Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation (4224 Views)

Stephen Keshi Demands N1billion Compensation From NFF / Keshi Drags NFF To Court / NFF To Pay Keshi's Outstanding Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by shadrach77: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amodu wants N300m as compensation for redeployment

Amodu was reassigned to the Super Eagles Team B, comprising home-based players, after winning a bronze medal at the Angola 2010 Africa Nations Cup. In a report posted on MTNFootball.com, Amodu, who was replaced by Swede Lars Lagerback, is asking for N135 million for the remaining part of his contract, which was to have ended in July.

He is also asking for another N165 million as bonus for qualifying Nigeria to the 2010 World Cup. He has already taken his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). Ironically, Amodu also qualified the Super Eagles to the 2002 World Cup but was axed after a squabble with the country's top officials, thereby allowing Adeboye Onigbinde to lead Nigeria to the World Cup.

The NFF has received notice of the litigation from Amodu's lawyers but the officials said the coach has no case against them. NFF President Sani Lulu's special adviser, Tunde Aderibigbe, said the federation's contract with Amodu was still intact, insisting that there is no loophole that can be exploited by the coach's lawyer.

"It was just a notice and we are responding to it. We have not defaulted in terms of an agreement between employer and client," he said. "We are still keeping to our contract. Amodu was not sacked. He was only deployed from Super Eagles team A to team B, which means he still has his job.

"We have consulted our lawyer and he is already working on our case. Berti Vogts did the same and we argued our case."

Aderibigbe disclosed: "In Vogts' case, the CAS listened to us before we were acquitted by the Arbitration for Sports and FIFA. There is nothing to be worried about Amodu taking us to Court of Arbitration."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=240310&ptitle=Amodu%20wants%20N300m%20as%20compensation%20for%20redeployment
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Amhatu(m): 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
A big Thank You to Amadou for Taking Nigeria to the World Cup and being strong during the negative atmosphere NFF created. Only Amadou will get the credit and not any one else including NFF.

Amadou deserves all the money he askes for and more.

Goodday.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by adisa363: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2010
it is complete rubbish and garbage that NFA could sack amodu after he took us to world cup the second time. lagerback or lagerfront will lose by the special grace of GOD in the world cup. amodu will win.
we just have to start believing in ourselve, if what they want is a foreign coach, then they need foreign fans and followers,
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by kliffo(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
The NFF or whatever name they go by now have been very unfair to Amodu. He really should take them to the cleaners.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by NSNA: 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
i wish the guy wins and also wish some other team like Cameroon hire him to take them to the world cup

and he gets to knock out Nigeria
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by snowdrops(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
N300m; now thats serious money.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by OvieE: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
I am glad that Amodu is not that brainless as we thought. He read his contract very well before signing it and he knows his rights. good for u and I wish u luck.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by macnuel: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
All I can say is Amodu should rest his case. This is Nigeria. This is reality. We all know what happens. I'm praying for change oh but I pray God wipe these people out quick quick. angry
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by tayoast(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amodu shd av done ds d moment he was sacked.

U employ sm1 as SE coach, delivered his mandate and was later relegated.

He'll win them easily
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by xterra2(m): 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amodu as useless as his tactics
He was not sacked,he was redeployed-he still have a contract
Nothin will come out of it
Actually Luck took us to world cup not you(+mozambique)-anyway not important
The bonus for qualifying to the world cupdunno if dats in he contract but he actually didnt
The NFF are NOT dumb,y didnt they sack him?Breaching of contract,
Redeploying him(demoting) to team B-not in breach of contract and not liable to bonuses an some $$$$
like i said,as useless as his tactics
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by smile4kenn(m): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
Is that patriotic of him?
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Chongaiman: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
xterra2:

Amodu as useless as his tactics
He was not sacked,he was redeployed-he still have a contract
Nothin will come out of it
Actually Luck took us to world cup not you(+mozambique)-anyway not important
The bonus for qualifying to the world cupdunno if dats in he contract but he actually didnt
The NFF are NOT dumb,y didnt they sack him?Breaching of contract,
Redeploying him(demoting) to team B-not in breach of contract and not liable to bonuses an some $$$$
like i said,as useless as his tactics

You just beat me to making such comment. Mozambique actually qualified 9ja for the world cup and not Amodu. Can much be expected of a man who would still feature players like Kanu and Aiyegbeni in his line-up? He should be grateful for being allowed to mis manage Team B. I wonder how he would get players for the team since he said no home-based player was good enough for his national team during the qualifiers. This does not exonerate the NFF. They are all birds of the same feather.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by hackney(m): 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amodu would have been taking bribes to field all those unfit (actually over-weight) foreign based players like yakubu.
Obi mikel was useless but he kept fielding him ; maybe he gave him a signed chelsea jersey and small pounds.
Or Kanu at over 40yrs.
He should f.uc.k. off.
Infact they should all be replaced.

