Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. (582 Views)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2023 / Rhema For Living Devotional (Back Online) / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
Friday, November 17th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 1..

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed". (Isaiah 53:5).

It is an understatement to say that people are faced with one form of health challenge or the other. There are medical personnel in various health centers that are making frantic efforts to provide cures for different kinds of diseases afflicting man. However, there are certain diseases that have defied medical cures and their are hurts that laboratory test cannot see. Sickness is actually a spiritual condition that manifest itself as disease in our bodies. The best cure is therefore spiritual and this will form the basis of our discussion in the next few days.

It is not the will of God that anyone should be sick. Hence the Scripture says, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth". (3rd John 2). Sickness was never part of God's creation. It came as a result of the fall of man. God in his infinite mercies has however provided divine healing for us in Christ Jesus.

Before we begin to examine the different ways you can receive your healing and retain it, let us look the healing covenants God had with the Jews under the first covenant. It should be noted that before the Law of Moses was given, the Jews enjoyed divine health. At that time, they were under Abrahamic covenant. The psalmist testified that when they left Egypt, "...there was not one feeble [or sick] person among their tribes". (Psalms 105:37).

In addition, God entered a covenant of divine healing with them which reads, "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee". (Exodus 15:26).

It is therefore God's will to heal you if you are sick. Above all, he wants you to enjoy divine health 247. Healing can be received in different ways which will be discussed as well progress with this study.

Prayer and Confession of Faith. Dear heavenly father, I am grateful for making provision for my well being in Christ Jesus. I therefore declare that divine health is mine in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The uncommon favour that followed Joseph wherever he went is at work in your life in the name of Jesus. The God who protected David from the hands of King Saul will deliver you from the hands of wicked and unreasonable men and women in the name of Jesus. If you obey and serve him, you will spend your days in prosperity, and your years in pleasures in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 38-41; Romans 14-16.

Saturday, November 18th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 2.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed". (Isaiah 53:5).

Yesterday, we established the fact healing is a spiritual condition that manifest itself as a disease in our flesh. The best cure is therefore spiritual. In addition, we said it is the will of God to heal you. The Jews enjoyed divine health when they were under Abrahamic covenant. God's willingness to ensure they stay in health was indicated by the first healing covenant God entered with the Jews.

After the Law of Moses was given, the Jews came under affliction as they couldn't keep the law. This prompted God to enter into a second covenant of healing which reads, "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee". (Exodus 23:25). This covenant differs from the first covenant. The first says, I will not permit any disease to come near you. The second says, I will take it away from you. So, God can keep you in health and he can also heal you if you fall sick.

The earthly ministry of our Lord Jesus was characterized by uncommon healings and miracles that is unmatched in history. This also points to the fact that God wants you well. The Scripture says, "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people". (Matthew 4:23). Notice the phrase, 'all manner'. This means that no case is hopeless. There is no impossibility with God and your case will not be an exception. Our Lord Jesus is still in the business of healing. "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever". (Hebrews 13:cool.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Merciful and gracious God, I thank you for the work of redemption you wrought through Jesus that includes healing. I therefore declare that I am healed of every infirmity in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: It is well with all that concerns you in the name of Jesus. The son of wickedness shall not afflict you in the name of Jesus. You are delivered from every former of affliction in the name of Jesus. The Lord is your keeper and he will not sleep nor slumber in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Acts 10:38; Matthew 11:4-5.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 43-45; 1st Corinthians 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
To receive Daily Rhema, join our Rhema For Living Facebook group by clicking the link below;

https://free./634736213366465?refid=27#groupMenuBottom
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2017
Sunday, November 19th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 3.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek". (Romans 1:16).

The gospel of our Lord Jesus is the power of God to save, heal and deliver anyone who believes. Our Lord Jesus already took your sickness away over 2,000 years ago on the cross of Calvary. However, you have to appropriate it by faith. Virtually all the people that received miracles of healing in the Bible days did so by faith.

On an occasion in the Bible, two blind men followed Jesus, crying, "Thou Son of David, have mercy on us. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it". (Matthew 9:27-30).

As successful as the healing ministry of Jesus was, not everyone received their healing. It was only those who believed in him that got healed. For instance, Jesus couldn't do mighty works in his own town because of unbelief. "And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching". (Mark 6:6).

