Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers (6587 Views)

One Of Jonathans Achievements By Jimi Agbaje Source: AIT News / Ohanaeze-ndigbo-sharing-of-jonathans-n5-billion-endorsement-gift-creates-more-cr / A Reminder Of Jonathans's Legacy Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Ibime(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2010
I need analysis from heavyweights in the house. . . .

Does the ministerial list engender confidence of Jonathans good intentions?

Any incompetent corrupt buffoons on the list?. . . and why?

The floor is open. . . .
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by 4Play(m): 12:58am On Mar 25, 2010
Bros, you no dey tire of discussing this our barbaric country? You people have strong constitution.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by PapaBrowne(m): 1:49am On Mar 25, 2010
I thought the list would be packed with technocrats. Didn't see much of that.

Looks like Jonathan is planning for 2011 elections. That's what the list looks like to me.

Still got some hope though in a few of the folks on there.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 25, 2010
PapaBrowne:

I thought the list would be packed with technocrats. Didn't see much of that.

Looks like Jonathan is planning for 2011 elections. That's what the list looks like to me.

Still got some hope though in a few of the folks on there.

The guy is pandering too much to the establishment. He is planning too much for 2011. It will be worth it if all these establishment conventional behaviours is because he wants to continue as President in 2011.

What I will find very disturbing is if he is playing all these cards just to be nominated VP for a second term. That will be horrendous.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by PapaBrowne(m): 1:59am On Mar 25, 2010
mikeansy:

The guy is pandering too much to the establishment. He is planning too much for 2011. It will be worth it if all these establishment conventional behaviours is because he wants to continue as President in 2011.

What I will find very disturbing is if he is playing all these cards just to be nominated VP for a second term. That will be horrendous.

That would be very very horrendous and terribly so. But I want to believe that he is much smarter than that!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Beaf: 2:15am On Mar 25, 2010
mikeansy:

After he has seen that a VP in Nigeria is a mere errand boy to be scorned by even lowly ministers? What a dreadful nightmare!
. . .Like PapaBrowne said, I believe he is smarter than that.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Beaf: 2:31am On Mar 25, 2010
In the discussion about ministers, we generally miss one important factor. . . The Presidential Advisory Commitee (PAC). It might hold Jonathans ultimate chess move, making the choice of ministers just a gambit to please all sections and power brokers.
If the PAC plays a strong part then, quite a few ministers will end up mere managers of decisions taken elsewhere. Jonathan can use the PAC as a remote control influence to either up a ministers game or diminish his/her power.

Depending on how Jonathan plays it, the choice of ministers might not be in the least bit critical. There is too much leeway in the current arrangement to make any informed argument.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by PapaBrowne(m): 2:56am On Mar 25, 2010
Beaf:

In the discussion about ministers, we generally miss one important factor. . . The Presidential Advisory Commitee (PAC). It might hold Jonathans ultimate chess move, making the choice of ministers just a gambit to please all sections and power brokers.
If the PAC plays a strong part then, quite a few ministers will end up mere managers of decisions taken elsewhere. Jonathan can use the PAC as a remote control influence to either up a ministers game or diminish his/her power.

Depending on how Jonathan plays it, the choice of ministers might not be in the least bit critical. There is too much leeway in the current arrangement to make any informed argument.

Right on point!! It would be safe to assume that many of the key decisions and policy directions would be taken by the PAC, after which they would be passed down to the ministers to implement. With Jonathan breathing on the ministers to hit the targets he hands to them, they would have no choice but to perform accordingly.

In the long run it would be a win win for both performance and politics.

