|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,862,271 members, 6,866,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 12:30 PM
Arsenal Fans Mob Aubameyang Lamboghini After Tottenham Win (Photos, Video) / Bundesliga: Bayern Munchen VS Vfb Stuttgart Prediction / Stuttgart Fan Starts €900m Fundraiser In Bid To Help Club Sign Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)
|Bundesliga: Vfb Stuttgart V Dortmund – Aubameyang Missing. by dabblesports(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2017|
It’s going to be a weekend of match activities in the Bundesliga as teams move to different locations in the country to honour games slated for match day 12.
Hannes Wolf's promoted side probably have the worst away record in the Bundesliga this term with six defeats from as many matches; but they are a difference force to reckon with on their own turf, with four wins, a draw and just one goal conceded.
To help their cause, captain Christian Gentner and centre-back Holger Badstuber are expected to be available again after injury kept them at bare, but Dzenis Burnic misses out against his parent club through suspension.
Borussia Dortmund travel south in search of a much needed victory after taking just a single point from their last four Bundesliga outings which is not a palatable meal for the fans.
Having topped the table at the start of the campaign, Peter Bosz's charges are now six points behind leaders Bayern Munich following their 3-1 Klassiker defeat on Matchday 11.
Christian Pulisic and Raphael Guerreiro should be well rested after staying in Dortmund during the international break, while Andre Schürrle is another attacking option after recovering from injury. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has not been included in the squad due to disciplinary reasons.
Stuttgart: Zieler - Baumgartl, Badstuber, Pavard - Beck, Ascacibar, Aogo (c), Akolo - Asano, Ginczek
Absentees: Burnic (suspended), Donis (shoulder), Kaminski (ankle), Mane (knee), Zimmermann (knee)
Coach: Hannes Wolf
Dortmund: Bürki - Toljan, Sokratis, Bartra, Schmelzer (c) - Castro, Weigl, Götze - Pulisic, Philipp - Yarmolenko
Absentees: Durm (hip), Piszczek (knee), Reus (knee), Rode (pubic bone), Toprak (knee), Isak (knee), Aubameyang (not included in squad)
Coach: Peter Bosz
• If Pulisic plays, it will be his 50th Bundesliga game. Only Timo Werner and Julian Draxler have reached that milestone at a younger age.
• Pulisic became the youngest player in Bundesliga history to score two top-flight goals, at the age of only 17 years, seven months and five days, in Dortmund's 3-0 win against Stuttgart in April 2016.
• Last season's top scorer Aubameyang is without a goal in his last five competitive games.
• Stuttgart have gained all 13 of their Bundesliga points this season at home. If they beat Dortmund, it will be their 500th home win in the Bundesliga.
• Dortmund's one point from the last four games is the worst return in the Bundesliga.
• Borussia are the only side to concede as many as 12 goals in the last four matches.
• Die Schwarzgelben are yet to lose to Stuttgart in 12 Bundesliga games, and have won the last three against the Swabians.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39