Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg (1113 Views)

One Year Old Rot For Sale / Anabel, My 3-Month-Old Caucasian Dog's Energy Level Is Weak. Please Help (Pics) / Cats Pass Out After Eating Their Owner's Marijuana Plants In US (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by DrElixir(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
My 8 Month old Rot find its way to my kitchen and ate a crate of egg while I was having my bath.

I notice since the incidence on Wednesday,he dosent eat and looking weak.He has been stooling a kinda off whitish-yellowish loose stool

I tried enticing him with his favourite meal,he would only smell it and walk away.

Kindly advise on what I should do.

I have been finding it difficult uoading pix,but will do it as soon as I am successful.
Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by rumenase(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
it would be best if yu take it to a vet but I think raw eggs contains salmonella and some bacteria. but OP wait o yur dog na thief sha e eat full crate of egg plus shell? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by DrElixir(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
rumenase:
it would be best if yu take it to a vet but I think raw eggs contains salmonella and some bacteria. but OP wait o yur dog na thief sha e eat full crate of egg plus shell? shocked

I work in a rural area somewhere in the North west, the only vet clinic I know is about 16HRS drive.

I will only be chance to travel to town to see the vet by next week Wed.

In the interim,i want to be able to make him eat.

Thank for your advice
Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by PheezyLee(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
Pictures or .. .
Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by DoublekayKennel(m): 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
If u wont mind,contact me on 08028020406,i can do a waybill of some antibiotics to u,if u administer it ,ur rot will be fine.Salmonella can cause dat due to high consumption of raw egg meanwhile try to force palm oil into his mouth three times a day
Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by rumenase(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2017
DrElixir:

I work in a rural area somewhere in the North west, the only vet clinic I know is about 16HRS drive.

I will only be chance to travel to town to see the vet by next week Wed.

In the interim,i want to be able to make him eat.

Thank for your advice

OK. lemme call some people if they can help
cc bobbysaxy greene66 prodeegee seun canineinvestor

and like my chairman said yu can give palm oil or even palm kernel oil
Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by CanineInvestor(m): 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2017
For the sake of dog loving
You MUST have an idea/experience in INJECTING or get a NURSE to help
Locate a nearby pharmacy (not necessarily a vet shop)
Ask for (GENTAMICIN 2ML) 5 doses
Administer 2ml/day
Good luck with your dog. Hope we don't lose her.

1 Like

Re: Help-my 8 Month Old Rot Is Weak And Not Eating After Eating A Crate Of Egg by talk2dboss: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
Now if raw eggs do contain samolena, is it safe to give dogs raw egg ?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Box-head Rottweiler A Purebred Dog Or A Faulty Crossbreed? / Male French Mastiff Puppy For Sale At Affordable Price / Still On The Xmas Bonanza Things. Altisian Mixed With Bull Mastiff For 16k Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.