Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas (786 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by 0truthseeker: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
I have watched patiently throughout last week how a lot of folks a shading Christians and pastors over offering, I would have remain silent is I had encounter muslim comments against Christian. In fact I see that as high-to-heaven hypocrisy.

It would have being good if they (the muslim) remain silent over the issue considering the fact that most of their clergymen are serial extortionist.

How do i arrived at the above?
If you have ever attend a Muslim Ceremony or prayer meeting, you will understand what I mean. the Alfa invited to preside over the meeting is not coming alone, he will take at least three more along with him, and the these will take turns to raise prayer point.

Raising Prayer point by the invited Alfas is NOT FREE, they will call on everyone on sit to pay for the prayer he raised. This is not donation as they will still call another prayer and asked guest to pay for it. There some worse scenarios, and embarrassing where the alfa will invited the celebrant over asking him to drop money for prayer, if the are not satisfy with the amount, they will hold him to ransom until invited guess help him to raised the money up. Dont think they will stop there, they will even raise prayer for the dead, even pray of forgiveness, You will be asked to pay.

The most funny aspect is the time time they decide to collect Owo omogo during naming ceremony. That is Pay for prayer so that you child will not be stupid when he grow up.

Now all the money collect by the alfas is going straight to their OWN pocket. If they need to raise donation for mosque they will do that after they had collected their own in which turn-out is usually low because they had earlier cajole people to empty their pocket, which means they will not be able to raise fund for Mosque.

Now you judge

MOST of our pastor are not tithe collector but a tithe payer, they are have their own Job and have descent income. For example the V.P. Y. Osibanjo (Pastor) who rose to the apogee of a SAN cannot be said to be a tithe collector.

But I can categorically say that MOST of the Alfas rely on the above method to either fulfill or complement their daily bread.

I will hold my Hand here, but according to seun - Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by Thewesterner(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
Have been privileged to pass through the two... Your comparison is way of the line
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by iamgenius(m): 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
I'm a Muslim. I oppose this things some Alfa's do. Squeezing people talk they pay the last long on them. Only in Africa people use religion to dupe you.
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by Auki: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2017
0truthseeker:
I have watched patiently throughout last week how a lot of folks a shading Christians and pastors over offering, I would have remain silent is I had not encounter muslim comment against Christian. In fact I see that as high-to-heaven hypocrisy.

It would have being good if they (the muslim) remain silent over the issue considering the fact that most of their clergymen are serial extortionist.

How do i arrived at the above?
If you have ever attend a Muslim Ceremony or prayer meeting, you will understand what I mean. the Alfa invited to preside over the meeting is not coming alone, he will take at least three more along with him, and the these will take turns to raise prayer point.

Raising Prayer point by the invited Alfas is NOT FREE, they will call on everyone on sit to pay for the prayer he raised. This is not donation as they will still call another prayer and asked guest to pay for it. There some worse scenarios, and embarrassing where the alfa will invited the celebrant over asking him to drop money for prayer, if the are not satisfy with the amount, they will hold him to ransom until invited guess help him to raised the money up. Dont think they will stop there, they will even raise prayer for the dead, even pray of forgiveness, You will be asked pay.

The most funny aspect is the time time they decide to collect Owo omogo during naming ceremony. That is Pay for prayer so that you child will not be stupid when he grow up.

Now all the money collect by the alfas is going straight to their OWN pocket. If they need to raise donation for mosque they will do that after they had collected their own in which turn-out is usually low because they had earlier cajole people to empty their pocket, which mean they will not be able to raise fund for Mosque.

Now you judge

MOST of our pastor are not tithe collector but a tithe payer, they are have their own Job and have descent income. For example the V.P. Y. Osibanjo (Pastor) who rose to the apogee of a SAN cannot be said to be a tithe collector.

But I can categorically say that MOST of the Alfas rely on the above method to either fulfil or complement their daily bread.

I will hold my Hand here, but according to seun - Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other

Pure ignorance. Speculating on things you have very little knowledge.
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2017
Op what do you expect when this section has being opened while the Islamic section locked with allegiance.
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by GoodMuyis(m): 10:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Auki:

Speculating you said?? Its just the Truth, even muslim complaint/condemned this act, but its religion stuff that must be accept

I will try and fine you a video, if i can get
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by 0truthseeker: 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Auki:

You need to be more sincere to yourself first
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by 0truthseeker: 12:06pm On May 25, 2019
@GoTV
Re: Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 25, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

The Prayer Point That Killed Abacha / We Are Together / How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.