If you want to receive your healing from God, you must have faith in his word. The word of God is truth and you can stake your life on it. His word says you are healed by the stripes of Jesus. Faith responds, I believe it and that settles it. It doesn't matter whether you still feel the symptoms of the sickness. If you stand your ground on God's word, the symptoms will eventually disappear.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Holy Father, I bless you for your awesome power. I have faith in your word even concerning my health. Your word says I am healed. I believe it and that settles it in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God will cause people to favour you in every area of your life in the name of Jesus. The Lord will be your sun and shield in the name of Jesus. You will possess your possessions in the name of Jesus. God will bring you into financial rest in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 5:34; Hebrews 4:1-2.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 46-48; 1st Corinthians 4-6.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2017
Monday, November 20th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 4.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth". (Mark 9:23).

Yesterday, we talked about the role faith plays in the miracles you desire in your life. We will throw more light on it today. There are so many people who believe their healing is dependent largely on the anointing upon a servant of God. So, the moment they hear that so and so man of God is in town, they rush down to the crusade ground with great expectations. And when nothing happens, they use it as a basis to rate how powerful the man of God is.

On a certain occasion, the disciples of Jesus encountered difficulty in administering healing to a man with a dumb spirit. When Jesus showed up, he rebuked them all for their unbelief. "And [Jesus] asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he [responded].., Of a child.". (Mark 9:21). In addition, he said, "And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but IF THOU CANST DO ANY THING, have compassion on us, and help us". (Mark 2:22). Notice the bolded; he placed the responsibility on Jesus. He thought it has to do with the ability of Jesus.

However, Jesus responded, "...If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth". (Mark 9:23). In other words, it is not about what I can do, it's about what you can believe. The father cried out in tears, "...Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief". (Mark 9:24). Jesus ministered to him and he was completed delivered.

So, whatever you want from God including your healing, it has much to do with your faith. If you are born again, God has already deposited the measure of faith you require to live by. It is however your responsibility to grow your faith. And the Scripture says, "...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.". (Romans 10:17).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Lord, I thank you for given me the measure of faith I require to live a victorious Christian life. I refuse to see impossibility in any situation I am faced with. I believe I am healed with the stripes of Jesus from every disease and infirmity in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Every power that contends with you shall be disgraced in the name of Jesus. Witchcraft manipulation attacking your destiny shall not prosper in the name of Jesus. There is no power that can stop God's divine purpose for your life in the name of Jesus. Every evil the enemy intends against you shall be turned into your advantage in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 17:20; Luke 18:18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 49-51; 1st Corinthians 7-9.

Tuesday, November 21st.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 5.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils". (1st Timothy 4:1).

We are still on the subject of faith in relationship with receiving miracles from God. It is important at this point to define what the object of our faith is. In other words, what do we hinge our faith upon? We are living in the days where all manners of healing substances are being sold for the purpose of healing. Ironically, they are receiving much patronage from gullible souls.

There are those who put their faith in bottles of oil popularly known as anointing oil. Others make use of water specially packaged in bottles. Even the blood of Jesus is now packaged in bottles. In addition, we have those who put their faith in handkerchiefs also known as mantles. The list is endless. Are these healing medium supported by the scriptures? What are the implications of hinging our faith on these healing media? And what are we supposed to hinge our faith upon? Are these recent practices not among the doctrines of devils Apostle Paul predicted will happen in the last days.

First, let's begin to analyze the use of the so called anointing oil which is the oldest and commonly used medium of healing. The anointing oil according to the Bible is actually a composition of olive oil and four other spices mixed in recommended proportions - Exodus 30:23-25. So, what we have in the market today is just an olive oil which has been wrongly referred to as the anointing oil.

Even at then, the anointing oil in the Bible days was for specific purposes and its use was limited. God even warned that no one should reproduce it after the composition; "Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you. Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people". (Exodus 30:32-33). Besides, it was never use for healing purpose.

Why then do so many use olive oil wrongly referred to as anointing oil to administer healing? Are there references in the New Testament that supports such practice? Did our Lord Jesus ever administered healing using anointing oil or any other medium? We will answer these and other related questions tomorrow.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear heavenly father, I thank you for your word given to us to direct our paths. I ask you guide me through your word even on healing and miracles issues so as not to fall victim of practices that is not consistent with your word in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are delivered from every form of near success syndrome in the name of Jesus. Whatever you lay your hands upon will turn into success in the name of Jesus. God's good counsel concerning you shall stand in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 2:5; Galatians 2:20.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 52-54; 1st Corinthians 10-13.

