Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai (2240 Views)

Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) / Tiwa Savage's Look To Wizkid's Starboy Fest In London / Wizkid's Outfit To Global Citizen Fest In South Africa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by LifestyleTonite: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
I've been going through the videos of performances by the Artistes at the Pepsi One Africa Music Fest. The show was awesome, I must confess.

The Nigerian Acts at the event were Wizkid, Tuface, Tiwa Savage, Davido, Flavour, Emmanyra etc.

The show had a DJ and live band.

Out of the Nigerian Artistes that performed, Davido and Emmanyra were the only ones that didn't perform with a Live Band. When it was time for them to perform, the Instrumentalists left the stage leaving Davido and also Emmanyra miming their songs while the musical instruments were idle.

Nigerian Artistes really need to stop this. Though I'm glad they are beginning to perform live.

The red arrows in the pictures point to the instruments. Check if you will find Instrumentalists in the pictures,

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by LifestyleTonite: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
more pics

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by nittroboy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
wink
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by RoyalBlak007: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
♤If you can't perform with a live band , you're not a good artist

♤《Argue with your keypad》

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by WotzupNG: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
♤If you can't perform with a live band , you're not a good artist

♤《Argue with your keypad》

The noise makers are usually the ones jumping into the crowd like a Frog.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by adorablepepple(f): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
FIA- Frog � In Africa. What do you want expect

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by teresafaith: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
He performed without a band, he didn't perform with a band, shebi dem pay am him money?
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by LesbianBoy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
When will some of you get it? Performing with live band is one thing, performing with live band and doing it properly is another thing!

Tekno doesn't really have a good singing voice but he performed with live band too

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by WotzupNG: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
teresafaith:
He performed without a band, he didn't perform with a band, shebi dem pay am him money?
He got paid for successfully fooling people.

I got no problem with that, but he shouldn't come out boasting where real Singers are.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by wordbank(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
WotzupNG:

I got no problem with that, but he shouldn't come out boasting where real Singers are.
Craze dey worry u
Talk again

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by millyajay(f): 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
Okay

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by mayweather145: 12:11am On Nov 18, 2017
The op created this thread specially to hate davido. Pls wats so special in using a live band? If prsn no like to do something, na by force? Op saying Nigerian artiste need to stop this. How many international artiste do u see with live band? Yet they earn more . #Owonikokostopdhate.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by mayweather145: 12:15am On Nov 18, 2017
WotzupNG:

The noise makers are usually the ones jumping into the crowd like a Frog.
u call him a noise maker? If noise making pays like this, i pray i should start making such noise.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by mayweather145: 12:18am On Nov 18, 2017
WotzupNG:

u must be mad.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by alBHAGDADI: 2:06am On Nov 18, 2017
mayweather145:
The op created this thread specially to hate davido. Pls wats so special in using a live band? If prsn no like to do something, na by force? Op saying Nigerian artiste need to stop this. How many international artiste do u see with live band? Yet they earn more . #Owonikokostopdhate.
He should stop acting like a real singer and keep himself in the premises of mimers.

That's the difference between him and wizkid.

Life is not always about money. If his money has bought your senses, note that such is not obtainable with everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Sharplakezy(m): 6:40am On Nov 18, 2017
we all know wizkid is better artist. with a lot of qualities. how do you want someone with frog voice to do live band. you are all bad, you just wanna expose someone's weakness

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by LifestyleTonite: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Sharplakezy:
we all know wizkid is better artist. with a lot of qualities. how do you want someone with frog voice to do live band. you are all bad, you just wanna expose someone's weakness
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Neimar: 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
adorablepepple:
FIA- Frog � In Africa. What do you want expect

omo I luv ya size
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Wizzyflexx: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
turtle head ninja can't do live band...you guys should give froggy...a break please
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lol.
This OP is very stupid.
You mean all his shows he hasn't been performing with live bands or you just wanna show how stupid you are cos he didn't perform with live band in that event?
Meanwhile from videos I've watched, he killed the show and people enjoyed him the most.
What's the essence of the live band then?
If I need live band, I'll hire go to My Church adoration and enjoy that.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Threebear(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
But the three that performed with live bands were wacky.
Tiwa can't dance to save her life, and her vocals are pitchy .
Wizkid can't carry any note and his singing is not coherent.
Tekno has literally no talent, except dancing like an epileptic retard or jumping up like a she goat on heat.

Give me one's energetic performance any day.
Better it than people pretending they are more talented than they actually are.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Threebear(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
But the three that performed with live bands were wacky.
Tiwa can't dance to save her life, and her vocals are pitchy .
Wizkid can't carry any note and his singing is not coherent.
Tekno has literally no talent, except dancing like an epileptic retard or jumping up like a she goat on heat.

Give me obo's energetic performance any day.
Better it than people pretending they are more talented than they actually are.
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Gundel(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Wat makes davido an artiste,
Lyrics buy
Voice awkward
Face tmnt
Pls, I want to know
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Jackson042: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
Gundel:
Wat makes davido an artiste,
Lyrics buy
Voice awkward
Face tmnt
Pls, I want to know

His ability to take that lyrics & turn it into a hit...

Buying lyrics is not a new thing... it's been done everywhere... Jay Z, Rihanna, Beyonce... many artists both locally & abroad buy lyrics...

Okay look at Cardi B that sang Bodak Yellow...

They're saying she has a ghost writer..

and when she was asked in an interview, she said "I don't really care what they say. My fans love the song & I'm stacking ma bank".

How do we know that it's Wizkid that actually writes all his songs? What if he has a writer?

There are still people who write their own songs but cannot produce a single hit... Skales for example..

And there are still those who buy lyrics but cannot turn that lyrics into a hit song... not because the writer wrote rubbish.. but the artist doesn't have the skill set..

So it doesn't matter if Davido buys he's lyrics... the main fact is that, he paid good money for it... turned the lyrics into a hit... and he's as well making money from it...

as for his voice, that's the swag of the whole thing.. even with his cracked voice, the song still sells...

the guy has good ear for music joor...
Re: What I Noticed About The One Africa Music Fest In Dubai by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jackson042:

His ability to take that lyrics & turn it into a hit...

Buying lyrics is not a new thing... it's been done everywhere... Jay Z, Rihanna, Beyonce... many artists both locally & abroad buy lyrics...

Okay look at Cardi B that sang Bodak Yellow...

They're saying she has a ghost writer..

and when she was asked in an interview, she said "I don't really care what they say. My fans love the song & I'm stacking ma bank".

How do we know that it's Wizkid that actually writes all his songs? What if he has a writer?

There are still people who write their own songs but cannot produce a single hit... Skales for example..

And there are still those who buy lyrics but cannot turn that lyrics into a hit song... not because the writer wrote rubbish.. but the artist doesn't have the skill set..

So it doesn't matter if Davido buys he's lyrics... the main fact is that, he paid good money for it... turned the lyrics into a hit... and he's as well making money from it...

as for his voice, that's the swag of the whole thing.. even with his cracked voice, the song still sells...

the guy has good ear for music joor...
Gbam!!! you took it out from my mouth

(1) (Reply)

New Song : Teddya Ft Wizkid - ONE TIME / See The Video Of Females Who Couldn't Let Go Of Wizkid Body At POP UP Shop(video / Blac Chyna Defies Burnaboy's Threat, Arrives Nigeria To A Plate Of Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.