Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy (2). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy (2). (589 Views)

Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy (2). by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2017
I posted recently on the different opposing views on tithe and how it has taken center stage in the mass media and has become a headline grabbing topic in recent times. Like I said In the earlier post I am a tither and hold no grudges on those receiving and paying tithe, so I stand an excellent chance of not being biased in favor or disfavor of either side but just letting ourselves know some basics, and what it means for us, because religious emotions have covered our eyes with thick veil.
The painful part of this whole tithe saga is how our pastors use the American setting to justify their lack of concerns for their poor attendees, they begin to sight examples of their MENTORS from Oral Robert to Kenneth
Copland e.t.c.. Yes agreed that there are lots of tithes prosperity preachers over there and citizen are cool with the fact and there is no uproars at all about it.
That being said, I have a little advice for those who have the penchant for comparing the both countries. America has a long-lasting credibility for democracy, they are a prosperous country per capita income, each citizen has their social security numbers for access to health, shelter, education. In America, Access to basic amenities is not based on who you know and how much you have lodged in your bank account, your status in society. Now fast forward to home, in Nigeria we all know government ministries, departments and agencies are only designed to implement FEDERAL CHARACTER and that's all, nothing works- no middle class economy only absolutely poor people and absolutely rich people.
And if unfortunately you fall into the poor category then your pastor is free and correct to say you are wearing GARMENT OF AFFLICTION and for that they have no business with you as you're on your own, in fact in most cases they believe you may be paying your tithe to the devil after refusing to pay it to them.
There have never risen a pastor with enormous influence on Afriça like Evangelist Reinhard Bonke, and probably not after he is gone, but the man was never in the habit of collecting offering or tithe from people who attend his crusades rather, he give books, Bibles all to people free of charge. I think this is an example worth emulating unlike ours which is to monetize everything.
A lot of Nigerian pastors are too business/profit minded that they forget this is Nigeria and to understand that their regular saying that "God is not limited by geography" has become too cliché to hold true for today's Nigeria with an out of control population compared to the Nigeria of the fifties and sixties. That's the problem with religion in Nigeria---we know God more than he knows himself. Meanwhile in countries where things work they believe in practicality in human affairs and doesn't leave their fate in only God to decide.
I think a few sane ones like Bishop Felix Adejumo with a charity foundation for the helpless-----I think this is the only one I know for now and he should call their colleagues who care listen to order for them to commit to helping the helpless in society most of which are their church members.
Needless to say and I know the religious know it all will rise in counter reaction but I just have to say it that--other beliefs has done more on terms of character, charity and integrity than chritainity and it brings to mind Ghandi's saying "I love your Christ but I hate you Christians". Yes heaven is not about good works but faith without works too is dead. When it was time to find a man of integrity to run for the the 2015 presidential elections, no Christian was found hence the choice of president Buhari.
If truly the pursuit of money is mainly for the gentiles and not Christians according to the Bible then let's prove it and not with only mere mouth. I stand to be corrected in all that I have said, please by all means critique and correct me.
Titus Okey Achile George

(1) (Reply)

Popular Prophet Buys N29m Maserati For His 4-year-old Daughter As Birthday Gift / Breaking_photo: Mysterious ‘creature' Sighted On Camera Just Outside Synagogue / Mad Man In Port Harcourt For Heal By Hanging 5nights Of Glory Tag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.