Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. (142958 Views)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Jorussia(m): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
suxes2005:
@TochiPhotos, why won't she be jealous ?

Even NL guys are helping her to be jealous cause of
your 7 packs.

6 for stomach, 1 for under!

SHALOM
; : grin bros you funny o.sincerely, i missed his updates.Tochi you make sense wella

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Clefayomide: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
TochiPhotos:
Back to my diary,

The cold has been brutal, sometimes I sneeze and instead of mucus, a little blood comes out from my nose. Only thing I hate about Moscow is the cold. My World Cup Project has been good, I’m really grateful to God the project took off really well even after all what happened on here. My partner and I were able to fill the slots through word of mouth and twitter.

School has also been good but stressful, I hate that no matter how cold it gets, someone cannot just miss class unless you have a doctors reporting showing that you are sick.

Dating someone from a different culture is not easy to be honest, and my relationship with B has not been a bed of roses. We have issues like in every relationship but I often feel that the things that usually cause our issues are usually trivial but she disagrees. All the problems we usually have in our relationship is always about me not spending enough time with her, jealousy and the most annoying one when is when she always gets jealous and angry when my female friends from school or the girls working on my project with me text me or take pictures together. Like if I’m showing her something on my phone and she scrolls up and sees a picture of me and any of my female friends or classmates she will get moody etc I tell her constantly that I do not want anything with those girls, they are just my classmates, friends and some we work on my project together, she knows some of them but still she still gets upset.. The biggest problem we have is her constant complain that I don’t visit her often. I’m usually busy on weekdays but on weekends I go to their house on Friday, then go to my dorm on Saturday evening and each time she tries to make me stay till Sunday but I tell her I have to do my assignments, go to Church, and work and she gets angry and say that I don’t care about her.

It’s not been easy mehn, we have our up and downs but each time we always try our best to understand the situation and make things work. It hasn’t been easy but to be honest I won’t trade our relationship for anything.

On February 14th Valentine’s day I took her on a dinner date, it was a memorable night. The dinner date was on a cruise ship aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla, and for 3 hours we cruised and sailed on the Moskva River, aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla. It was really a magically night, a night. Before we went to the dinner date, we exchanged gifts. I gave her flowers and bought her a jacket and she bought me some clothes, and a gift pack with men’s cream and some other stuff.
Then her dad drove us to our date. We wanted to take the metro to our date but her dad didn’t want us to walk in the cold to the metro and he drove us for over an hour to the city center for our date.

One good thing about Moscow is how inexpensive things and experiences are. The tickets for the cruise ship on the Moskva River were less than 5 thousand naira and I’m sure if it were in Lagos, it would cost more than 20k.
Moscow have so many memorable places and things you can visit for wonderful experiences most are free and the other fee paying ones are so inexpensive. Only thing I hate about Moscow is cold.

On the 23rd of February Men’s day in Russia. It is a day women celebrate the important men in their life. Women usually buy gifts for the men they love on this day and do things for the man. I didn’t know about this holiday till B told me to get ready and come to her that she’s taking me out. When I arrived she gave me some gifts she bought for me to celebrate men’s day. She bought me some clothes. It is customary for women to buy the men they love gifts on this day. Then we went to a bar in the city center and danced and drank and because it was men’s day she said we didn’t have to share the bills because it’s her treat for the man in her life. It felt really good, we danced and danced, and she said so many good things to me. We got drunk then went home late in the night and slept off, we didn’t wake up till Saturday afternoon with a heavy hangover lol.

Another important holiday in Russia is March 8th. Women’s day. This is one of the most important holidays in Russia and on this day women all over Russia are celebrated. March 8th is also a national holiday and men are expected to give the women they love flowers and gifts. It was a long holiday, the holiday was 2 days Thursday and Friday + the weekend so I went to B’s house to spend the holiday. I gave her a flower (A Tulip flower) it’s spring right now so it is the best flower to give. I also gave her a perfume then we went to out. The holiday was on Thursday and Friday so were all at home.
On Saturday the parents wanted all of us to do something together so they took us to the Aqua Park. The Aqua Park is big and it is indoors obviously cos of the cold lol. We went there in the morning and returned at night. There was so much to do, we played in the water slides, we went to the Sauna and had lunch and dinner their lol. I was the only black man their and so many kids were looking at me as if it were their first time to see a black man. It felt weird sha but I always smile at the kids. It was a really memorable day then the day drove us home and we had a large dinner then called it a night.
It was a really memorable day for those on my snap, I posted videos and pictures of the trips on my snapchat.

I have an exam in 2 weeks and I really hope it goes well. Also my special and wonderful friend S helped me find a Nigerian store where I can buy Nigerian food ingredients. She’s my best friend and most important friend I have, she calls me her son and is like a mom to me. She is an absolutely wonderful woman with the kindest heart, I will tell you guys about this my wonderful friend later. I went to the store and I bought yam, garri and pepper. I will buy egusi and cook when next I go there.
My Russian friends kept asking what yam is when I was cooking in the kitchen, apparently they don’t know what yam is lol. I cooked my Nigerian yam and ate with sauce and now I’m enjoying my ijebu garri with sugar and cold water.

And here a few pictures of the trips. 1st 2 pictures Valentines day (Moskva River) 3 and 4th With B (Aqua park) and with B's parents and B.

Take care guys, later!

