Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe (5752 Views)

How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? / How To Make Spaghetti (Delicious Jollof Spaghetti) / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe by carlosSeyi(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
Here is How to prepare a delicious spaghetti/macaroni recipe, A very popular Nigerian food. If you really want to enjoy spaghetti, give this a shot today. I have tried several other recipes and this proves to be the best of them all.

Partly because of the use of carrots and green beans, ingredients that I consider to be highly nutritional. For some reasons, I tend to blend most of my foods these days with fruits and vegetables since I realized their health benefits.

I also like to use lots of onions while making this spaghetti recipe, same thing goes for Nigerian tomato stew and other tomato-made foods.

While I tend to focus more on Nigerian indigenous cuisines, I will also occasionally introduce you to other borrowed or recently invented Nigerian food recipes. The likes of spaghetti/macaroni and indomies (children’s most popular food) only came into the picture just some few years back.

Here is a deliciously made spaghetti meal.

Spaghetti is another Nigerian popular meal and here is a delicious recipe, I was never a good fan of pastas until I tasted this spaghetti recipe.

Below is the required ingredient, this could be reduced or doubled depending on the number of people you are looking to serve. You can refrigerate the remainder for a day or two.

Ingredients for 5 serving.
Spaghetti (1 sachet)
1 small tin tomatoes.
2 cups of sliced onions
Fresh tomatoes (see image below)
Fresh pepper (as much as you can take)
Ground Crayfish (3 spoons)
3 cube of knorr or maggi
Salt to taste
1 cup of sliced carrot.
Sliced green beans (1 cup)
1kg Meat/fish or either (chicken, turkey, beef.. etc)
Green pepper (optional).
Ground nut or vegetable oil about 150ml
Corned beef (optional)

HOW TO PREPARE MY FAVORITE SPAGHETTI RECIPE

Cut/chop the carrot, green beans and green pepper to desirable sizes.

Below is the image of parboiled spaghetti in a bowl, carrot and green beans in a plate, sliced tomato, onions and pepper. I used a combination of fish and cow-kidney while making this spaghetti meal.

Parboil the meat and fish with all the necessary ingredients I like to use just 2 cubes of maggi, salt, onions and maybe a little of ground nutmeg. Parboiling the meat alone is a good practice, you get the chance to extract the stock from the meat which is an integral part of Nigerian cooking.

I like to parboil the meat/fish while making any Nigerian food with a cup of water and all the necessary ingredients, this practice will enable you to end up with a very tasty meat and also provide the meat stock (meat water) that is used in making most Nigerian foods. You can learn more about this practice later.

Blend the crayfish and also slice the tomatoes/pepper together,

Break spaghetti to smaller lengths (serviceable lengths) and parboil for 5 to 8 minutes, wash and set aside. Pick out the Meat/fish when it is soft for consumption, you can choose to fry or not, fry with about 250ml of groundnut oil (you can reduce the oil after frying).
ReadRead more on
http://wobicast.com/prepare-spaghetti-recipe/

Re: How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nicely done.Its almost like you are making a Jamaican sauce.
Re: How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe by carlosSeyi(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
tjskii
Re: How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe by carlosSeyi(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Nicely done.Its almost like you are making a Jamaican sauce.

Lol yeah yeah
Re: How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hmmmm! Hope e go sweet like this

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Came To My House And Did This (graphic Pics) / Need Frozen Food Supplier. / What Are You Going To Eat On 25th December ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.