Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today (1076 Views)

Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / The Moment A Writer Breached The Vp's Security And Protocol To Hand His Book / "Sign The Electoral Bill Now" - Saraki Advises President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by Upritman(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Gov.Willie Obiano of Anambra State today breached the Electoral Act in his desperate bid to get reelected.

After casting his vote around 10: a.m, the incumbent Governor addressed a crowd of his Supporters at his polling unit at Eri Primary School, Unit 004, Otuocha 1, Aguleri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

This act by the Governor has been condemned by activists who regard it as a total disregard of the Electoral Act.

According to section 99 (1 and 2) of the Electoral Act:
“For the purpose of this Act, the period of campaigning in public by every political party shall commence 90 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that day. This refers to a registered political party or any person acting on its behalf during the 24 hours before polling day,”.

The action by Gov.Obiano is seen by many as a form of campaigning.

Condemning Gov.Obiano for falling prey to the temptation, Mrs. Abiola Akiyode of the Transition Monitoring Group said;
“The most worrisome aspect (of this election) is that the governor came with a microphone to address the people. I think it is a sort of campaign. Since I have been observing, I have never seen any governor go to that extent to talk to people on election day. I think he should have avoided the temptation even if people are pushing him to do something”.
“What he spoke about is a sort of campaign. Saying that at the end of the day he would have cause to be happy. I think these are not things one should expect on election day.” she explained.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/11/how-govwillie-obiano-breached-electoral.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by GavelSlam: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
It could be used against him if video evidence can be presented.
Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by globemoney: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
Jokers? Is he not still a governor? And he was addressing the press

1 Like

Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by hisgrace090: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
globemoney:
Jokers? Is he not still a governor? And he was addressing the press

So you are supporting a law maker that breaks law, because he is in power?

1 Like

Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by ClitoPen: 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
I don't see any crowd but pressmen. Besides there is no party logo or any campaign items in sight. So how can they conclude he was campaigning?

Somebody cannot talk to crowd again in peace because he is a Candidate
Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by okosodo: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
As far as buhari is above the law, his worshippers will find something to say .
Re: How Gov.willie Obiano Breached The Electoral Act Today by ClitoPen: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2017

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Atiku Arrives PDP Convention / PHOTOS: Aisha Buhari Visits Emir Of Bauchi / Buhari's Second Term Is Guaranteed win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.