Jonathan is showing signs of extraordinary wit and it looks like we are going to have him around over the next decade. The guy is very coded-smart guy!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:02am On Mar 25, 2010
In my opinion Jonathan is preparing for 2011, it started from the removing of NSA sarki Mukhtar, he wisely choosed Gusau, whereas Gusau is a focal point of IBB and OBJ. what i mean choosing Gusau will buy him a favourable hand from Babangida who still have political influnces. which he has succeeded. in a pretencious move he removes Micheal Aondoaka, the movement gives some credit to Jonathan. Now that Jonathan has scrapped the federal excutive council and brought people that are his alike, tell me what will happen?? In a sharp- sharp way the ministers will declare Yar'adua incapacitated.
When this is achieved the next bulk step is to remove Vincent ogbulafor for chairmanship of PDP, then PDP National Excutive council with Obasanjo as head of board of trustees will quickly dis-associate itself with Ogbulafor's statement when he saJonathan will not be given 2011 presidential ticket". There will be jeers and ranting from the north, but Gusau will serve for that, he willl be telling IBB we are in the government nothing will happen. A new campaing to keep Jonathan with the affairs of the state beyond 2011 will be kick up, All those that are circulating rumours of the coming back of Yar'adua are prophets of Doom.Jonathan has come to stay beyond 2011.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by trueword: 7:06am On Mar 25, 2010
Beaf:

You have a point there. I totally forgot about the PAC. Maybe Jonathan is playing chess and the rest of us are playing checkers. Or maybe not. Let's just see the positions that the people are appointed to and development in the coming weeks to see if some good policy actions are taken.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by marvix(m): 8:03am On Mar 25, 2010
onathan is showing signs of extraordinary wit and it looks like we are going to have him around over the next decade. The guy is very coded-smart guy!
Abu-Maryam:
In my opinion Jonathan is preparing for 2011, it started from the removing of NSA sarki Mukhtar, he wisely choosed Gusau, whereas Gusau is a focal point of IBB and OBJ. what i mean choosing Gusau will buy him a favourable hand from Babangida who still have political influnces. which he has succeeded. in a pretencious move he removes Micheal Aondoaka, the movement gives some credit to Jonathan. Now that Jonathan has scrapped the federal excutive council and brought people that are his alike, tell me what will happen?? In a sharp- sharp way the ministers will declare Yar'adua incapacitated.

My people have started to see the ingenuity of d Ag President, Jonathan understands the Nigerian politics, and he has decided that he wants to win the heart of the electorates and masses but those with vested interests have to be taken care of, so that there would be peace when all this is over. The ministers have to perform, Jonathan needs to get results but we have to be ready to support him 4 2011. Youths Earnestly Seek- Jonathan 4 2011 (YES-Jonathan 4 2011), Maryam are u with me.                         When this is achieved the next bulk step is to remove Vincent ogbulafor for chairmanship of PDP, then PDP National Excutive council with Obasanjo as head of board of trustees will quickly dis-associate itself with Ogbulafor's statement when he saJonathan will not be given 2011 presidential ticket". There will be jeers and ranting from the north, but Gusau will serve for that, he willl be telling IBB we are in the government nothing will happen. A new campaing to keep Jonathan with the affairs of the state beyond 2011 will be kick up, All those that are circulating rumours of the coming back of Yar'adua are prophets of Doom.Jonathan has come to stay beyond 2011.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by prettyG: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2010
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by PapaBrowne(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

When this is achieved the next bulk step is to remove Vincent ogbulafor for chairmanship of PDP, then PDP National Excutive council with Obasanjo as head of board of trustees will quickly dis-associate itself with Ogbulafor's statement when he saJonathan will not be given 2011 presidential ticket". There will be jeers and ranting from the north, but Gusau will serve for that, he willl be telling IBB we are in the government nothing will happen. A new campaing to keep Jonathan with the affairs of the state beyond 2011 will be kick up, All those that are circulating rumours of the coming back of Yar'adua are prophets of Doom.Jonathan has come to stay beyond 2011.

