Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Glo New Data And Billing System - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo New Data And Billing System (4390 Views)

Glo New Daily Data Splash / Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / This Glo New Data Plan Will Amaze You - Full Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo New Data And Billing System by ceny6(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2017
Are you currently using Glo? Have you noticed that their data gets exhausted a lot faster than before? This is what I have observed. If ur using glo check ur data balance and try to download any file. Take note of the size and check ur balance when done. You will notice a significant data balance difference. It's really disappointing glo has started manipulating their data all in the name of offering you bumper package

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by lalanice(f): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2017
glo manipulates everything now. they even subscribe u to bundles and deduct ur money for it.

call them and they would tell you its not showing on their system. I'm really considering ditching my glo line.

I think etisalat is still sane for now undecided
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by ceny6(m): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2017
lalanice:
glo manipulates everything now. they even subscribe u to bundles and deduct ur money for it.

call them and they would tell you its not showing on their system. I'm really considering ditching my glo line.

I think etisalat is still safe for now undecided

Ur also right. If you keep credit on ur glo line it gets used up by the next day.

10 Likes

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Ay92(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2017
You are right op, I still don't understand how I used 1gb within 2 days
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by ceny6(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2017
Ay92:
You are right op, I still don't understand how I used 1gb within 2 days

Am glad ur also noticing it. U just feel that something is not right. I used 48.5mb this morning but glo had already deducted 94mb. If I didn't have what it takes to measure it I would just be assuming

2 Likes

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2017
Very bad network... No story
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by lalanice(f): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:

Ur also right. If you keep credit on ur glo line it gets used up by the next day.
and they have no intention of stopping... call them and theyd deactivate that one and subscribe you to anothercheesy seriously I'm done with dem

3 Likes

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by fortune1894(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:

glo is very fond of dis I only load my glo SIM when I want to make a call n I make sure I use up d airtime or it won't b dere d next day d last time dey were deducting 20 naira daily for entertainment bullshit which I didn't subscribe for
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Sunkyphil(m): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:
Are you currently using Glo? Have you noticed that their data gets exhausted a lot faster than before? This is what I have observed. If ur using glo check ur data balance and try to download any file. Take note of the size and check ur balance when done. You will notice a significant data balance difference. It's really disappointing glo has started manipulating their data all in the name of offering you bumper package
the only thing i notice is that u can only stream at midnight or early morning and whenever i load they always deduct 5 and 10naira angry
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Essont(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2017
I noticed this same thing, sub 4g,they claimed i have used 2g in 2 days. So disappointing. Am dropping em after exhausting my data.
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by stephany007: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2017
Na them know; i now have a Wifi that can beat any speed in Nigeria in my office so no need to bother about any stupid network provider for data . Any network provider that can beat this speed of mine should that am currently getting then i can patronize them
No 4G LTE can beat it . THE SPEED BELOW IS MY COMPANY WIFI NOT MOBILE NETWORK

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by frugal(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
stephany007:
Na them know; i now have a Wifi that can beat any speed in Nigeria in my office so no need to bother about any stupid network provider for data . Any network provider that can beat this speed of mine should that am currently getting then i can patronize them
No 4G LTE can beat it .
Is this on glo 4g lte? What mifi are you using and your location? Glo has improved greatly over the past few days. I get 16mbps on 3g - not ground breaking, but cool.
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Sunkyphil(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2017
frugal:

Is this on glo 4g lte? What mifi are you using and your location? Glo has improved greatly over the past few days. I get 16mbps on 3g - not ground breaking, but cool.
16mbps shocked d highest i get here is 600kb/s and its in d midnight or early morning
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:
I watched YouTube videos and the next thing my data was 2 gig left, I have been scared of opening YouTube since then cry,they ate zapping data like crazy
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by stephany007: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
frugal:

No be Glo na my company wifi network
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by ceny6(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
frenzyduchess:
I watched YouTube videos and the next thing my data was 2 gig left, I have been scared of opening YouTube since then cry,they ate zapping data like crazy

What it means is that we are facing this same problem. It's a deliberate action from Glo

1 Like

Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
Why increase it when you are going to zap it, it's jsut deception
ceny6:

What it means is that we are facing this same problem. It's a deliberate action from Glo
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
Thought so too, I used 4 gb within 11 days. But wetin man go do?
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Abudu2000(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Not only glo even mtn too. They have their way fo deducting more data than normal but I know how mtn works.if you sub from scratch without active data mtn data deduction is normal but lest say ur one week sub finished the 3rd day and u sub another immediately, bro ur data is gone already
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by OlufemiAbbey(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
I thought the problem is with my phone or some apps zapping my data. I watched 3 videos on YouTube and boy, 1GB is gone! If I browse for let's say 30-40 mins, without videos, once I check my balance, almost a gig is gone! What's wrong with Glo?
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Daeylar(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:

Really?

