Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,341 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? (3458 Views)

Poll: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria?

My Life!: 10% (3 votes)
Ideas, Planning, Time, Service, Funds: 30% (9 votes)
Kill all leaders- past, present and dead: 20% (6 votes)
NOTHING: 13% (4 votes)
Answering this poll is even too much sacrifice: 10% (3 votes)
God forbid!: 6% (2 votes)
Anything, Anytime: 10% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun / Isoro Cult Speaks About Human Sacrifice For Installation Of New Ooni / National Assembly Leadership: We Won’t Sacrifice Quality For Zoning – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by otukpo(f): 8:50am On Mar 25, 2010
Very disappointing.
Many Nigerians don't deserve the country Nigeria.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2010
006:

Sacrifice for Nigeria

God have mercy on those that die in vain.

May mission in life is to break up that country, when the time is right, I'll be back.
It's my calling,

Tcrack:

to whom nothing is given, nothing should be expected. Nigeria has given me NOTHING so i will give NOTHING FOR NIGERIA.

CLASSIC QUOTES.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2010
otukpo:

Very disappointing.
Many Nigerians don't deserve the country Nigeria.

You are right!

Infact, When i get to heaven God will have to explain to me why he created me into this curse successful failure called Nigeria. I just pray that the atheists are not right after all---Lol
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Salvie(m): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2010
It's a pity i dont know how to/where to reply individual posts on NL being nu here, i would have had a personal remark for each poster on this thread.
I was counting 2tru to c how many even had empathy for their country and their numba is so few? God! what happened to us? what happened 2 9jerians?

Failed leadership - yes. failed economy- yes. failed society- yes. failed education- yes, count on, u can count on. but when u are done please ask ursef who is responsible for that? who did not dare to ask his teacher to come to class when he was in school and took joy at the failure of lecturers to perform? who blocked teachers for grades? who sorted d policeman to get away with his incomplete papers and still left the papers incomplete planing 2 keep sorting? who litters d streets with refuse? who hods fuel? who hikes prices suddenly cos theres rush? who suddenly thanks God that his townman is in pawa secretly hoping that townsman loots and extends a portion to him? --ask ursef genuinely and tell me who has been the problem with 9jeria?

I take it that u do not know where to begin changing things that's d reason u r shying away from answering +ive to the question. so this where 2 start - YOU! sacrifice ur time to get ur papers right. sacrifice ur time @ that check point not giving a dime until they get tired of ur company. sacrifice a word of prayer for 9jeria each day. sacrifice the pleasure of abusing ur leaders and country and swallow those words when they rise up ur throat. sacrifice ur time to teach a child the right way to go. then the next big thing is dare to find a leader in any election worth ur vote, get others to support him, vote and get ur neighbour to vote. and dare to ensure ur vote at least counts in UR WARD!

pretty easy tins to do 4 ur country, right?
so there, run along and do just that in the next few days and see if UR 9jiria wont be better than it is now! remember 9jeria does not trit us all d same way, u can change how 9jiria trits u.

so long
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by BigBro(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2010
It baffles me whenever i see/hear Nigerians being pessimistic about their own country. No matter how bad Nigeria is, it is the only country we have and therefore should be proud of. Discerning members of this forum will agree with me that whenever there is a post/Topic for discussion, majority of the comments one sees here are pessimistic, anti progressive and unwholesome. When there is a problem and everybody believes there is a problem the best thing to do is to look at the cause(s) of the problem and then proffer solution(s) to the problem rather than beginning to curse and lose confidence in the entire system.

U.S. (which is always the reference point/haven when it comes to issues of progress and excellence) would not have been what it is today if its citizens' approach issues of national interest in the same manner we Nigerians do. We must as a matter of urgency learn to make constructive criticisms devoid of sentiments and ethnic/sectional/religious bias. For discerning Nigerian there are only two divisions/interests in this country i.e. The microscopic few (a composition of the various ethnic groups/sections/religions in the country) who pilot the affairs of this country and misuse our resources for their own selfish gains and on the other hand The masses who are always at the receiving end of the misdeeds of the former. We should learn to collectively rise up against injustice, engage in constructive criticisms and propose viable solutions to problems.

Nigeria must be made a better place for all of us, that is uncompromisable.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by NnamdiN: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2010
Salvie:

It's a pity i dont know how to/where to reply individual posts on NL being nu here, i would have had a personal remark for each poster on this thread.
I was counting 2tru to c how many even had empathy for their country and their numba is so few? God! what happened to us? what happened 2 9jerians?

Failed leadership - yes. failed economy- yes. failed society- yes. failed education- yes, count on, u can count on. but when u are done please ask ursef who is responsible for that? who did not dare to ask his teacher to come to class when he was in school and took joy at the failure of lecturers to perform? who blocked teachers for grades? who sorted d policeman to get away with his incomplete papers and still left the papers incomplete planing 2 keep sorting? who litters d streets with refuse? who hods fuel? who hikes prices suddenly cos theres rush? who suddenly thanks God that his townman is in pawa secretly hoping that townsman loots and extends a portion to him? --ask ursef genuinely and tell me who has been the problem with 9jeria?