With all the capable players in a country the size of nigeria we still struggle to qualify for anything.

I can select an entire squad that can reach the world cup semi finals from any one state in nigeria after one year in camp
nonsense.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by semid4lyfe(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
hackney:

Amodu would have been taking bribes to field all those unfit (actually over-weight) foreign based players like yakubu.
Obi mikel was useless but he kept fielding him ; maybe he gave him a signed chelsea jersey and small pounds.
Or Kanu at over 40yrs.
He should f.uc.k. off.

With all the capable players in a country the size of nigeria we still struggle to qualify for anything.

I can select an entire squad that can reach the world cup semi finals from any one state in nigeria after one year in camp
nonsense.
All these cyber coaches sef, lol  grin tongue cheesy

@ topic
I feel for Amodu and I appreciate him qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup. . .yes, I'll say it again. . .AMODU SHUAIBU and not Mozambique qualified Nigeria for the world cup. Anyone who holds a contrary opinion definitely has wires loose in his head and is letting his/her hatred of Amodu becloud his sense of reasoning.

Anyway, although I support his course of action, I feel he's fighting a battle he can't win cos technically he was only redeployed and not sacked.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by SapeleGuy: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2010
Who no go vex? Amodu is correct, in fact de money no reach.

NFF and Presidential Taskforce should be arrested for misrepresentation / fraud.

How can you sack a coach who qualified for world cup and replace him with one who failed to qualify? On what achievement have they employed Lagerback?
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by montelik(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
hackney:

Or Kanu at over 40yrs.
He should f.uc.k. off.

nonsense.

Do have any evidence of the so-called capable players who will stroll through qualification or are just assuming based on an exaggerated or out of date view of Nigerian football. We are no longer in 94, 96, 98 or 00. It is the year 2010 and our football has really not made any concrete progress (infact some would say it has regressed) , yet you still believe we have the players to get to semis of the world cup.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by SapeleGuy: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2010
montelik:

Do have any evidence of the so-called capable players who will stroll through qualification or are just assuming based on an exaggerated or out of date view of Nigerian football. We are no longer in 94, 96, 98 or 00. It is the year 2010 and our football has really not made any concrete progress (infact some would say it has regressed) , yet you still believe we have the players to get to semis of the world cup.

Exactly, we have to manage our expectations. Apart from Enyeama in goal none of our current 1st 11 would have made the bench in 1994.

My only criticism is that Amodu should have put his faith in the youth and adopted Siasias team and faded all these expired and heavy cargoes.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by blacksta(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2010
I guess twice been rejected for world cup place is pretty annoying. Who could fore tell would have happened if he amodu is allowed to lead Nija to wc.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Princek12(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amodu took us to the World Cup and reached the Semis of the ACN by luck. His luck simply ran out. But the NFF should still pay him any money to which he is entitled under the contract.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Blazing99: 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2010
I wonder what you guys are siding Amodu for.

This guy is incompetent, period. I cannot remember the qualifying matches that took us to the 2002 world cup but I reminisce that he performed so cowardly in the 2002 nations cup that the whole Nigeria wanted his head for ruining our wining chances.

Then came qualifying for the 2010 world cup for this guy to shame his critics and he did his best, how? By placing us in a critical position, where WE NEEDED LUCK TO QUALIFY, and we were lucky so we qualified.

We then gave him another opportunity to show his coaching skills in the 2010 nation's cup. All we could see was Amodu sitting down moping while his team went flopping so bad that a team populated with under-21 players stroked us out.

Now tell me, should this coach now be given a world cup opportunity to prove himself again? I say hell no, else we want to go to the world cup without winning a match.

Amodu has no case and I'm on NFF's side to render his claims meaningless. We need coaches with competency not coaches to pity.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by ndcide(m): 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
all those saying Mozambique or just luck made us qualify 4 wc should keep quiet. which coach in the world dont take the credit for their teams victory.ok who qualified France?
who made baca win champions league?
who made manutd win premier league?

the opposing team abi?

its going to be difficult 4 nigerians to appreciate their own.

mikel is not good , amodu is not good, yakubu is not good.
this same individuals will celebrate hall city's coach. and some white skinned mediocre players.

And who says luck don't come in football.if you think the best team always wins then you are new to the game.

finally, all these white guys are not better. they will not employ a black guy either. the money being giving to the white coach would go a LONG way to relief the unemployment wahala in this country. and who says we cant use all that money for our local leagues; and even make it like that of Europe.

yes we hate 9ja but these white guys cant love 9ja more than you.largerback would take all that money to his home country.

