Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? (23974 Views)

The Admission Of One Spouse To Paradise Does Not Necessarily Mean.... / Finding The Perfect Spouse / Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2017
Toks2008:
Disclaimer

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah." YES cos Allah means GOD
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet." NO COMMENT
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion." I DONT EVEN BELIEVE IN RELIGION
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

Now to the topic,i am even amazed i had to go through this unwarranted questionnaire before visiting this thread cos the topic as it appears on front page has nada to do with religion so lalasticlala should do something about the questionnaire before this thread or better still,change the topic to "Which Name in islam Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ?"

So to the question,i believe the name Toks sounds sexy and cool.

You would have save yourself the stress of typing all these.You saw the disclaimer, You should have simply ignore it and move on but you decided to say yes and then you still come back to rant.SMH

2 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
missyQween:

You would have save yourself the stress of typing all these.You saw the disclaimer, You should have simply ignore it and move on but you decided to say yes and then you still come back to rant.SMH
He's a Confused fellow.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
Akkord4gov:

can you pls just list 10 out of the activities of the Yorubas that are shirk

1.) Swearing with grave you'll finally sleep in

2.) Swearing with mother's grave

3.) Checking the unseen if a wife will be good or not when married

4.) Hanging things believed to protect one from thieves and other problems in front of the house

5.) Calling on mother or father not to sleep, rather he/she should help children left behind

6.) Sacrificing for Ogun, sango, obatala and the other tawaagheet(false deities)

7.) Holding iron and swearing with it claiming its ogun.

8.) Rituals for twins

9.) Believing that somebody else other than Allaah is holding down your destiny.

10.) Carrying masquerades to 'appease" their tawaagheet

Let me add 2

11.) Doing rituals for money or health or children and claim that "olohun o ka ajo" (God don't mind such rituals)

12.) Claiming that the world is in the hands of some old witches, that God gave them to control it..

Yoruba, chai, you people are worse...

YOU WANT MORE?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by AideeSheks(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

4.) Hanging things believed to protect one from thieves and other problems in front of the house

5.) Calling on mother or father not to sleep, rather he/she should help children left behind

6.) Sacrificing for Ogun, sango, obatala and the other tawaagheet(false deities)

8.) Rituals for twins

9.) Believing that somebody else other than Allaah is holding down your destiny.

Let me add 2

11.) Doing rituals for money or health or children and claim that "olohun o ka ajo" (God don't mind such rituals)

12.) Claiming that the world is in the hands of some old witches, that God gave them to control it..

Let me add one more sef.
Had a shocking conversation with my little cousin yesterday whereby she claimed she is an "omo olojo". When I asked what she meant by that, she said on the day she was born, it rained and on the day of her naming ceremony, it rained. She then went on to infer that it was her spirit bringing the rain. AudhubiLlah! I had to caution her immediately and explain to her how wrong that thinking was.
This is just one out of many of the little littke beliefs people hold that are dangerous to one's faith. I'm sure that idea probably came to her head from watching Africa Magic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
AideeSheks:

Let me add one more sef.
Had a shocking conversation with my little cousin yesterday whereby she claimed she is an "omo olojo". When I asked what she meant by that, she said on the day she was born, it rained and on the day of her naming ceremony, it rained. She then went on to infer that it was her spirit bringing the rain. AudhubiLlah! I had to caution her immediately and explain to her how wrong that thinking was.
This is just one out of many of the little littke beliefs people hold that are dangerous to one's faith. I'm sure that idea probably came to her head from watching Africa Magic.

Subhanallaah..... Just imagine this...so many false principles and bad ideas..

Same people will say, all festivals that come should he celebrated be it Christmas or eid because (according to them) we serve the same God...

Even this their principle of " we serve the same God " is another nonsensical principle capable of making you a kaafir instantly...

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:
He's a Confused fellow.

I don't understand how people can make things hard. You saw the disclaimer, Simply click No snd move on

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

8.) Rituals for twins

Let me add 2

Yoruba!!! They are dangerous than a viper.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

8.) Rituals for twins

Let me add 2

I think I want more because this is the first time I'm reading or hearing about the majority of things u mentioned above though I was born and spend the majority of my life in Yoruba land, or maybe I conclude I was lucky to be born in an environment that don't engage in such. I don't know where u are from,but if u have lived in Yoruba land before to know all these,consider yourself as an unlucky fellow.

