Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,882 members, 7,817,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

German Vs Japanese Automobiles. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / German Vs Japanese Automobiles. (14628 Views)

Demystifying CNG in Automobiles / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant / American Cars Vs Japanese Cars: Which Ones Are Safer And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hey automobile enthusiasts. I noticed some kinda brouhaha between Japanese automobiles and German automobiles. Let's educate each other by arguing on which one is the best. Real facts should be in place of personal interests please.

Nurey
Lomomike
Gazzuzz
Diportivo
Themodernman
Etc

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
Over the years, German autos have the edge when it comes to build quality, handling and durability. You can see 80s and 90s mercedes and bmws being used as daily drivers. You only see an old jap mobile rusting away with dirt. Though some jap mobiles are really wonderful (Nissan gtr as an example. There are some models that are comparable in some pedigrees but overall, the Germans have it!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
I can't bet my balls this thread will make front page

Op, you have already answered your own question and I can tell you, you are biased.

95% of farm vehicles are Japanese let me name a few
1. 1972 Datsun kingcabs still rocking our offroad

2. 1968 Datsun bluebird wagon

3. 1980 Nissan urvan/homy

4. Toyota townace 1972

5. Honda Accord 1976 straight down still on road

6. Honda civic too 1980s

7. 1992 Lexus LS400 leather intact and beautiful

8. 1990s acura/Honda Legend, the legend never dies

No be here person wan sell tokunbo 1992 ES200 1.2million, abeg Japanese vehicles are a force to reckon with. Not to talk of American rides like the Ford bronco, cardillac, chevys etc.

14 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by laivwire(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
nurey:
In that case, I'll have to book a space but I doubt it
Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by diportivo: 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by empron(m): 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
German all the way

5 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by lilmax(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
no argument here

3 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nnamdibig(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Toyota corolla(S) 2004 vs Mercedes C class(elegance or Sports) C180 1999-2000.

Enough said

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
nurey:

Op, you have already answered your own question and I can tell you, you are biased.

4. Toyota townace 1972

6. Honda civic too 1980s

No be here person wan sell tokunbo 1992 ES200 1.2million, abeg Japanese vehicles are a force to reckon with. Not to talk of American rides like the Ford bronco, cardillac, chevys etc.

Swear with your life that all the above named vehicles apart from the Lexus are in perfect working condition. Besides, numbers 1&2 Nurey seriously, when last did you see one? And I'm not biased, I said what I know and feel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
nnamdibig:
Toyota corolla(S) 2004 vs Mercedes C class(elegance or Sports) C180 1999-2000.

Enough said

No sir, this is not a good comparison. They're from different years. And besides, corolla stands no where close to a c class

14 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by sholatech(m): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
nurey:

4. Toyota townace 1972

6. Honda civic too 1980s

Can we call a 1992 Lexus car, a Japanese car?

2 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nurey(m): 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
mammanbawa:

Swear with your life that all the above named vehicles apart from the Lexus are in perfect working condition. Besides, numbers 1&2 Nurey seriously, when last did you see one? And I'm not biased, I said what I know and feel.

Really, I saw number 1 and 2 at odeda LG in ogun state, that's what they use to transport cassava roots and trees. Used for charcoal to small factories I saw both Saturday and Sunday because I went to farm.

All the above vehicles are in perfect working condition, the Toyota townace is all around you, the Nissan homy can be seen at oshodi, the legend can be seen around, the Honda civic and Accord can easily be spotted in the north,

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nurey(m): 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
sholatech:

Can we call a 1992 Lexus car, a Japanese car?
Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota, you can as well call it an Asian car just to tvsh it up grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
nurey:

Really, I saw number 1 and 2 at odeda LG in ogun state, that's what they use to transport cassava roots and trees. Used for charcoal to small factories I saw both Saturday and Sunday because I went to farm.

All the above vehicles are in perfect working condition, the Toyota townace is all around you, the Nissan homy can be seen at oshodi, the legend can be seen around, the Honda civic and Accord can easily be spotted in the north,

How many w124s do you see on a daily basis. Not to talk of the everlasting 911 tipper truck, a handful of Audi 80s can be seen around. Numerous classic bmws still rock our roads. If you drive a w203 2000 model, you're considered a big boy. Truth be told, I see no classic toyota (that's if it does exist)

6 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nnamdibig(m): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
mammanbawa:

No sir, this is not a good comparison. They're from different years. And besides, corolla stands no where close to a c class

I mentioned a older model of c class and a newer model of corolla.
That means what you see in German cars today you see in japanese in 4-5years to come.
So Germans all the way

28 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nnamdibig(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
nurey:

