Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone (18356 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria / Investor Stakes $450 Million On New Free Trade Zone, To Build Ships In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by Bennycollins: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Keep blaming the fall out of your paymasters' policy blunders on the PDP. The same party you said is dead and buried is the first you would mention as the architect of your failings. Why not mention some other party ? Or all others dead and buried too? Repent from your evil ways of supporting evil, cos Nigerians are suffering, else your own suffering would begin and beyond redemption.
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP sponsored article to maligned Umana Umana....

Nigeria is not a banana republic...if you cannot stand the rules and feel you can blackmail the govt using job loss propaganda...it wont work.

This is no longer PDP/Jonathan time, when stealing was not corruption...Every kobo due to the govt must be paid into its coffer..or you pack and leave the scene for genuine investors to come in.

1 Like

Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by erico2k2(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
mfm04622:

FG feel Intel is under declaring amount generated. FG feel they don't have the capacity to offer the required services, reason they employed Intels. Atiku is a minority shareholder in the company, reason it is not witch hunting .
You are now saying waht you think which ammount to Assumption.The Issue was never about under declaring rather it is ofhow remitance is made which you in turn agreed to in your previous post.What made you think if they ;Intel wants to underpay the Fg they cant do so if they agreed to remit 100% of what they claim they collected

Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by erico2k2(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
mfm04622:

Nba! It is when the 3rd party collects into his pockets that you need an office with staff and verify, update and compute. When the 3rd party collects to your pocket, it is easy to tell the system "everyday (or every month) by x time, send y% of the money is this account to this account and send the balance to this account" simple
Are these companies doing us us favour by operating in Nigeria? If they are tired of making money in Nigeria, let them go!
Wrong analogy.name one 3rd party remitance company that collect and pays direct to the TSA plz
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by mfm04622: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
erico2k2:

Wrong analogy.name one 3rd party remitance company that collect and pays direct to the TSA plz

Name another 3rd party collection agent an let's check how they pay
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by mfm04622: 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
FarahAideed:

Seun , Mynd44 , Lalasticlala.... Please I expect rule 2 to be applied over this unprovoked attack, insult and bullying on me for no reason.. Please do the needful Sirs

What unprovoked attack? You insulted me, I reported it but someone has already quoted you, so it is still there.
Why would you insult your elders and expect no response? Why can't you respond without insults? This post I quoted, you also insulted the person who had a different opinion to yours. Unprovoked attack my foot. So e dey pain you when you are insulted? I never knew ooooo.
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by FarahAideed: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
mfm04622:

What unprovoked attack? You insulted me, I reported it but someone has already quoted you, so it is still there.
Why would you insult your elders and expect no response? Why can't you respond without insults? This post I quoted, you also insulted the person who had a different opinion to yours. Unprovoked attack my foot. So e dey pain you when you are insulted? I never knew ooooo.

I never insulted you .. I can never insult anyone on this forum , I only render advice ...
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by mfm04622: 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
erico2k2:

You are now saying waht you think which ammount to Assumption.The Issue was never about under declaring rather it is ofhow remitance is made which you in turn agreed to in your previous post.What made you think if they ;Intel wants to underpay the Fg they cant do so if they agreed to remit 100% of what they claim they collected

It is about under declaring, that was the main issue. Never stated in public, however that I why Ports Authority is determined to receive all payments due to them.
That is very easy to check. Which do you think is easier to check. Just ensure everybody know the single account number for money to be paid into. Simple.
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by earthcrust: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
APC has destroyed their image in d country Thank you Lord. Satanic Party
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by Rotimik: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
rifasenate11:
we keep losing investors and the FG is Talk is talking about borrowing to find the 2018 budget. . we must admit that this Buhari -led administration is up to no good. incompetence of the ministries to deliver has made it almost impossible to do anything in Nigeria.

This is about Intels not abiding by the rules of engagement.

The company is violating the expatriate quota rule. Same for other companies threatening to quit.

What is the use of having companies in Nigeria who will not employ Nigerians. We have sufficiently enough qualified people for the positions being filled by expatriates.

Most commentators on this issue are obviously not following the news.

This is nothing but cheap blackmail of government by the companies crying foul.
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by judgedredd22(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Nigeria is not a banana republic...if you cannot stand the rules and feel you can blackmail the govt using job loss propaganda...it wont work.

This is no longer PDP/Jonathan time, when stealing was not corruption...Every kobo due to the govt must be paid into its coffer..or you pack and leave the scene for genuine investors to come in.

Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by deepwater(f): 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Why your opinions have some magnitude it's has no direction on this occasion.

From your right up, it tells you have no business at Onne and at so do not understand how Intels frustrate companies over there. Which government coffers are you talking about? Please don't discuss issues you have no idea about.

Everything is not politics, take s trip to Onne and understand how things are done.

Fyi, real investors would always run away from Onne if Intels still operate at the present harsh status quo

Grow up, get educated before typing undecided
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by godwinkessi: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Could have quoted u but I'm just coming out from the two months ban I got last time for quoting u, which shows how biased naira land is, I realized people already know u are just a very biased person and have nothing more than empty rants to offer, so continue
Re: 16 Companies Exit Onne Free Trade Zone by deepwater(f): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rotimik:

This is about Intels not abiding by the rules of engagement.

The company is violating the expatriate quota rule. Same for other companies threatening to quit.

What is the use of having companies in Nigeria who will not employ Nigerians. We have sufficiently enough qualified people for the positions being filled by expatriates.

Most commentators on this issue are obviously not following the news.

This is nothing but cheap blackmail of government by the companies crying foul.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, Intels has no business with expats quota. Speak about the NCDMB and I will take you serious.

Tell the FG to destroy Intels monopoly same nonsense they are doing at Eko Support (bull nose,)

Last time I berthed an 87m platform supply vessel there I had to shift 4 times in three days to give way for a large tanker coming for F. W. The last night there I was at midstream from Marina to sea school all through the night with the vessel on DP and consuming the whole bunker R. O. B. Could not sleep the whole night as my starboard stern azimuth thrusters was faulty (the main reason we came to port to resolve) it kept tripping Infact the Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor blew off and we had to over flog the bow and tunnel thrusters.

At the end no tanker came anywhere to take F. W
Guess what we were still charged for mooring and unmooring for a vessel we kept on DP shocked

Is this how to keep investors?
How will the insurance company pay for your maintenance berth when you can't provide evidence that the vessel shifted all the while at port for three days for the supposed tanker (that never showed up) thereby attracting additional fees. The company goes ahead to make negative payment and you say they Won't Leave.

Truth is that people who discuss about policies Nigeria have no idea what goes on in there.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention / Tony Elumelu Visits Defence Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Where Do I Buy Nylon For Plantain/potato Chips Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.