Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? (1649 Views)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC / Processor Speed Or Ram(random Access Memory): Which Determines Speed Of A Pc? / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? by ReLaTE(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Pls i need your help gurus in d house. A friend of mine wnts to purchase a laptop wt good processing speed and has seen some bt does'nt knw d one to choose among the two and he came to me bt am a novice too on that area,i kindly need ur help coz he regards me as a master since i hv a laptop and a junior to me.
Here are d specs. A) 4gb Ram,320gb hdd,1.9ghz and an intel core duo.
B) 2gb Ram,320gb hdd,2.4 ghz and Amd dual core.
Whch one do u think wl gv hm a better speed and i myself wnts to knw if its d Ram or d processor that determines the speed.
Pls i need a good advice.
Re: What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
well your ram determines how fast programs will run,

so the higher the ram the better,

but also he should not be too greedy as some programs will refuse to run
on the 4gb ram,
as for the processors
they are both dual core but wether to choose amd over intel thats another matter entirely
but for me i'll stick with intel core duo

hope that helps,
Re: What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? by Ralvy(m): 12:07am On Mar 25, 2010
For me, that wouldn't be a tough decision. It's always been part of my nature to stay off AMD processors. To the best of my knowledge, Intel's dual and quad core processors are superior to AMDs, If it was my decision, I'll ditch the 2.4ghz processor and go Intel without a second thought, but that's just me smiley.

-[n3rve]
Re: What Determines The Speed Of A Laptop Pc Out Of Ths Two? by ReLaTE(m): 4:54am On Mar 25, 2010
Thank you guys for your prompt response which is quite convincing to me.
Kudos to u guys.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean American Used Lg R405 Is For Sale for 43k In Lagos / Print Errors From Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Word And Other Word Applications / Tally 9 Cracked-accounting Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.