country and reinstated for the unproven claims of corruption under Jonathan. We also know that it is a fact that $25 billion worth of contracts were awarded at the NNPC without due process. It is also a fact that this is the highest ever such amount involved in Nigeria’s history. Again, perhaps it is this amount that Tinubu meant when he said “So much money grew feet and ran away faster than Usain Bolt ever could”. Or perhaps he was referring to Babachir Lawal.

cheesy

(1) (2)

Imo APC Crisis: Court Stops INEC From Recognizing Okorocha As Senatorial Candida / Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment / Will Ojukwu Be Happy Seeing How Buhari Is Treating Igbos Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.