4. Toyota townace 1972

6. Honda civic too 1980s

Pls sir,
Where will 190e and flat boot fit in?
These are cars we still see people proudly cruise around town.
You also saw 190e here for 800k......no be so
Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
nnamdibig:

I mentioned a older model of c class and a newer model of corolla.
That means what you see in German cars today you see in japanese in 4-5years to come.
So Germans all the way

I understand, at least give the japs a fair chance. They shouldn't feel insulted

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by nurey(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
mammanbawa:

How many w124s do you see on a daily basis. Not to talk of the everlasting 911 tipper truck, a handful of Audi 80s can be seen around. Numerous classic bmws still rock our roads. If you drive a w203 2000 model, you're considered a big boy. Truth be told, I see no classic toyota (that's if it does exist)

Ok for the w124, we will take the Toyota camry XV20 and Toyota carina II, they are same year and this cars are still available on road.

For the tipper 911 unfortunately the Japanese aren't truck inclined but I will wager it against the Bedford TK and JK which are by far older than it and still in existence. For the JK its popularly know as agbeigi lodo its way common as it is used to carry sand all around Lagos, for the TK, it is popular too but can't be noticed, it is plenty in the LASG water corporation Infront of Ikoyi club those are 1930s vehicles still doing their thing, 911 is almost extinct except for the fire service owns.

There are Japanese cars that can be classified as classics, we just overlook them, the Datsun 120Y those taxis in abeokuta, Toyota celica T160, Mitsubishi GT3000, Toyota crown/Cressida, Mazda miata

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by tahoe(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2017
German cars are better, but "most" Japanese cars are reliable.

call or WhatsApp 09030943624 to buy the beauty below

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 5:46am On Nov 21, 2017
tahoe:
German cars are better, but "most" Japanese cars are reliable.

On reliability, can you name any unreliable German machine that's not been abused?
Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by tahoe(m): 6:12am On Nov 21, 2017
mammanbawa:

On reliability, can you name any unreliable German machine that's not been abused?

expectations versus reality.

besides you hardly get good mpg with most German cars

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 6:23am On Nov 21, 2017
tahoe:

expectations versus reality.

besides you hardly get good mpg with most German cars

Why people complain mostly about mpg is this, most Japanese cars you see around have i4 power plants while most German cars you see have either i6/v6 engines to move with. On the highway, 6 cylinder engines have wonderful fuel economy. Before the massive use of turbochargers on i4s, competing with a v6 is something for willing to lose/die drivers.

2 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by tahoe(m): 6:39am On Nov 21, 2017
mammanbawa:

Why people complain mostly about mpg is this, most Japanese cars you see around have i4 power plants while most German cars you see have either i6/v6 engines to move with. On the highway, 6 cylinder engines have wonderful fuel economy. Before the massive use of turbochargers on i4s, competing with a v6 is something for willing to lose/die drivers.

most consumer reports prove the Japanese cars are reliable than the German even in countries they are not "abused"

4 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by mammanbawa: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2017
tahoe:

most consumer reports prove the Japanese cars are reliable than the German even in countries they are not "abused"
Have you noticed?
Comparisons between Japanese and German automobiles are biased. Recent Japanese cars are compared to older German vehicles. Let's do a proper comparison between two vehicles of the same age then....

3 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by undefeated(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2017
German auto way ahead

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by iamkneeyi: 7:45am On Nov 21, 2017
German all the way

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by blarkraimez: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2017
tahoe:

In germany here you will walk months before you see one toyota iris or honda car...german will go for german cars and worst case sceario dey will buy a ford focus or fiesta.......they dont see japanese car as an option.
However most german cars are luxury and japanese cars fit well into developing cointries well

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2017
The 90s was the golden era of vehicle production, a lot of money vehicle makers made durable and quality vehicles, german was german , jap was jap.
Post Millienium, the trend changed vehicle production was outsourced and 3rd partied to countries like china, india and taiwan.
It gave us cheaper cars at the cost of poor build quality.
Today other than the brand mark, there is no difference between a german, japanese , american , chinese and korean car as they built by the same entity.

7 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by King4Roller: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2017
Automobile sacrilege.

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by daryoor(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2017
how Car Japanese cars be better when they are managing steel they then produce vehicles that will loose shape with a simple punch u can't compare the durability of a Benz to a Toyota or Nissan.

1 Like

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by Disneylady(f): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2017
German jare........those Honda cars that mostly breakdown by the roadside even on the road sef with wheel or steering problem

2 Likes

Re: German Vs Japanese Automobiles. by crownedprinz(m): 7:57am On Nov 21, 2017
based on sentiments i choose german cars.....(love for Mercedes sha)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? / I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! / Are LASTMA Officials Afraid Of Rich Men In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.