I will check
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Daeylar(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
ceny6:

Mine lasts though, and I prefer their call rate to mtn
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by mikool007(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
I thought i was the only one, my normal daily usage is 500 mb but it is already 900mb and today has not finished lipsrsealed
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by xty50(f): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
I observed that too
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by iXavier: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
stephany007:
No 4G LTE can beat it . THE SPEED BELOW IS MY COMPANY WIFI NOT MOBILE NETWORK

This internet speed is all I want in life
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by stephany007: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
iXavier:

This internet speed is all I want in life
I haven’t seen a speed as fast as that in Nigeria in my life
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by encryptjay(m): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
stephany007:
I haven’t seen a speed as fast as that in Nigeria in my life
Invite me to your office grin
Abj
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by rildwanullahi(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
frugal:

where you dey live
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 19, 2017
fortune1894:

glo is very fond of dis I only load my glo SIM when I want to make a call n I make sure I use up d airtime or it won't b dere d next day d last time dey were deducting 20 naira daily for entertainment bullshit which I didn't subscribe for

chai i thought it was only me. i called them to unsubscribe me from everything and my credit still dey finish. cant remember when last i called with glo and my credit got exhausted. na dem dey help me finish am
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by ryfoz(m): 4:36am On Nov 19, 2017
grin grin grin thank you guys for all these comments, running back to my MTN & airtel (the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know)
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by okikiosibodu(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2017
ceny6:
It is possible someone is sharing your data with you without your knowledge. To verify you status, dial *127*00#...it will show the number sharing your data (if you have any)

lalanice:

I think etisalat is still sane for now undecided
If you really want the issue resolved, I will suggest you keep calling into the customer care as often as required. Sometimes activities on a particular Glo line doesn't update. A better was around it is taking note of the day nd call the customer care after like 24 hrs, it is mostly to be updated by then

ceny6:

Why not call the customer care and notify them.... You might have some Value Added Services (VAS) on your line that are causing the deductions... They can help you with stopping them

@lalanice and Ceny6... The manner as which you also speak to the person that attends to you call also goes a long way in getting the issue resolved. Try to be nice to them, and don't insult them. Some people insult the customer care representatives (CCRs) and still expect the CCR to be nice to them or attend to their issues promptly. If you have about 10 VAS on your line and you are nice to the CCR, he can take his time and help you with stopping them. But if you insult his father from the beginning of the call, he can stop just one, and leave the rest on your line. Be nice to them, you will get you issue resolved. Let me give you an hint. Wen your call gets picked and the CCR introduces himself you can start the conversation by mentioning the Car's name and asking how his shift is going... Eg Lala, how is you shift going? (after the CCR must have responded, you then continue)... My name is blah blah blah calling from blah blah blah. I d noticed some deductions on my line on so so so day... Can you help me run a check on my line to know what caused it?
Re: Glo New Data And Billing System by okikiosibodu(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2017
OlufemiAbbey:
I thought the problem is with my phone or some apps zapping my data. I watched 3 videos on YouTube and boy, 1GB is gone! If I browse for let's say 30-40 mins, without videos, once I check my balance, almost a gig is gone! What's wrong with Glo?
In you phone browser, try to change image quality to low and when streaming from youtube, you can set it to 3gp format, and also select the 240p. Image quality won't be too compromised and it has lesser "weight" than mp4. Also try to minimize other apps that connect to the Internet underground. Disable auto update on your Google play and avoid apps with ads. I use Operamini on my Infinix note 3 pro, and it blocks ads for me when I enter apps witg adds pop up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Cool To Use Iphone 6 Now? / TECNO Q1 rooted / Full Unbiased Review Of Elephone P7000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.