Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff (1241 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 1:39am On Nov 17, 2017
One plus has successfully found a way of releasing more than one smartphone as they used to before. In this method, oneplus introduces a new smartphone without passing through the hassle of selecting a name for it's new smartphone model. They just add "T" to the name of the previous model.
It began with the one plus 3 and 3T.

The one plus 5T is exactly what the one plus 5 should have being, in other for it to contend with the smartphones that emerged in 2017.

Below is a quick scan of the features the one plus 5T possesses.

DESIGN

Holding the Oneplus 5T in your hands, the first obvious new feature surfaces.

The one plus 5T features 6.0 inch amoled display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080.
The fact that the one plus 5T has a 6 inch display isn't the news here, the news here is the fact that the oneplus 5T bears a screen aspect ratio of 18:9 which facilitates a taller display.
This is the kind of display featured on most 2017 flagships like the LG G6, samsung galaxy s8, LG v30 e.t.c.
Apart from the fact that the display of the oneplus 5T is stretched, the bezels on it are also very thin
So when you stare at the front panel of it's display, you are less bothered about the black bezels instead you are given an illusion of an almost bezeless display learn more...

Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 1:42am On Nov 17, 2017
The oneplus 5T doesn't bear any IP rating just like the oneplus 5. This means the one plus 5T isn't water proof, splash proof or dust resistant. That's bad news I guess, to some people. To others who are meticulous with the way they use their phone, it isn't a big deal.

HARDWARE

The hardware part of the oneplus 5T isn't what being wowed about, the one plus 5T bears the same hardware specifications as the one plus 5 as well as most 2017 flagships. The only hardware disparity here is in the camera build.

The one plus 5T features a snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB or 8GB of ram, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage with no room for micro-SD expansion, a 3,300mah battery and quick charge.

The one plus 5T features the same camera sensors as the oneplus 5, but the implementation of the dual camera system is different.

The oneplus 5T features a 16mp front facing camera with face recognition built in. Hands on on the oneplus 5 already shows that the one plus 5 face recognition system is faster than that of iPhone x face ID. However oneplus during the launch of the one plus 5T buttressed the point that face scanners are not as secure as finger print scanners. So for those planning to put the oneplus 5T face scanner through serious test, oneplus is already telling you it isn't worth it learn more..

Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by OCTAVO: 7:31am On Nov 17, 2017
You've started with lame comparisons again. angry
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by tidedroid: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2017
One plus is definitely has the better design,processor and software support.I can't say anything on cameras cuz have not used either of them b4.but tecno is a midrange phone true and true at 250-300dollars while op5t is a budget-flagship phone at 500dollars so this isn't even a fair comparison.maybe techno vs Samsung a series or moto g,x and z mini series or xiaomi's redmi note series would be a better suited for a side by side comparison
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2017
tidedroid:
One plus is definitely has the better design,processor and software support.I can't say anything on cameras cuz have not used either of them b4.but tecno is a midrange phone true and true at 250-300dollars while op5t is a budget-flagship phone at 500dollars so this isn't even a fair comparison.maybe techno vs Samsung a series or moto g,x and z mini series or xiaomi's redmi note series would be a better suited for a side by side comparison

Well said
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by d33types: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2017
They both have 6GB RAM, and so?
Tecno phantom can at best be compared to a galaxy note 4.
Note;I am not a Samsung fanboy.
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2017
d33types:
They both have 6GB RAM, and so?
Tecno phantom can at best be compared to a galaxy note 4.
Note;I am not a Samsung fanboy.

No haba. Note 4 is old na. I fit bet say if then run speed test for both, the phantom 8 go dust note 4.
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by d33types: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Josh1920:

No haba. Note 4 is old na. I fit bet say if then run speed test for both, the phantom 8 go dust note 4.

No way.. Comparing a snapdragon series with a mediatek helio? No way. Even with the 3GB-6GB difference you will prefer the note 4
when Tecno phones get nfc , 4k display and wacom digitizer display, I will consider them..

Their phones are not different form homtom and other modern chiko phones.

1 Like

Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
d33types:

No way.. Comparing a snapdragon series with a mediatek helio? No way. Even with the 3GB-6GB difference you will prefer the note 4
when Tecno phones get nfc , 4k display and wacom digitizer display, I will consider them..

Their phones are not different form homtom and other modern chiko phones.

OK.. If you say so
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Realboygenius(m): 4:55am On Nov 21, 2017
I'll always go for a brand I trust...I'll go for the Phantom. 8
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by Josh1920: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2017
Realboygenius:
I'll always go for a brand I trust...I'll go for the Phantom. 8
Well said
Re: The Oneplus 5T And TECNO Phantom 8 Both Have 6GB Ram| Find Out Why They Are Diff by tafat: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2017
Josh1920:

True talk, phantom 8 is the latest deal

(1) (Reply)

Any Available Iphone 6 / Tecno W4 Battery Replacement.... Urgent / Watch The 2018 World Cup Live On Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.