Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Life Of A Street Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Of A Street Child (467 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Cancer Is Endangering The Life Of My Mother. Help!!! / Mrs Rachwife Of Ebonyi State Governor Gives Hi-five To A Street Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Street Child by maqp10: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
For me it was yet another fine day when something bizarre happened.
Early hours of today as at 8.30am . A fulani man in his mid 20's rushed into my office with blood on his clothing begging me to come with him.. i was scared at first but something persuaded me to just follow him.. behold a child probably a couple of years old was lieing on the floor fidgeting and crying.. I tried to communicate with the child but it was ineffective due to the fact he only spoke ibibio.. I could see clearly he had an open cut under his feet and it has been contaminated .. the fulani man begged me to give him medications that would cost only 50 naira because that's all he had.. he told me he has been looking out for the child by giving him100naira daily for his feeding but he couldnt afford to provide shelter since he squats at a friend's place. He told me sometimes whenever he's broke the evening is spent rummaging the large garbage piles on the nearby dump; relentlessly searching for something to fill their aching bellies with, before they surrender to yet another drunken stupor caused by glue. I immediately took him to the lab, he was then tested and appropriate medications were given for free courtesy of my generous boss. He also gave the fulani man 10,000naira to help cater for the child and told him to return every month.
I wondered at the irony of life a fulani man taking care of an ibibio child..His starving eyes got stuck at a fortunate kid, almost his age, gulping coke and munching chips in the pharmacy . Probably, he wants a taste of the same. But then who is going to buy him all this That’s the fate he was born with!
He died every moment!!! Caught in the vicious circle of poverty and misfortunes, his chance at a normal life was snatched away mercilessly. Hardship killed his every little desire.
It was quite obvious that life was a struggle for him. Fighting every moment for his survival, he begged for money or food. Disregarded as a lifeless rascal by the fortunate ones, he was born in a ruined shack and nurtured by poverty. His only sources of entertainment were the used or discarded toys.
My heart overflowed with a strange feeling of sympathy for him. I could actually feel his pain. As the darkness of night approaches and the uyo traffic slowly dies down,he joins other homeless kids by udo udoma park .the boys light a fire to stay warm by. Sitting there they voice their unheard dreams; dreams of a good life, of going to school, getting a job and a home – and in their hearts, the silent untold dream of being loved….
But for now their biggest worry is to find a safe place to sleep through yet another dangerous night!
Many of us take things for granted. The truth is that we should thank God for making us fortunate enough to live and relish the successes of life.
The day breaks and we get into motion. Either trying to meet some chores or just pretending to, everyone seems busy. Even then everything seems so usual and complete, in a way.
Life moves at its regular pace for most of us. But, deserts do exist beyond our green pastures. It’s just that they are overlooked by our money-blinded eyes.. its good to give whenever you have the power to ,help whenever the situation requires of it and love unconditionally.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Street Child by iamphill: 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
No comment for a heart wrenching post imaging since 3pm. But if it is useless information about celebrities sex slay mamas or tribal issues. Comments for don full here yakata........I wonder how we got to this low level of moral decadence and insensitivity to important issue. God help us all. My heart goes out to all the homeless and impoverished people all around us i wish i could help.

Its raining over here right now and i am in the comfort of my house i do wonder the lot of these people out there. My heart bleeds for them.
Re: Life Of A Street Child by fun1: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
That's the life we are in bro. Meanwhile, blame not the people that didn't comment alone, blame the mods for not pushing it to where the world sight it.

(1) (Reply)

Need Graphic Works for Your Business / So How Do People Born On February 29th Celebrate Their Birthday? / Court Dissolves 10-year Marriage Over Wife’s ‘aggressive Nature’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.