Nice analysis. I agree with you!
The good thing though is that even as he prepares for 2011 by wisely taking care of vested interests, he knows that the electorate is his number one support base.
The goodwill Jonathan has received from Nigerians has been overwhelming. In order not to lose this support base, the only card he has on them is performance, performance, performance. If he can deal fix the Niger Delta, execute electoral reforms and solve the power problem, then he would have a roller coaster ride to victory come 2011.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2010
marvix:

onathan is showing signs of extraordinary wit and it looks like we are going to have him around over the next decade. The guy is very coded-smart guy!
Abu-Maryam:

My people have started to see the ingenuity of d Ag President, Jonathan understands the Nigerian politics, and he has decided that he wants to win the heart of the electorates and masses but those with vested interests have to be taken care of, so that there would be peace when all this is over. The ministers have to perform, Jonathan needs to get results but we have to be ready to support him 4 2011. Youths Earnestly Seek- Jonathan 4 2011 (YES-Jonathan 4 2011), Maryam are u with me.
(YES, IF jONATHAN WILL REMAIN PRAGMATIC, AND DECISIVELY ACCCEPT UWAIS REPORT AND APPLY AUSTERITY MEASURE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGER DELTA AND BRING IRON HAND IN EFFC) When this is achieved the next bulk step is to remove Vincent ogbulafor for chairmanship of PDP, then PDP National Excutive council with Obasanjo as head of board of trustees will quickly dis-associate itself with Ogbulafor's statement when he saJonathan will not be given 2011 presidential ticket". There will be jeers and ranting from the north, but Gusau will serve for that, he willl be telling IBB we are in the government nothing will happen. A new campaing to keep Jonathan with the affairs of the state beyond 2011 will be kick up, All those that are circulating rumours of the coming back of Yar'adua are prophets of Doom.Jonathan has come to stay beyond 2011.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by youngies(m): 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
@topic
Of particluar interest is Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga.
He is the Managing Director of Goldman Sachs International, London
He is also director of TechnoServe Inc., United States.

In 2006, he established the Nigeria Leadership Initiative (NLI). The mission of NLI, which has Christopher Kolade, Nigeria’s former high commissioner to the United Kingdom, as founding patron, is to mobilize the energy, talent and resources of credible and accomplished Nigerian leaders drawn from both the homeland and the Diaspora to confront challenges facing the country.

. . .more will follow
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by youngies(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
Apart from stellar credentials of Aganaga above I doubt if there upto five other nominees that has such credentials.

The full list of ministerial nominees

1. Dr. Shamsudeen Usman (Kano)
2. Prof. Dora Akunyili (Anambra)
3. Yusuf Suleiman (Sokoto)
4. Prof. Ruqaiya Rufai (Jigawa )
5. Arch. Musa Sad’aa (Katsina )
6. Prof. S. Abdulah (Niger)
7. Capt. Emmanuel Iheneacho (Imo)
8. Sen. Jubril Martins Kuye (Ogun)
9. Chukwuemeka Ngozi Wogu (Abia)
10. Josephine Anenih (Anambra)
11. Labaran Maku (Nassarawa)
12. Eng. Chris Ogienwonyi (Edo)
13. Alhaji Suleiman Bello (Zamfara)
14. Alh. Murtala Yar’Ádua (Katsina)
15. Sen. Sanusi Daggash ( Borno)
16. Sen. Bala Mohammed (Sokoto)
17. Hon. Nduese Essien (A/Ibom)
18. Mrs. Josephine Tapgun (Plateau)
19. Mohammed Bello Adoke (Kogi)
20. Navy Capt. Ernest Olubolade (Ekiti)
21. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos)
22. Prof. M.K Abubakar (Kebbi)
23.Alhaji Adamu Waziri (Yobe)
24. Alhaji Umar Aliyu (Taraba)
25. Awodele Najim Adewole Alao (Ogun)
26. Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed (Gombe)
27. Fidelia Njeze (Enugu)
28. Godsday Orubebe (Delta)
29. Arch Nuhu Soho Wya (Kogi)
30. Adetokunbo Kayode (Ondo)
31. Odein Ajumogobia (SAN) (Rivers)
32. Sen. Akinlabi Olasunkanmi (Osun)
33. Mrs. Dezeani Allison-Maduekwe (Baylesa)
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Jarus(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2010
The only thing I'm impressed with so far is the names that have been tipped to replace Iwu. I mean Jega, Williams and Agbakoba. Now that Jega is a VC, I'm not very sure he wont have compromised the activism posture he demonstrated as ASUU president. If GJ can give any of these men INEC job, then he would be winning people's confidence.

