Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor (17525 Views)

Photo Of Grace And Robert Mugabe After Resignation Has Gone Viral Online / "Grace Mugabe Sleeping With Cabinet Ministers" Army To Mugabe - ZambianObserver / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by higherpower: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
HARARE – Students at the University of Zimbabwe on Monday skipped their semester final exams, demanding that vice-chancellor Levi Nyagura revoke the PhD controversially awarded to now ex-First Lady Grace Mugabe in 2014, or that he step down with immediate effect.

The students also said they would not write exams unless President Robert Mugabe leaves office.

UniZim was forced to stop the exams after the students vowed they would not step into exam halls unless their issues had been addressed.

Grace’s thesis has never been made public and, according to university records, she graduated three months after registration for a programme which usually takes three years to complete.

Her husband is the chancellor of all 10 state universities.

Despite being under house arrest, Mugabe presided over the Zimbabwe Open University graduation ceremony in Hatcliffe, Harare, on Friday.

Meanwhile, Zimbabwe National Students Union secretary-general, Makomborero Haruzivishe, said on Monday afternoon they had declared a state of emergency at all tertiary institutions following the military’s intervention in the running of the country’s affairs.

“There is confusion now everywhere,” he said.

http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/education/revoke-grace-mugabes-phd-step-students-tell-vice-chancellor/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by princeade86(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
he must revoke it.

12 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
this man greed 4 power is so high o, imagine one person as the vc of all the state university in his country.

15 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by nickxtra(m): 3:06am On Nov 22, 2017
How the mightiest fall easily

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Desyner: 3:20am On Nov 22, 2017
Imagine. Power is truly transient.

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by noblealuu: 5:18am On Nov 22, 2017
Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

6 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by noblealuu: 5:25am On Nov 22, 2017
cdqyehyeh:
this man greed 4 power is so high o, imagine one person as the vc of all the state university in his country.

Her husband is the Chancellor of all 10 State Universities just as we have a sitting president as a visitor to all Federal Universities here in Nigeria.

We should always read to comprehend before rushing to make comments.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Bari22: 5:51am On Nov 22, 2017
Hmm
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by jfking2005(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2017
noblealuu:

Her husband is the Chancellor of all 10 State Universities just as we have a sitting president as a visitor to all Federal Universities here in Nigeria.

We should always read to comprehend before rushing to make comments.

Thanks for your quick intervention otherwise.....

6 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by aolawale025: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2017
Even though she might not had earned the degree. Such fears(of the unknown) are why presidents in Africa hold onto power at all costs

1 Like

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by kay29000(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2017
She graduated in 3 months a program that should take 3 years. Na wa o! Why do we Africans generally like to abuse power like this?

6 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Lemonade01(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2017
I think Zimbabwean citizens should take a chill. You want the man to step down, he has resigned, later you'd start asking for his passport withdraw, then his head withdraw from his neck! Funny thing is they no born una well to do "pim" just about 3weeks ago until the military intervention. Now they are jumping upandan, despite being about to make a notorious mistake ingrained on our gene as Africans, "recycling Leaders" What guarantees them that a man that recently served under their now tagged devil and left to seek the help of the west to overthrow a government in power will be any better. The Devil you know they say, is better than the angel you don't! I dey here dey sip zobo they watch when you will come back and cry #BringbackMugabe. Buhari the "anticorruption" man still they show us pepper for here, looks like you guys might be next, and guess what, it might be a lot worse! Zibaweans, you think you are doing Robert Gabriel Mugabe, you are doing yourselves

11 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by itiswellandwell: 9:24am On Nov 22, 2017
Lol. Nigerian students don't have the gut to do such.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive and full capacity powerbank
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by hardywaltz(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2017
Ha
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by xpset2(f): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2017
Get doctorate degree without completion of programme and thesis is no where to be found

only in africa, shame
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by chijioke17(m): 9:25am On Nov 22, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by LadySarah: 9:25am On Nov 22, 2017
most likely the vc was threatened which was why she awarded her the degree.
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Guyman02: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2017
Mugabe remains a HERO for Africa more than Mandela. The Western media repackaged Mandela whom they had hitherto labelled a 'terrorist' because after he was elected he left all the arable lands, the economy and the main power brokerage in the hands of the Whites, leaving the black poor and poorly educated and without the wherewithal to challenge the Whites but will always descend on innocent blacks including Nigerians whom challenge the white for a stake in the economy, but whom the blacks murder at will on Xenophobic attacks because they work harder than the average South African black and get the pretty ladies.