Wednesday, November 22nd.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 6..

"And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them". (Mark 6:13).

Today, we will critically examine the use of oil in administering healing to sick folks. The first place oil was used to administer healing is contained in the opening text. The disciples of Jesus anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them. It didn't say they used anointing oil. They could also have used anointing oil as they were still under the Law of Moses at that time. This verse however standing alone cannot be used to convert it to a practice or make it a doctrine.

One thing is certain, at that time, the disciples were not yet acquainted with the faith lifestyle. They were still men of the senses. On record, there was no single occasion our Lord Jesus used oil to administer healing to the sick. And he already gave us instruction on how healing should be administered. He said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; THEY SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK, and they shall recover". (Mark 16:17-18). Notice he said, we shall lay hands on the sick. It didn't say, we shall pour oil on the sick.

The second place the use of oil was mentioned in the New Testament is in the book of James. It reads, "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him". (James 5:14-15). Hear, James never mentioned anointing oil. Even if it is implied, it does not exist in our days as proven by our previous study. Moses was the only authorized producer of anointing oil and what we have today is simply olive oil and not anointing oil.

The bottom line is that God can heal you without the use of the so called anointing oil or any other medium. The manner and ways the olive oil is used today is actually enslaving many of God's children and even some ministers of the gospel. This is because they can hardly do without it. It has invariably taken the place of God in their lives.

Let your faith be in the word of God and in the name of Jesus. God honours his word and every sickness is ordained to bow to the name of Jesus. Remember, the Scripture says that the just shall live by faith; faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave himself for us.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly father, I thank you for every opportunity to exercise my faith in your word and in the name of Jesus. I refuse to subject myself to any form of bondage through the use of any of the so called healing medium. I am fully persuaded that you will honour your word and your name as I use them to lay claim on my healing in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The best things of life will locate you in the name of Jesus. You will not beg for food or clothing in the name of Jesus. The angels of God will watch over you night and day and they will ensure you will not stumble in the name of Jesus. The Lord will grant your heart's desire in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Galatians 2:20; Romans 1:17.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 55-57; 1st Corinthians 14-16.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
Thursday, November 23rd.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 7.

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him". (Hebrews 10:38).

We took a critical look at the use of anointing oil in administering healing yesterday. It has subtily put so many professing believers and even ministers in bondage. They can hardly pray without it. In addition, we said there is no such substance as anointing oil in our dispensation. It is simply an olive oil. God can heal you with or without the use of the oil. Let your faith be in the word of God and in the name of Jesus and they will never fail you.

Today, we will look at another healing medium popularly referred to as the anointed water. Unlike the oil which has at least two references where it was used to administer healing, there is no single reference where water in the Bible was either referred to as anointed water or used in a packaged form to administer healing.

So, its use is totally unscriptural and should therefore be discouraged. Besides, it is being sold in virtually all the churches where it is used thus making gullible souls to pay for miracles they are supposed to get for free. Our Lord Jesus told his disciples, "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give". (Matthew 10:cool.

The fact that some people who use it give testimonies of its efficacy doesn't justify its use. Even native doctors and juju priests get some measure of result. Does it mean they are God's ministers? The fact is miracles gotten through questionable means do not last. Besides, it is unsafe to put your faith in a bottle of water as the water will not always be there. In addition, it can fail you at the point of your greatest need but God's word never fails.

Put your faith in God and God alone. Hinge your faith on what he has said in his word for he watches over his word to bring it to pass. Your case will not be an exception.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear father, I put my trust in your word only. I refuse to fall prey of doctrines and practices that are not consistent with your word. I pray for your continued guidance in all life related issues in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will not be a victim of false teachings and practices in the name of Jesus. God will increase you on every side in the name of Jesus. Your harvest will overtake your needs in the name of Jesus. Anyone who bless you shall be blessed and those who curse you shall be cursed in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 11:22; Acts 20:21.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 58-60; 2nd Corinthians 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Friday, November 24th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 8.

"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them". (Acts 19:11-12).

We have been examining the use of different healing media in the light of the New Testament revelation. So far, we have discussed the use of oil popular referred to as the anointing oil and the anointed water. Today, we will look at the use of handkerchiefs also known as the mantle.