As for the ministerial list, it appears like any other ministerial list we've had in the past. One or two technocrats, others are professional politicians.
Much has been said about this Olusegun Aganga guy and we hope in him we will have another Okonjo Iweala.
I'm not impressed seeing on the list people that have held ministerial appointments in the past like Jubril Martins Kuye, Sanusi Daggash, and Shamsudeen Usman that was not impressive as Finance minister.

Seeing Anenih's wife on the list finally nails the coffin of my pessimism.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Jarus(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
4. Prof. Ruqaiya Rufai (Jigawa)
First female professor from the North, or is it North West?
Read her interview sometime ago.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by youngies(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
I also learnt he is the VC of Kebbi State University, no?

@Jarus
The painful part of Josephine Anenih's nomination is that she took up the slot of Anambra State, which in most cases God has always used to blessed this country with astute performers
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by obiem(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
youngies:

Apart from stellar credentials of Aganaga above I doubt if there upto five other nominees that has such credentials.

The full list of ministerial nominees

1. Dr. Shamsudeen Usman (Kano)
2. Prof. Dora Akunyili (Anambra)
3. Yusuf Suleiman (Sokoto)
4. Prof. Ruqaiya Rufai (Jigawa )
5. Arch. Musa Sad’aa (Katsina )
6. Prof. S. Abdulah (Niger)
7. Capt. Emmanuel Iheneacho (Imo)
8. Sen. Jubril Martins Kuye (Ogun)
9. Chukwuemeka Ngozi Wogu (Abia)
10. Josephine Anenih (Anambra)
11. Labaran Maku (Nassarawa)
12. Eng. Chris Ogienwonyi (Edo)
13. Alhaji Suleiman Bello (Zamfara)
14. Alh. Murtala Yar’Ádua (Katsina)
15. Sen. Sanusi Daggash ( Borno)
16. Sen. Bala Mohammed (Sokoto)
17. Hon. Nduese Essien (A/Ibom)
18. Mrs. Josephine Tapgun (Plateau)
19. Mohammed Bello Adoke (Kogi)
20. Navy Capt. Ernest Olubolade (Ekiti)
21. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos)
23.Alhaji Adamu Waziri (Yobe)
24. Alhaji Umar Aliyu (Taraba)
25. Awodele Najim Adewole Alao (Ogun)
26. Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed (Gombe)
27. Fidelia Njeze (Enugu)
28. Godsday Orubebe (Delta)
29. Arch Nuhu Soho Wya (Kogi)
30. Adetokunbo Kayode (Ondo)
31. Odein Ajumogobia (SAN) (Rivers)
32. Sen. Akinlabi Olasunkanmi (Osun)
33. Mrs. Dezeani Allison-Maduekwe (Baylesa)

Hmmm, didn't know Ajumogobia is a SAN! He performed creditably as minister of state for petroleum. How come Anenih's wife? what is she doin' there? even Shamsudeen Usman? God help us for dis 9ja @ least i'm happy not seeing Rilwan Lukman's name, grin grin grin grin
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Emperoh(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
Josephine Anenih has since divorced from Tony Anenih. . . , why she still bears her name is still a myth
She is representing the SE quota and not Anambra quota. . . . . Akunyili is still there for Anambra State

The cabinet is made up of professional politicians!!
Why am afraid is the growing influence of Olusegun Obasanjo.
I might not have cared but for the relative peace in Anambra State. . . .this guy might decide to take up the Uba brothers' fight again!!

All the same, the 4 focal points i need to change in is INEC, EFCC, Ministry of Power & Steel and the Petroleum Ministry!!
These establishments hold the key to our progress post 2011
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2010
Josephine Anenih is our daughter and there is nothing wrong in appointing her in Anambra Slot.

