Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges (742 Views)

Lagos Airport Empty Amidst High Cost Of Flight Tickets (Photos, Video) / 5 Adamawa Friends Burnt To Death In Motor Accident Buried Amidst Tears (Photos) / Entire Family Of 5 Who Died In Accident Buried Amidst Tears In Anambra(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by caprini1: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
This is not putting any country down,but just my observation. I just came back to Lagos ,after a 7 days working visit to Ghana,Tema ports precisely. My kind of work takes me to many West African countries.

This time I said I was going to do direct conversion of my spendings to naira..,and believe you me ,even with the numerous problems in naija,almost everything is still very cheap compared to Ghana.The most crazy part was fruits,I love fruits,I bought two balls of the tiny local tangerine,for 1cedi.1 cedi will by you 10 balls in Lagos.I don't want to go to food,a very good normal 500 naira meal is about 20cedis,that is about 1600.

A distance of mile 2 to Volkswagen in Lagos ,which is 100 naira,is 2 cedis 30 pesewas which is about 200 naira.By taxi it's 15 cedis which is about 1300 naira.Once a taxi driver notices you are new ,the fares are multiplied.

For the 7 days there were electricity blackouts ,3 hrs per day for 3 days,and my hotel doesn't have a standby generator, and the staffs don't give a hoot,if you are sweating or your phone's are not charged. All they will tell you,is the light will soon come back.At least in naija I know ,light will go off,so back ups are available.

Then finally,I noticed, most people I came across at the port,don't really like Nigerians,but are interested in the money we came with,so sad. One of the hotel workers where I camped ,was so angry that naija qualified for the world cup and they didn't, that he acts it out.

Anyway ,honestly there is no place like Naija ,our diversity is our strenght.And hey,it's still easy to survive here than out there,my own opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by lonlytroy(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
What is this one saying.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by Neozy(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
caprini1:
This is not putting any country down,but just my observation. I just came back to Lagos ,after a 7 days working visit to Ghana,Tema ports precisely. My kind of work takes me to many West African countries.

This time I said I was going to do direct conversion of my spendings to naira..,and believe you me ,even with the numerous problems in naija,almost everything is still very cheap compared to Ghana.The most crazy part was fruits,I love fruits,I bought two balls of the tiny local tangerine,for 1cedi.1 cedi will by you 10 balls in Lagos.I don't want to go to food,a very good normal 500 naira meal is about 20cedis,that is about 1600.

A distance of mile 2 to Volkswagen in Lagos ,which is 100 naira,is 2 cedis 30 pesewas which is about 200 naira.By taxi it's 15 cedis which is about 1300 naira.Once a taxi driver notices you are new ,the fares are multiplied.

For the 7 days there were electricity blackouts ,3 hrs per day for 3 days,and my hotel doesn't have a standby generator, and the staffs don't give a hoot,if you are sweating or your phone's are not charged. All they will tell you,is the light will soon come back.At least in naija I know ,light will go off,so back ups are available.

Then finally,I noticed, most people I came across at the port,don't really like Nigerians,but are interested in the money we came with,so sad. One of the hotel workers where I camped ,was so angry that naija qualified for the world cup and they didn't, that he acts it out.

Anyway ,honestly there is no place like Naija ,our diversity is our strenght.And hey,it's still easy to survive here than out there,my own opinion though.

Naija for life jare. Nigeria still remains the best country in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
caprini1:

Bless Nigeria, the best place to be grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by Godson201333(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Still The Best Amidst Many Challenges by kwakwakwa(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Op, thumb up man
waiting for some bonobos monkey to come here and counter ur statements.

I will only travel to any country for one week and turn back pronto.
No place like Naija

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Knocked Down By SUV, Immediately Crushed To Death By Trailer (graphic Photo) / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / As A Nigerian, How Will You Handle This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.