I'm a Yoruba man and since I don't know much of these,I think I'm worse too? That is d typical reasoning of a dumbass, using the activities of some people to generalise the behaviour of others, Even in research that we do so,we still put it as a limitation cos u can't just reach everybody to conclude. Because,boko haram is prominent in the North,am I safe to say all Northerners are Boko Haram,since Nothern ladies have been confirmed as d larger users of drugs like codeine,is it safe to conclude all of them engage in such. And there are some things u mentioned above that I have seen d Fulanis doing from d little time i spent with them,but not still a basis to generalise.

So Mr. If all u mentioned are what u read,discard them but if u witness or experience them,pls see yourself as unlucky and don't generalise. He even mentioned rituals for money like it only happens in the Yoruba land,lol

Seriously,I was expecting things like prostrating ,the way they do wedding,their way of dressing etc that are predominant in the Yoruba land to be referred to as shirk not just a list from a myopic mind and experience from a few set of people

Besides,let me quickly add th a before d arrival of Islam and even Christianity,everybody has their ways of worshipping and what they belief in, the Saudis u see today were once idol worshippers. Tell me any ethnic group that has no deities before d arrival of Islam. Tell me one ethnic group that is free from a lot of shirk even till now. The Hausas,Ebiras,igalas,Fulanis,Tiv etc?

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:

U are lucky my dear. I have learnt not to argue in a faceless forum cos at d end of the the day,u will find yourself being disappointed when u know d person u argue with. Yorubas are viper,they are worse etc, pls give me an ethnic group that is holier,maybe I will try to live there permanently. Until then,enjoy your shallow thinking,
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
Akkord4gov:

I think I want more because this is the first time I'm reading or hearing about the majority of things u mentioned above though I was born and spend the majority of my life in Yoruba land, or maybe I conclude I was lucky to be born in an environment that don't engage in such. I don't know where u are from,but if u have lived in Yoruba land before to know all these,consider yourself as an unlucky fellow.

I'm a Yoruba man and since I don't know much of these,I think I'm worse too? That is d typical reasoning of a dumbass, using the activities of some people to generalise the behaviour of others, Even in research that we do so,we still put it as a limitation cos u can't just reach everybody to conclude. Because,boko haram is prominent in the North,am I safe to say all Northerners are Boko Haram,since Nothern ladies have been confirmed as d larger users of drugs like codeine,is it safe to conclude all of them engage in such. And there are some things u mentioned above that I have seen d Fulanis doing from d little time i spent with them,but not still a basis to generalise.

So Mr. If all u mentioned are what u read,discard them but if u witness or experience them,pls see yourself as unlucky and don't generalise. He even mentioned rituals for money like it only happens in the Yoruba land,lol

Seriously,I was expecting things like prostrating ,the way they do wedding,their way of dressing etc that are predominant in the Yoruba land to be referred to as shirk not just a list from a myopic mind and experience from a few set of people

Besides,let me quickly add th a before d arrival of Islam and even Christianity,everybody has their ways of worshipping and what they belief in, the Saudis u see today were once idol worshippers. Tell me any ethnic group that has no deities before d arrival of Islam. Tell me one ethnic group that is free from a lot of shirk even till now. The Hausas,Ebiras,igalas,Fulanis,Tiv etc?

The hypocrisy I talked about earlier, you are already exhibiting it, I wish I had time to waste, would've replied your emotional outbursts one by one.....I call it emotional outburst because you are attacking my personality instead of what I wrote there, and like I said I don't such time to waste, there are books on ground to read.

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
Sankabson:
You these modern alfas and all are something else. Prostrating and kneeling as sign of respect is a sin now?. Looool!

Asin ehn,u go fear na. Their issues don tire me. I see them everyday and they are worst than Boko Haram. I prefer arguing with a non Muslims than them. When they start their wahala,I used to reply them that "Allah's PA or Secretary that know those who will enter paradise or hell".

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
Akkord4gov:

U are lucky my dear. I have learnt not to argue in a faceless forum cos at d end of the the day,u will find yourself being disappointed when u know d person u argue with. Yorubas are viper,they are worse etc, pls give me an ethnic group that is holier,maybe I will try to live there permanently. Until then,enjoy your shallow thinking,
I'm also a Yoruba. I'm not arguing with anybody here. We are talking about the Yorubas here not other ethnic groups. Find myself disappointed? My foot! No ethnic group is free from shirk.
Note: I'm a Muslim
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Toks2008(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
missyQween:

On the contrary I believe I did the best thing so that such won't repeat itself.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:
I'm also a Yoruba. I'm not arguing with anybody here. We are talking about the Yorubas here not other ethnic groups. Find myself disappointed? My foot! No ethnic group is free from shirk.