Damnnn!!!!
Those abs!!!!...no homo bro
#littledwaynejohnson
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Lalaski001: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2018
interesting
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by adoniza(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please keep updating...
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by ChuksEbube: 11:03am On May 02, 2018
Someone please come to my rescue. I'm stuck . embarassed

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by dunsin125: 12:57pm On May 02, 2018
Waoh.... Very nice

Thank you OP
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by cyberhike(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2018
and my passport came through last weekend. thank God
tochi Hafa na? hope you re doing well.
and how's your sunshine... regards to her.

na finishing touches remain now

16 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Inkredible(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2018
cyberhike:

Ugly passport grin

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by cyberhike(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2018
Inkredible:

Ugly passport grin

yeah it is...

but that's the number one thing to do If you wanna leave this "s**thole

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by trinityconcept(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2018
grin grin grin
Clefayomide:

Damnnn!!!! Those abs!!!!...no homo bro #littledwaynejohnson
Clefayomide:

Damnnn!!!! Those abs!!!!...no homo bro #littledwaynejohnson
thumbs up bro I love that your relationship part. buh bros dah 23rd night off me o u guys got drunk and slept till Saturday afternoon is there something ure missed yo type ni?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by adoniza(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2018
trinityconcept:
grin grin grin thumbs up bro I love that your relationship part. buh bros dah 23rd night off me o u guys got drunk and slept till Saturday afternoon is there something ure missed yo type ni?
Hahahahahah, this guy sef, you dey observe things o.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by trinityconcept(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2018
adoniza:

adoniza:

no offence pls m enjoying this
can't wait for the next episode
I'm beggining to like Russia

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by jabolo(m): 5:47pm On May 08, 2018
Any update on the World Cup project? I'm very interested. So no more spaces?

Thanks.

TochiPhotos:
Back to my diary,

The cold has been brutal, sometimes I sneeze and instead of mucus, a little blood comes out from my nose. Only thing I hate about Moscow is the cold. My World Cup Project has been good, I’m really grateful to God the project took off really well even after all what happened on here. My partner and I were able to fill the slots through word of mouth and twitter.

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Mcslize: 7:17pm On May 08, 2018
cyberhike:

How did u apply for this?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by cyberhike(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2018
Mcslize:

How did u apply for this?

it was done at the oyo state office.
cost me a total of 32k to do it.
I just got a contact of some officer there and he helped in the formalities
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by CastedAyo: 1:03am On May 09, 2018
cyberhike:

it was done at the oyo state office.

cost me a total of 32k to do it.

I just got a contact of some officer there and he helped in the formalities

How many pages?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by cyberhike(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2018
CastedAyo:

How many pages?

32 sir
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by HeWrites(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2018
cyberhike:

32 sir
Cool
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 5:09am On May 10, 2018
cyberhike:

32 sir

1k per page. Lol grin

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 3:31am On May 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by abilityC: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2018
Watagwan inna d yarrd mahnnn
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by TochiPhotos(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2018
My people, how are you guys? It’s been a really long time, I’m sorry for my lack of updates, I’ve been inundated with work. I’ve been busy handling all the guests that came through my business, it’s been so overwhelming and I’ve barely had time for anything else.
I will write a more comprehensive post about what I have been up to these past few weeks later, right now I will share just pictures from the World Cup.

I was in Kaliningrad to support the super Eagles against Croatia, unfortunately we lost. I Will be in Volgograd on Friday to support against Iceland and I hope we have a better chance this time around.

See guys soon.

All pictures from matchday against Croatia.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Fish123(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
TochiPhotos:
My people, how are you guys? It’s been a really long time, I’m sorry for my lack of updates, I’ve been inundated with work. I’ve been busy handling all the guests that came through my business, it’s been so overwhelming and I’ve barely had time for anything else.
I will write a more comprehensive post about what I have been up to these past few weeks later, right now I will share just pictures from the World Cup.

I was in Kaliningrad to support the super Eagles against Croatia, unfortunately we lost. I Will be in Volgograd on Friday to support against Iceland and I hope we have a better chance this time around.

See guys soon.

nice update, welcome back bro
we really missed you

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Crescent101: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nice one bro.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by shakol91(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
TochiPhotos:

See guys soon.

I saw you live on TV. I was able to recognise you from your previous pictures on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Osaretin4life(m): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2018
Tochiphoto i greet you bros please i need a help from u and i believe u can do it for me because i gave been following u , bro i jst arrived in Russia few days ago so i need u to put me through hw do i start life here beside i like the country no matter what people say about them and i jst hv to keep Focus that is my plan, i will be hoping to here from u soon stay bless.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by akinola12345: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
How easy is it to get a job in Russia and like how much will the salary be
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Theophinio(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
AbuchiDavid:
Good to be here again. Recently I have travelled to Ethiopia where I got my study visa and travelled to the Republic of Georgia and was refused entry for no reason. I spent few days in Dubai and decided to return to Nigeria to start my processes for Russia. I had wanted Russia since early this year but I had thought Georgia is better until I felt the power of their racism when I travelled there. Now I can wholly go to Russia. Who here is going to Chelyabinsk State University? I recently discovered this university and I think that's my next move.
Greetings bro
Is there no Georgian Embassy here in Nigeria, while flying to Ethiopia
Anxway, How was Ethiopia, Am curious about that country chicks, Wink
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Saintsquare(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
akinola12345:
How easy is it to get a job in Russia and like how much will the salary be
The problem will be the language,most Russians don't speak English.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Suplexx: 5:50am On Jul 16, 2018
TochiPhotos:

See guys soon.

I am here for the world cup. How can I apply to study Masters here in Moscow. Before I leave?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.