Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? (6606 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / How To Use Windows 7 Without Activation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? by Ralvy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
Hey. I was wondering if they're any PS3 owners here who have successfully setup their computers to act as media servers for the ps3 console. I can't get the ps3 to find my laptop and both devices are connected to a WRT160N v2 router with UPnP enabled. Windows Media Player 12 (w7) doesn't work, I'm yet to try Nero's media server feature. Any other recommendations?

-[n3rve]
Re: Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? by shotster50(m): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2010
Is your router wired or wireless?
Re: Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? by Ralvy(m): 10:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
I don't get you. Are you asking if my router is a wired/wireless router or if I'm connected to the router in a wired/wireless setup? Google can confirm that the WRT160N v2 routers have both wired and wireless support, so there's your answer from google. As for my connection, everything is connected wirelessly (Yea, Bad word). If it helps, I use the same network for remote play from my PlayStation Portable and that works flawlessly.

P.S. My PS3 is 100 (No client name).

-[n3rve]
Re: Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? by shotster50(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2010
My bad, I realise now that my question might have been a bit unclear. I have a good wireless connection from my PS3 to my Windows (Vista). Have you tried connecting via the PS3 settings?
Re: Ps3 Media Server - Windows 7 Setup? by shotster50(m): 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
Yea, I have a wireless hub that connects the ps3 to the windows media server.

(1) (Reply)

UK Used Apple Macbook Laptop, Ipad And Iphone4 And 4s / Anonymous Vpn Clients That Unblocks All Website Its Completely Free Of Charge No / Please How Do I Get Usa Ip Address And How Does It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.