U see now,I never said u will be disappointed knowing me,read again but this time slowly and be sensitive to d punctuation.
U see what I meant now,u can even be talking to a jss3 student without knowing in a faceless group

You are also a Yoruba? are u dangerous than a viper too?
you are Muslim? So
you aren't talking about other ethnic groups? But I think it is d only Yorubas that are dangerous and other ethnic groups holier
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:

U see now,I never said u will be disappointed knowing me,read again but this time slowly and be sensitive to d punctuation.
U see what I meant now,u can even be talking to a jss3 student without knowing in a faceless group

you are Muslim? So you aren't talking about other ethnic groups? But I think it is d only Yorubas that are dangerous and other ethnic groups are holier
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

The hypocrisy I talked about earlier, you are already exhibiting it, I wish I had time to waste, would've replied your emotional outbursts one by one.....I call it emotional outburst because you are attacking my personality instead of what I wrote there, and like I said I don't such time to waste, there are books on ground to read.

lol,because I said I don't know much about what you wrote earlier,I'm now an hiprocrite. U talk like someone I know,it seems u are his Alfa or of the same school of thought,Lols.

U even said I attacked your personality,so funny. But u could call Yoruba as worse forgetting they have personality too, Who is an hiprocrite here.
And pls tell me where I even attacked your personality? oh,where I said u maybe unlucky to be born where they engage in such things u mentioned. Lolz . Sorry o

U don't have time to waste? consider yourself being lucky by me replying u and it was a factor that caused it and see it as a last reply u will receive from me. The reason i dont argue in a faceless group. Before u know it,u will call me Kafir and that hell is my abode like u are the one sharing hell and paradise occupants. This is how extremism starts.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
Akkord4gov:

you are Muslim? So you aren't talking about other ethnic groups? But I think it is d only Yorubas that are dangerous and other ethnic groups are holier
Do you forget things easily? We talking about some Yoruba cultures that consist Shirk here. I guess you didn't read my previous posts. Nobody is saying if you are Yoruba, you going to hell. I'm only criticizing the Shirk part of their Culture.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:
Do you forget things easily? We talking about some Yoruba cultures that consist Shirk here. I guess you didn't read my previous posts. Nobody is saying if you are Yoruba, you going to hell. I'm only criticizing the Shirk part of their Culture.

so d best way to criticize shirk in their culture is to say they are dangerous as viper. lolz. what are u taking bro? All your talks have been to attack and attack,you that u ain't practise shirk,is that how Islam teaches u to talk. lolz. You are criticizing the shirk parts of their culture but i put it to you,tell me a culture that is free from shirk.

I have been a major observant of u guys,your half knowledge of Islam stinks. U just decide to open mouth and spit trash. Imagine,one was even saying yoruba are d worse and none is yet to tell me d best. He even listed 12 that they are doing in his town and use that to generalise.Anyway,I will return to be an observant and don't expect my reply again but next time,before u talk or u generalise harshly,think twice.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
iamgenius:
what have you done to stop it
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
iamgenius:

hmmm including you? so because of what some ignorance yoruba do in deen is what you used to qualified all yoruba muslims?

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by olayinkajnr(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
I prefer my spouse to call me by my name.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by harbjar(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2018
Habeebee.... That word gets me on always

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Mofpearl: 10:28am On May 20, 2018
Hands down, nothing beats calling me 3yooni (my eyes).

The second name I'd like to be called is ejika mi (my shoulder).
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Antina(f): 12:07pm On May 23, 2018
olasaad:

O ga ooo why can't you pack your loads and relocate to Saudi where 100% of their culture is sunnah....

Abio!
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Demmzy15(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2018
Sweaty grin grin

CCc Rilwayne001 undecided
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Rilwayne001: 1:57am On May 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
Sweaty grin grin
So it's not sweety again, it's sweaty you want? shocked grin grin

CCc Rilwayne001 undecided

Baby grin grin
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Demmzy15(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2018
Rilwayne001:

So it's not sweety again, it's sweaty you want? shocked grin grin

Baby grin grin
grin grin Lmao, baby bi ti bawo
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Rilwayne001: 11:56am On May 24, 2018
Demmzy15:
grin grin Lmao, baby bi ti bawo

Leave me oh, na wetin i like be that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Demmzy15(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Leave me oh, na wetin i like be that grin grin
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day / Since The Death Of Muhammad, Allah Is No More Speaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.