Though the word mantle is usually used interchangeably with the word handkerchief, they are not the same in nature. A mantle is an open robe or garment wore by prophets of old and othordox Bishops. On the other, a handkerchief is a piece of cloth usually square in shape and small in size used to wipe the face or nose.

The opening text narrates the only occasion it is used in the Bible for healing purpose. Apostle Paul did not however make a practice or doctrine out of it like it is being done in most ministries today. It is not absolutely wrong if you are led to transmit or administer the healing power of God through a handkerchief but it should not be a routine practice.

Besides, greedy minister use it to generate money through its sale at unreasonable prices to gullible souls. All these happens because of ignorance. Hence the Scripture says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...". (Hosea 4:6).

If you are born again, healing is your birth right. Don't beg for it and don't pay for it. All you need to do is to exercise your faith in his word and his name. You don't need any healing medium to receive your healing. There is also no such thing as a special bangle for healing purpose. Tomorrow, we will critically analyze a few instances where Jesus administered healing through unusual media and judge if it justifies the use of healing medium as it is the practice in most of our Churches today.

Confession of Faith: I resist every form of oppression in the name of Jesus. Sickness cannot stay in my body because it was taken away by Jesus on the cross of Calvary over 2,000 years ago. I command every pains and infirmities to leave my body in the mighty name of Jesus. I therefore declare that I am healed by the stripes of Jesus in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Sin shall not have dominion over you in the name of Jesus. You are delivered from every temptation that is designed to rubbish your Christian testimony in the name of Jesus. As you diligently follow the kingdom principles that governs finance, God will pour out divine ideas upon you that will translate into wealth in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 10:52; Hebrews 6:12.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 61-63; 2nd Corinthians 4-6.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Saturday, November 25th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 9.

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought". (Mark 8:23).

It is imperative at this point to examine instances our Lord Jesus healed in unusual manners that appears to support healing through media. On an occasion, he came to Bethsaida and they brought a blind man to him just for a touch they believed would heal him.

Amazingly, Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. The crowd followed wondering what he was going to do next. He spat on the eyes of the blind man and touched him. This is very unusual. Then he asked him if he saw anything. He looked up and responded, "...I see men as trees, walking". (Mark 8:24).

"After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly". (Mark 8:25). What can we deduce from this? His sputum ironically was the healing medium. But Jesus did not make a doctrine out of this. Otherwise, every other blind cases would have been healed in the same manner.

There are other instances blind men where healed in totally different ways. So, it is wrong to use an instance like this to justify the use of healing media like the anointed water and anointing oil to administer healing. We should not be surprise if one of these false teachers and prophets come up with an healing medium tagged 'anointed sputum' specially for the blind. If the blood of Jesus can also be packaged for sale, there is nothing these ministers will not do.

Don't follow blindly. You have the Bible at your disposal to judge every doctrine and practice in the Church. Remember, we are living in the last days and we will see more strange or weird things. Don't use the crowd a man of God is drawing to judge his credibility. Use the word of God. It is your sure guide in all life related issues. Tomorrow, we will look at a few more instances Jesus healed in unusual manner.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear heavenly father, I thank you for the opportunity given to me to know the truth for myself. I ask you grant me spiritual understanding of your word so that I will not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are a shining light and your light will not grow dim in the name of Jesus. As you offer unto God the sacrifices of righteousness, God will anoint you with the oil of gladness above your colleagues in the name of Jesus. In just the way Mordecai was remembered by King Ahasuerus for leaking a coup plot against him, the Lord will remember your good works and lift you up to enviable heights in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 10:51-52; John 9:1-7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 64-66; 2nd Corinthians 7-9.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 1:56am On Nov 26, 2017
Sunday, November 26th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 10.

"When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing". (John 9:6-7).

The opening text is another incident in the Bible our Lord Jesus healed in an unusual manner. This case is also that of a blind man similar to the one discussed yesterday. But this time, instead of spitting on the face of the blind man, he spat on the ground and made a clay with his spittle. And he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay and asked him to go and wash in a pool known as Siloam. The blind man did so and came back seeing.

We should note that even though the healing procedure here is unusual, it was quite different from the manner and ways he healed the blind man who he spat on his face. It will be absurd to also make this a doctrine and a practical way to heal blind men. Our Lord Jesus was led to administer the healing the way he did by the Holy Spirit.