After all Dezaini Alison Madueke is there for Bayelsa slot even if she is married in the South East.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by otawa: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2010
You guys should stop wasting your time.

Same old game, same old players equals same old result.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Gekko(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
Looks good on paper, lets hope he delivers.

Segun Aganga, is a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs in London. He is also the Founder of the Nigerian Leadership Initiative (NLI), a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network. NLI provides a platform for highly accomplished, uniquely qualified Nigerian leaders to develop and express their values based leadership skills and to assume transformative role in the future development of Nigeria.

Prior to joining Goldman Sachs, Segun was at Ernst & Young for many years where he worked across several sectors including the financial services, oil and gas, construction and consumer industries. In 1995, he established the European hedge fund practice which he led for 6 years before joining Goldman Sachs.

Segun is currently the Chairman of the London Investment Banking Association’s Prime Brokerage Committee and was the Chairman of the Alternative Investment Management Association's Hedge Fund Research Committee. In 2006, he was appointed by the EU Commission to serve on the Alternative Investment Management Expert Group. He was also a member of the expert working panel for IOSCO’s principles on hedge fund valuation and in 2009, he participated in an EU Commission Hearing regarding the need for regulation of the alternative investment management industry.

Segun serves on a number of boards and committees including the International Board of Technoserve and Princes Trust’s Invest in Futures.

Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by naso2(m): 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
Dont be carried away by this Aganga's CV O. Nigerians are known for cooking up impressive resumes and when they get on the job, their performance fall  far short of the expectattions. Remember the impressive CV of TOM Isegohi of Transcorp and his awful performance?

Jarus:

The only thing I'm impressed with so far is the names that have been tipped to replace Farida. I mean Jega, Williams and Agbakoba. Now that Jega is a VC, I'm not very sure he wont have compromised the activism posture he demonstrated as ASUU president. If GJ can give any of these men INEC job, then he would be winning people's confidence.

There is nothing special about these people , being an activist or public commentator does not confer integrity . Is it the same Agbakoba that was busy defending the very very corrupt ORJI Uzor Kalu in court? how is he different from AONDAAKA?
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Fhemmmy: 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
Jonathan and his nonsense of a list just show to me, that you could take a pig our of the dirt, but can never take the dirt out of the pig.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by naso2(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
Seeing this list, I will just endure a bit to see how the portfolios will be allocated. Afterall to turn this country around we do not need more 5 top performing ministers in the very critical sectors.

Secondly as someone said, the PAC could actually be the body to be calling the shot while they just hand instructions down to the ministers.

And may be , just maybe some of the former ministers that we have deemed poor could just become better performers, afterall attitude is a reflection of leadership. A non-existent UMYA could have been the very incentive for non-performance. Now that the headship has changed maybe some of them will change if Jonathan drives them with the right targets.

Afterall in a football team , sometimes when you chang just the coach even a poor team member becomes a top performer. make we dey watch.
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Ibime(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
So in essence, Jonathans ministerial list is aluta continue with status quo?
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by asha80(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ibime:

So in essence, Jonathans ministerial list is aluta continue with status quo?

did you expect any different
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by Ibime(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2010
asha 80:

did you expect any different

No I didnt. . . . you can check all my previous posts on the guy. grin
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by loma(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
What can these guys do in less than one year? Once PDP selects a presidential candidate in a few months time, the current president becomes a lameduck president!
Re: Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
loma:

What can these guys do in less than one year? Once PDP selects a presidential candidate in a few months time, the current president becomes a lameduck president!
Haba dont tell me you dont knw what they are going to do in less than one? Ok, write the answer(s) they will enrich themselve more and more, they will award contract to themselve and theire associates. Infact, liquidation continue. Bunch of idiots

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rate Your State Governor's Performance 1 To 10 / Governor Abdulrahman Should Nominate Kwara Federal Appointee, Group Tell Buhari / Young Woman Who Refused To Raise The Nigerian Flag At Enugu Protest Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.