Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Thankful Series- Glasses - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thankful Series- Glasses (345 Views)

Things To Be Thankful Of In Life | Shorts | Facts | Trending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thankful Series- Glasses by Dasience(f): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Dear glasses,
You caught my attention the day I struggled to find your abode so I resigned to keep you near my bed. Slowly caving in to sleep, I realized how important you are to me.Even inanimate things can be important. I love that you hide the pains my eyes carry. No one notices the eyebag because you hide it so well. You keep people guessing how I really look like without you, some prefer you with me others don't (Trust humans to always have something to say) but I appreciate how beautiful you make the world appear. You make it so clear and pure hiding it's chaos in oblivion.There is that nod my heart gives when you take your place after idling somewhere. It recognizes that myopia has lost it's glory even if it is temporary. Sometimes I get tired of wiping dirt over you. I get bored of pushing you to remain in place with my middle finger. The worst is looking for where you reside in, I do not even know where your house is at the moment. People should stop assuming you make me see a thousand times better, it is not actually like that.Thank you for helping me most times because I cannot imagine asking someone 'what is that on the board? ' or 'who is that afar?' I know your cousin 'contact lens' is an alternative but you know I am not brave enough to keep up with it's rules. I always deal with the 'nerdy' comments I get because of you (I am not a nerd anyway).Before it gets effusive and 'people of the world' start asking 'is it because of ordinary glasses?' It is more than that really ( you will relate better if you are stuck with one) Thank you for showing me a clearer version of everything the world has to offer.
Love,
Dasience.
Check out my letter to contact lens [url] http://dasience.com/vision-love-story/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Consent Is Everything. / Heartbreaks Like You Don't Know It / TCG Book Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.