Bible scholars said that the clay he made from the spittle was necessitated by the fact that the blind man had no eye balls. It was an empty eye socket. So, Jesus did what he did to create an eye ball and gave life to it. It is indeed an amazing miracle.

This incidence however does not justify the use of healing medium. Our Lord Jesus never made a doctrine out of this incidence and the one we discussed yesterday. In addition, he didn't charge for it. But today, the use of healing medium has been made a doctrine and ministries involved in it take undue advantage of these souls by making merchandise of them.

If you are sick and you want to receive your healing, lay claim on it by faith. Rebuke the sickness in the name of Jesus and it will obey you. You don't need any special healing medium. What you need is faith. It doesn't have to be a giant faith. Even faith as small as the grain of a mustered seed can produce great miracles.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: My father in heaven, I thank you so much for your mercy and grace. I also appreciate you for your word that illuminates my mind and directs my path. On the premise of the knowledge I have thus received on the issue of healing, I refuse to put my faith in any form of healing medium. My faith is in your word and I know its truth endures to all generations. I therefore declare that I am healed from every affliction in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The health challenge you are faced with right now is for the glory of God. You are healed by the stripes of Jesus. You will live and not die in the name of Jesus. Every power of darkness arrayed against your destiny is destroyed in the name of Jesus. God will embarrass you with unlimited blessings in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 17:20; Luke 8:50.
Daily Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 1-3; 2nd Corinthians 10-13.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Monday, November 27th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 11.

"He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions". (Psalms 107:20).

God's word carries healing power. It is therefore not uncommon to see people miraculously healed while listening to God's word even before they are ministered to. In addition, healing also takes place when the servant of God speaks words over specific ailment.

On an occasion in the Bible, a military officer of the Roman army came to Jesus asking for help, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible anguish.” (Matthew 8:6, NET). Our Lord Jesus responded, "...I will come and heal him."(Matthew 8:7). The officer replied, "...Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but SPEAK THE WORD ONLY, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it." (Matthew 8:8-9).

Jesus marveled at the level of faith of the officer and said amongst others things, "...Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour". (Matthew 8:13).

There are quite a few people who want to receive healing but they are not ready to pay attention to God's word. They just believe the man of God can perform magic. As such, they go very late to healing meetings and church services. God's word from the mouth of a servant of God is what you need. You also need to be taught the principles of how faith works.

Besides, listening to God's word with rapt attention produces the faith you need to receive your healing. Hence Jesus usually spent time to preach and teach before he ministered to the sick. Make effort therefore to put yourself under the atmosphere of God's word by regular Church attendance and listening to messages in any format. As you do, every symptom of disease will instantly or gradually disappear from your body.

Prayer and Confession of faith. Dear heavenly father, I thank you for the efficacy of your word. As I pay undivided attention to it, I declare that every gem of disease in my body is destroyed in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen..

Prophecies: You will not suffer from any terminal disease in the name of Jesus. The Lord will cause the light of his countenance to shine upon your face in the name of Jesus. Your needs will be met even in drought in the name of Jesus. God will cause men to remember you and favour your righteous cause in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 1:27; Acts 14:8-10.
Daily Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 4-6; Galatians 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2017
Tuesday, November 28th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 12.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine he. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh". (Proverbs 4:20-22).

Yesterday, we talked about the healing power of the spoken word of God. Today, we will discuss another way God's word work in our bodies to keep us healthy and act as a healing therapy. The opening text contains three ways God's word work in us to either heal us or keep us in good health.

The first part of the passage says, 'My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings'. The first way we give attention to God's word is by listening to it with rapt attention. We have already discussed this yesterday. In addition, it says, 'Let them not depart from thine eyes'. This is the second way God's word work in us as medicine. Put in another way, it says, always try to see yourself the way God sees you. If God's word says you are healed, then see yourself that way. Develop a good mental picture based on the word of God. This is also known as the mirror principle; What you behold is what you become.

Hence Apostle Paul wrote, "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal". (2nd Corinthians 3:18; 4:18).

Fix your gaze on what God has said concerning your health. If you are on a sick bed, see yourself playing around and doing the things you use to do. Don't accept even the report of the Doctor. The counsel of God concerning you shall stand and divine health is one of such counsel. Tomorrow, we will look at the third way God's word work in our lives with regard to the health issue as contained in the opening text.