NIGERIANS PLZ LOVE YOUR OWN.the white guys don't love you so much.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by tayoast(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2010
smile4kenn:

Is that patriotic of him?

meaning
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Kgdavid(m): 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
neither amodu shuaibu nor mozambique qualified nigeria for the world cup. the players themselves did it with some help from lady luck
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Blazing99: 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
ndcide:

finally, all these white guys are not better. they will not employ a black guy either. the money being giving to the white coach would go a LONG way to relief  the unemployment wahala in this country. and who says we cant use all that money for our local leagues; and even make it like that of Europe.

yes we hate 9ja but these white guys cant love 9ja more than you.largerback would take all that money  to his home country.

NIGERIANS PLZ LOVE YOUR OWN.the white guys don't love you so much.

People like you see racism in everythin and have 4gotten that the world has become ignorant to issue of racism and is welcoming judgement based on proficiency. I wonder what makes Amodu your ideal coach, a man who seems not in charge of his team, who plans his strategy outside the field then sits back and watches waiting for his strategies to effect itself.

The world cup is a one in four year event. We owe it to ourselves to choose a competent coach with a proven track record to lead us there. Amodu certainly isn't that man. I prefer Keshi to him 20 times
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by ndcide(m): 12:21am On Mar 25, 2010
Blazing99:

People like you see racism in everythin and have 4gotten that the world has become ignorant to issue of racism and is welcoming judgement based on proficiency. I wonder what makes Amodu your ideal coach, a man who seems not in charge of his team, who plans his strategy outside the field then sits back and watches waiting for his strategies to effect itself.

The world cup is a one in four year event. We owe it to ourselves to choose a competent coach with a proven track record to lead us there. Amodu certainly isn't that man. I prefer Keshi to him 20 times

ok you've made ur point. but mine is very clear and it stands coz its the hard truth. by the way, largaback and amodu have the same style of coaching.(you could research on that fact). the only diff is that largaback was giving a chance at the w/c.and amodu was denied his.
which track record does laegaback have? even if lagerback wins the world cup with 9ja. that wouldn't make him the world best coach. i'll only see him as a man who was giving the chance to succeed. you can prefer any body. if i am giving the chance to coach SE you would prefer me.

guy,acceptance is more of the mind than with the sight.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by mamagee3(f): 2:00am On Mar 25, 2010
What a thief!
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Royou: 2:10am On Mar 25, 2010
If there was a breach in his contract then the man has a right to sue the NFF, Let him sue them and get his money, i'm not an Amodu fan and neither am i a fan of institutions who don't stick to their contract terms of agreement.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 25, 2010
NFF NA THIEF, WHICH ONE BE TEAM B, I NEVER HERE THAT BEFORE OH

NAIJA SHA

MAKE SEE WAITING COMES OUT,
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 25, 2010
They shouldn't have sacked Amodu

Thou his performance was pathetic, but he needs improvement,  If they need a foreign coach, he should be part of the team too.

In other countries, no matter how poor he performed, you just don't sack the coach that took the team to the world cup, he is also a human, he's got feelings. do you know he will feel? at worst they should take him along if not the leading coach but he can also give ideas.

Mumustallabu NFF,  Amodu too 4kup, because u like a player like Ayegbeni u will be putting him there everytime n  the guy go dey play rubbish,  we need current players who are young n determined, ready to play for the team,  e.g. Odewingie
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by princekevo(m): 6:02am On Mar 25, 2010
This Amodu guy must be a crook. The one he has eating for 2years now for doing nothing is not enough for him.Now he want N300m, God forbid. Those saying Amodu qualifies us to WC probably didnt watch the same qualifying matches i watched. Those boys even without him as a coach would have played the same game partten and still qualify as long as mozambeque beats Tunisia
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Scottx(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2010
NFF do not like Amodu at all. They give him target to reach Africa Cup of Nation semi-final and he met it. What type of performance do they want from him again. Infact there are playing politics there. There know they will benefit from employing a foreign coach. So it is not that Amodu did not meet thier agreed target.
Re: Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2010
Amodu is not a good coach, those players used individual skills and experience to get us to the world cup. I agree with him to go loggerheads with the his former employer. But the bottom line is who is more important Amodu or Nigeria. If you know the nitty-gritty of the game soccer, you definitely agree with me Amodu is not good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fifa U-17 World Cup Semi Final: Sweden Vs Nigeria On Tuesday Nov. 5th At 5:00pm / Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable / Greentips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.