I take it that u do not know where to begin changing things that's d reason u r shying away from answering +ive to the question. so this where 2 start - YOU! sacrifice your time to get your papers right. sacrifice your time @ that check point not giving a dime until they get tired of your company. sacrifice a word of prayer for 9jeria each day. sacrifice the pleasure of abusing your leaders and country and swallow those words when they rise up your throat. sacrifice your time to teach a child the right way to go. then the next big thing is dare to find a leader in any election worth your vote, get others to support him, vote and get your neighbour to vote. and dare to ensure your vote at least counts in your WARD!

pretty easy tins to do 4 your country, right?
so there, run along and do just that in the next few days and see if your 9jiria wont be better than it is now! remember 9jeria does not trit us all d same way, u can change how 9jiria trits u.

so long
nice essay,this would get u an A in W.A.E.C.My question is do you live in Nigeria?If you have ever witnessed what it's like to refuse a police man "#20" then you wouldn't have suggested that "police part". All these stuff you listed here is a kinda payback.The leaders were voted to make the ultimate sacrifices necessary for this nation.Obviously,they have failed and would continue to fail,if they had put adequate measures to checkmate all these things,I believe this country would have been a better place.One needs to give so as to receive,but one must first receive so as to give which is impossible in Nigeria,so the whole thing ends up a vicious circle.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by nagoma(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
With such pessimists and cowards how can you build a nation?
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
nagoma:

With such pessimists and cowards how can you build a nation?

I hope you are not calling Nigeria a nation? cos its just a "mere geographical expression"=======Many thanks to AWOLOWO.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by timpaker(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2010
Salvie:

I take it that u do not know where to begin changing things that's d reason u r shying away from answering +ive to the question. so this where 2 start - YOU! sacrifice your time to get your papers right. sacrifice your time @ that check point not giving a dime until they get tired of your company. sacrifice a word of prayer for 9jeria each day. sacrifice the pleasure of abusing your leaders and country and swallow those words when they rise up your throat. sacrifice your time to teach a child the right way to go. then the next big thing is dare to find a leader in any election worth your vote, get others to support him, vote and get your neighbour to vote. and dare to ensure your vote at least counts in your WARD!

pretty easy tins to do 4 your country, right?
so there, run along and do just that in the next few days and see if your 9jiria wont be better than it is now! remember 9jeria does not trit us all d same way, u can change how 9jiria trits u.

so long

of what good would 149million law abiding Nigerians be when our leaders are anti-betterment development in nature, who ever rise against their authority ends up disenfranchised/abused and no well thinking Nigerian would want to die for a raped cause. you dig?
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by JoeGaruba: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
I will give up Nairaland if it will make Nigeria a first world nation with nuclear arsenal, low crime rate, free and fair elected officials and trillions of $$$$ in the treasury. grin
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Amjustme: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
lol, this is rather hilarious! I would say when d need arises. For now there is no need laying any life, no one  would even notice. when we get to that bridge' we'l cross it.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by sley4life(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
For now, I cant. Maybe when things improve.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2010
I cannot die for the Nigeria of today; that misruled by goons in Abuja.

However, when, if ever, Nigeria becomes a nation of laws, justice and equity, where life is respected and criminals are punished instead of worshiped, then I can sacrifice myself for my country.

But, Nigeria is still a place where criminals and murderers are praised, where wickedness and injustice are excused, and where the life of the other is of little relevance. I can never sacrifice my life for such an evil contraption - Nigeria in it's present form!

All I can do is work for change, any positive change will do!
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Xionez(m): 2:17am On Mar 27, 2010
And Die trying.Nahhh, to risky cheesy.
Nigerians are the happiest people becos we have NOTHING,absolutely NOTHING, except for CASH cheesy, to die for!
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by jatwill(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2010
i can sacrifice 40 days of fasting, which i have done, and i am willing to do more. if you can't sacrifice any thing i think you should not say anytin of nigeria
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by uktrader: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2010
50 cents
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by solokay(m): 4:29am On Mar 29, 2010
Interesting replies, mostly negative and understandably so. The truth there is nothing an individual sacrifice can do for nigeria now. The change will come when the people rise up again the thiefs destroying our country.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by nagoma(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2010
[quote][/quote] quote from BIAFRA GuaTEMALA,
"I hope you are not calling Nigeria a nation? cos its just a "mere geographical expression"=======Many thanks to AWOLOWO."[/b]

[b]Build
a nation I said.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by solokay(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
Seems we black people does not understand the concept of nationhood. Just following the borders drawn by colonial masters is not all that makes you a nation. God help us to help ourselves
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Ghredon(f): 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
i can sacrifice all the cattles of the obudu ranch
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by kcreal(f): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
Quote from: Tcrack on March 25, 2010, 04:14 AM
to whom nothing is given, nothing should be expected. Nigeria has given me NOTHING so i will give NOTHING FOR NIGERIA.

You said my mind.
Re: How Much Can You Sacrifice For Nigeria? by Drenix(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
Even a dead man can't use himself as a sacrifice 4 dis disorganised country,dis country aint worth sacrificing 4,i dey tel u, it has made so many pple gone mad,sum even committed suicide due 2 d neglect kudos 2 mr nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Will Nba Star Ian Mahinmi(dallas Mavericks) Feel,about Yoruba Unification / Police Still Mounting Check-points In Imo State. How About Your Area? / Alert Attempt To Assassinate Buhari Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.