Prayer and Confession of faith. My father in heaven, I thank you so much for opening the eyes of my understanding to know the healing power that is in your word. As I keep looking at your word with the eyes of my spirit, I declare I am transformed into the healthy person you have made me to be in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The word of God is working in you such that you are being transformed into the very image of Christ who is the glory of God. The Holy Spirit will lead you to the right people who will lift you up to your next level in the name of Jesus. You will walk and not faint in the name of Jesus. You will run and not be weary in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Hebrews 12:2; James 1:23-25.
Daily Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 7-9; Galatians 4-6.

Wednesday, November 29th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 13.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; KEEP THEM IN THE MIDST OF THINE HEART. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh". (Proverbs 4:20-22).

The opening text contains three ways healing can be received and preserved through God's word. We have already discussed two of such ways yesterday. The are; listening to God's word and seeing yourself the way God sees you. Today, we will look at the third way as highlighted in the opening text. It says, 'keep them in the midst of thine heart'.

The way to keep God's word in the midst of your heart is through meditation. Usually, the word of God you receive is first stored in your mind. Your mind is the intellectual centre of your soul. It is your reasoning faculty. But the information stored in your mind is volatile. That means, you are not likely to remember them after a while unless you keep refreshing yourself with the information. Your mind is like the Random Access Memory (RAM) of a computer. If you don't save your data, the information stored in RAM will be lost.

When you meditate on God's word, the information stored in your mind will be saved in your spirit or your heart. It is at this point that the word of God begins to work like medicine in your body. You will discover after awhile that you feel much better and every trace of infirmities will disappear over time.

Spend time to meditate on God's word. Brood over it again and again until it begins to beg for expression. I have seen people miraculous healed just by giving undivided attention to the word of God. God's word indeed has a life giving power. "For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh". (Proverbs 4:22).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I thank you for the life giving power in your word. As I meditate on it night and day, let your healing virtue flow through my veins and every part of my body in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: No weapon devised against you shall prosper in the name of Jesus. And every tongue of accusation that rise against you in judgment shall be condemned in the name of Jesus. You will not die by brief or protracted illness in the name of Jesus. Every thing you lay your hands upon will turn into success in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Proverbs 14:30; Joshua 1:8.
Daily Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 10-12; Ephesians 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - How To Receive And Retain Your Healing. by Ken4Christ: 1:12am On Nov 30, 2017
Thursday, November 30th.
How to Receive and Retain Your Healing - 14.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."(James 2:26).

Most of the times people received healing during the earthly ministry of our Lord Jesus, the statement, 'your faith has made you whole' was usually Jesus remark. They backed up their faith with corresponding action before their miracles manifested. We will take a look at one of such instances to buttress my point.

There is the case of a woman who bled for twelve years until she heard about Jesus. She said within herself, if she could only touch the helm of Jesus garment, she will be made whole. But when the opportunity came, she had to overcome two hindrances; the first was the crowd. It was enough to discourage her. The second was the fear of being judged by the law of Moses. Any woman who bleeds is considered unclean and whoever touches her also becomes unclean. So, they are meant to be in isolation until the bleeding or menstruation stops - Leviticus 15:19-25.

Well, she made her way through the crowd and touched the garment of Jesus. This is faith in action. Instantly, she was made whole. Then, Jesus knowing that power had gone out of him asked, who touched me - Mark 5:30. The disciples were surprised at the question because there were people all around him and the number of contacts will obviously be many. But Jesus was referring to a touch of faith that tapped into the healing anointing in him.

"And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague."(Mark 5:32-34).

This is how faith works. It is not enough to believe you can be healed, back it up with action even if you have to break protocols. Set the timing of your miracle by programming yourself to take a definite action as the opportunity comes. The Woman who bled for twelve years said what she would do, she did it against all odds and she got her miracle. You too can lay hold on your miracle today. Your faith will make you whole.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for the opportunity to demonstrate my faith in your word. I declare today that I am healed and I receive strength to do what I couldn't do before in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Help is coming your way in the name of Jesus. The Lord who fed the Jews for forty years in the wilderness will meet you at the point of your needs in the name of Jesus. God will take away every reproach from you and crown you with glory and honour in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 9:29; Mark 10:52.
Daily Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 13-15; Ephesians 4-6.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways Atheism Is Self Defeating / Why Do Most Muslims Give Birth Recklessly? / 2018 - We Made It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.