|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,710,420 members, 6,401,066 topics. Date: Friday, 23 July 2021 at 05:35 PM
|Business Development Specialist by ohereiyi: 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017|
The Business Development Specialist role is to expand the digital and enterprise analytics solution arm of our Nigeria business. The role has a Strategic Account focus, and requires the ability to develop senior level relationships with client decision makers, with the goal of product, market and vertical growth. While the incumbent may have a primary product focus, he/she is expected to market all of our services to potential and existing clients. The Business Development Specialist must also be committed to exceeding client expectations while respecting company policies.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
New Business Development
1. Planning and Development
• Identifies and brings forward new business opportunities
• Establishes a prospecting plan; identifies potential clients using knowledge of the market electronic databases, industry trade associations, trade shows, networking events, and consults other sources of information.
2. Prepare action plans
• Identifies decision makers at target clients
• Maintains a good understanding of client business segment and of solutions proposed by the competition.
• Identifies and analyze customer needs and develop solutions adapted to client expectations
• Negotiates prices and conditions based on the type of service offering; proposes complementary services.
• Obtains a service agreement/contract
3. Account Retention
• Follow-up and portfolio maintenance
• Maintains regular contact with clients
• Anticipates evolution of customer demands and translate those into service offerings.
• Responsible for ongoing, continuous customer relationship development with attendance at industry networking events, and hosting of customer entertainment meetings
• Collaborates with other business functions and Product Management Teams in developing innovative value propositions and customer solutions
• Gathers and shares with staff, verbally or in written form, pertinent market information and data on existing and prospective clients as well as on emerging industry trends and competitor activities
• Require 2 years of relevant sales experience of enterprise solutions; understands and anticipates customer needs
• Degree in relevant discipline preferred
• Concrete business examples of sales accomplishments.
• Plans work and measures performance
• Business Community involvement.
• Good interpersonal skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Microsoft Office & Ability to learn and use other applications
CV to be forwarded to email@example.com
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36