Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide (45852 Views)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Solomon Oboh Commits Suicide, Wills Mobile Phone To Girlfriend / Solomon Peters Stabs Patience Zakari To Death In Bauchi Over Phone Call (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by lagosrd: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
TheMainMan:
this is just sad.... may his gentle soul rest in peace

nigeria universities is one of the places that breeds wicked people parading themselves as lecturers

Idiot set of people can you see what the school spokes person said again. All they do I. That state is to frustrate whosoever that does from their tribe out of the system. Shut of a people. Today is their local government election and if you see the mess they are up to.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by abeladepoju(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
This is one case too many!May God have mercy on his children if any.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Godsonkemz(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
It's right time we establish rehabilitation centers for patients with suicidal tendencies. The alarming rate of suicide cases honestly calls for a serious attention. Let's observe that our neighbor who's always withdrawn and dejected or sad and mind how we talk to those with suicidal tendencies. Many of these suicide would've been prevented if it was observed by friends and family members. Nobody is exempted from suicidal thoughts. Don't say it doesn't concern you probably because you are enjoying life because you may be in need of someone's help when it comes to you.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by HotIce90(f): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lol. ITunes gift card Business without physical appearance Is not trust worthy. I have a friend who's interested in selling, but how sure are we that after sending you not gonna pay up? Don't fee bad, this is Nigeria and internet, you can't be too sure.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by HotIce90(f): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
IYANGBALI:
the man must be an arrogant fool
my thoughts also. Too much pride I guess
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by mechanics(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
The man didn't try at all, after working with a state govt and was employed again, what does he want again, not that the school even sacked him o.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by pikintea55(f): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

I used to think suicide is an act of cowardice,

Alas, I now know better!

Suicide is an act of bravery that only a few can dare. It is a good thing he paid the ultimate price to join his wife in the world of the spirits.

I sincerely appreciate this man's choice to leave this world.

He is in a much better place!
Are u alright!
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Mayflowa(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
9japrof:
Depression is such a wrong thing for one to see him or herself in.

As much as this nigga would be scolded and scorned, we can never really tell what he was passing through, and with the loss of his wife who could have been a comforter, dude would have been so devastated. Contract staff is a nonsense job, they only pay peanuts that wouldn't even come monthly at when due, and would treat you with the worse form of disdain

The economy is damn harsh, anybody who loses a job should be watched closely.

University contract job pays same as full-time. You may be limited in holding administrative position anyway. That is because he had retired from Federal govt job before. But this was a state university. The rule shouldn't have applied here. I wish he started bird farming! He seemed an experienced hand in agriculture
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by 9japrof(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

University contract job pays same as full-time. You may be limited in holding administrative position anyway. That is because he had retired from Federal govt job before. But this was a state university. The rule shouldn't have applied here. I wish he started bird farming! He seemed an experienced hand in agriculture

Please be informed and comment next time. I have evidences to prove to you that a lot of contract staffs are suffering even in federal universities and Polytechnics with rubbish pay and these are university graduates.

If the pay was the same, nigga wouldn't have taken his life. His depression must have come with financial commitments that wrecked him because he couldn't cope with and not some tag of contract staff
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by lereinter(m): 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
suicide in the land is getting much
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Mayflowa(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
9japrof:

Please be informed and comment next time. I have evidences to prove to you that a lot of contract staffs are suffering even in federal universities and Polytechnics with rubbish pay and these are university graduates.

If the pay was the same, nigga wouldn't have taken his life. His depression must have come with financial commitments that wrecked him because he couldn't cope with and not some tag of contract staff

Those could be adjunct staff. Did u see he was still a lecturer I grade lecturer. The salary would be same as any other lecturer I or even more as he would not be paying contributory pension.

Contract has terminal date. He has to renew it every year which makes his job security undetermined and contract cannot be promoted to next grade as others. These are enough to be demoralizing.

From his look, I think he retired early to get this job. If he had resigned, there won't be any trouble. But retirement comes with pension benefit and gratuity. Once on pension, an individual can't repension.

More so lecturers' pay aren't fanstatic. Lecturer I is about 150k. I know this because I am a lecturer myself
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by talk2percy(m): 1:53am On Nov 19, 2017
His face...determined to die
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by 9japrof(m): 3:48am On Nov 19, 2017
Mayflowa:

Those could be adjunct staff. Did u see he was still a lecturer I grade lecturer. The salary would be same as any other lecturer I or even more as he would not be paying contributory pension.

Contract has terminal date. He has to renew it every year which makes his job security undetermined and contract cannot be promoted to next grade as others. These are enough to be demoralizing.

From his look, I think he retired early to get this job. If he had resigned, there won't be any trouble. But retirement comes with pension benefit and gratuity. Once on pension, an individual can't repension.

More so lecturers' pay aren't fanstatic. Lecturer I is about 150k. I know this because I am a lecturer myself

Well all the above points make sense, but with your pay accessment I can only guess maybe you work with the state. 150k for lecturer 1. Federal staffs earn more abeg.

I guess this depression this man succumbed to has to do with financial ish, someone who retired, maybe has been paid gratuity and pension which likely he has blown and not invest in cash yeilding ventures would be terrible when relieved of his permanent job. Remember most state owned staffs are poorly paid compared to their federal counterparts. Well the best we can do from here is just guess.

To me someone who's has seen shit and rose to the rank of a Dr and commits suicide cos of this, that's being chicken hearted, but depression na bad thing sha, it can make a strong person act like a weàkling
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by walosky(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2017
Afonjas n Suicide are like.....

Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Damjoy(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

KWASU?

It's that the name of a University or a funkified, shortened form of the devil's name 'Ekwensu'.

How would you know, since you never attended one yourself
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Mayflowa(m): 7:48am On Nov 19, 2017
9japrof:

Well all the above points make sense, but with your pay accessment I can only guess maybe you work with the state. 150k for lecturer 1. Federal staffs earn more abeg.

I guess this depression this man succumbed to has to do with financial ish, someone who retired, maybe has been paid gratuity and pension which likely he has blown and not invest in cash yeilding ventures would be terrible when relieved of his permanent job. Remember most state owned staffs are poorly paid compared to their federal counterparts. Well the best we can do from here is just guess.

To me someone who's has seen shit and rose to the rank of a Dr and commits suicide cos of this, that's being chicken hearted, but depression na bad thing sha, it can make a strong person act like a weàkling

Just to be clear. I am with first generation fed university.
Re: Dr. Solomon Osunlola Commits Suicide by Carter4luv(m): 7:48am On Nov 19, 2017
Go home to the devil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Caught On CCTV Camera During An Operation - Video / Ugandan Man Storms Police Station With Rats That Ate His Money In A Box. Photo / Ondo Kidnapped Cocoa Trader 'Kills' His Abductors After They Fell Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.