If Mandela had put the economy in the hands of the blacks and given back lands to the blacks, South Africa would have been sanctioned and crippled by the west who operate as a pack of scavenging hyenas under their gang of EU, NATO, UN permanent membership with veto power and Mandela would then have been labelled a 'dictator' and many of us here who spend our time watching CNN and BBC news thinking that we are current would have seen Mandela from that western perspective.
This is why Late Bob Nesta Marley called on Africans to emancipate themselves from mental slavery.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by 9japrof(m): 9:28am On Nov 22, 2017
If only Africa and Arabs would know that power is transient, it would make our leaders misbehave less.

All the favours pleasantries and salutes would leave you like it's hot when you leave the corridors of power.

DisGrace Mugabe na you go suffer am, cos very soon papa go die go rest, you still have a long way to carry the guilt of your country on your shoulders.

Mugabe was 40 sth when this his yeye wife still dey a week old, meaning guys if you still never see your love, just be patient maybe dem never born am, just make sure you dey hammer money or u dey inside power corridors and it shall be alright grin

1 Like

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by onyedika946(m): 9:28am On Nov 22, 2017
Make same be our baba case. Amen

1 Like

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by okonja(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Wish we can start something like this in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by timilehing(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Grace needs grace to save herself

1 Like

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2017
shocked
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by free2ryhme: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2017
higherpower:

http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/education/revoke-grace-mugabes-phd-step-students-tell-vice-chancellor/

See gobe

nigerian students make una learn from Zimbabweans

If na nigerian student see wetin dem go dey do

3 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by lathrowinger: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2017
*Nigerians in Ghana Prisons*

*Forwarded as received*

My name is Emmanuel Emeka, a prisoner in Ankaful maximum security prison, Cape Coast, Ghana. I’m serving a jail-term of 130yrs imprisonment and I’m presently in my 8th year.

We appeal to the Nigerian Government to please come to our aid.

The condition here has been so unbearable for (we) Nigerian prisoners in Ghana.

We need to reconnect with our families. The
Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high priso sentence of 50yrs,70yrs, 100yrs, 150yrs to 200yrs.

Most of us have spent about 8yrs, 10yrs, 15yrs, 17yrs and 20yrs inside the prisons and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term. Our families are in the dark, they really don’t know what we are facing. We’ve spent a lot of money trying to appeal in court, but all is to no avail.

Within my 8years in prison, I have witnessed over 100 deaths of Nigerian citizens in the Ghana
prison and most of their families are not even aware. Their families would still keep the hope of their return without knowing they are dead and buried with no rites.

We appeal to the Government of
Nigeria to please act on our behalf so we won’t continue to perish in this peril.

There are many
Nigerians in all the 46 prisons in Ghana that need help from the Nigerian Government.

I also beg the media: kindly keep spreading the message until it finally grips the attention of the able government.

To fellow citizens of Nigeria, our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, please continue to pray
for us and do what you can to return us back home.

Another sad part is that most of us are on
sick bed, no drugs for us. This is the unseen hardship Nigerian citizens in all the prisons in Ghana are facing and myself inclusive. I’ve been sick for the past 2 months and they have not taken me to the hospital or give me any drug. They treat us like animals, they give us dry garri everyday, no access to communication. I know how I suffered to get this phone to send this message to you.

Please, helping us to pass on this message lies the survival of about 800 to 1000 Nigerian prisoners in the 46 prisons in Ghana who are in this type of high sentence.

Please help us spread the message to all the four corners of Nigeria to campaign for our freedom because that is the only hope left for us.

5 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by emmabest2000(m): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2017
@Students said they will not write their exams unless President Robert Mugabe leaves office:- STUPID STUDENTS!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by free2ryhme: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2017
Get doctorate degree without completion of programme and thesis is no where to be found

only in africa, shame

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2017
The masses really mean business. No joking
Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by Bossontop(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2017
grin cheesy grin
Oboii!!... .wahala don finally wear cover-shoe oo
Lol

Re: Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor by lathrowinger: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2017
chojoike2024:
to make money call or whatsapp the number below

Bloz, dey help your follow nairaland @tyms... give us game make we pay u later bloz... my name is ndigbo2... am also a developer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules Against UK’s Plan To Send Asylum Seekers To Rwanda / Explosion Hits Siberia Coal Mine In Russia. 52 Dead, Many Injured (pix, Video) / Hillary Seguya Taylor Sues President Museveni For Blocking Him On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.