Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination (4810 Views)

What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / VP Osinbajo Gives Ministerial Nomination Criterias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Beaf: 1:09am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Yar’Adua’s nephew under pressure to reject nomination [/size]

Our source said, “One of the ministerial nominees from Katsina State, Mr. Murtala Yar’Adua, has been under intensive pressure to reject the appointment as a minister by the wife of his uncle and the First Lady, Mrs. Turai Yar’Adua.

“In fact, the First Lady set up a team, made up of the loyalists of his husband and members of Yar’Adua’s family.

“The ministerial nominee (Murtala) shunned the team led by a former minister, known to be very close to the President and some members of the family when they visited him to deliver the message from her sister-in-law to decline the offer of appointment by Jonathan.

“The ministerial nominee said he was not persuaded by the line of argument of the team that his appointment into Jonathan’s government could create a wrong impression in the public that the Yar’Adua family had abandoned their son (President) and that the family had endorsed Jonathan presidency.

“The eldest son of the late Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, Maj.-Gen. Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, told the team that he had accepted the offer and he had pledged his loyalty and support for the Acting President.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003252542456
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Beaf: 1:10am On Mar 25, 2010
The "owners" of the country have started again! sad
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by hermosa(f): 6:16am On Mar 25, 2010
don't believe evrything u read on the media,
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by nethacker(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2010
r u sure this dirty last-lady first lady is not insane? angry angry OMG!!! i wish ribadu was around,all those emisseries go pass lakechad run comot grin grin
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by princekevo(m): 7:51am On Mar 25, 2010
This country is no man's business. It get me upset when some people believe and act as if they are the owner of the country. In their mind they believe Yaradead Nephew accepting the ministerial post is a good thing for Jonathan to buy favour from Yaradead's family. I wonder why Jonathan even nominated him in the first place, am yet to read the profile of this Nephew.
Can someone pls post the profile if you got it or the link.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by marvix(m): 8:16am On Mar 25, 2010
Please lets leave Turai alone she can act sentimentally at least thats why she is a woman. Murtala has a mind of his own, anybody can advise and it is left to him to make a decision. This is not the first time something like this is creeping up in the family, in the first republic Umaru chose to be in a party opposing the family and the party he supported won elections but when he was to be nominated into that government his family prevailed on him and Yaradua obliged, so it is should be left to the young man and his family.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by deltalife(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2010
princekevo:

This country is no man's business. It get me upset when some people believe and act as if they are the owner of the country. In their mind they believe Yaradead Nephew accepting the ministerial post is a good thing for Jonathan to buy favour from Yaradead's family. I wonder why Jonathan even nominated him in the first place, am yet to read the profile of this Nephew.
Can someone pls post the profile if you got it or the link.
I think Jonathan is just trying to be fractional. However if for any reason the guy misbehaves, he can as well be sacked without
much consultation. But the fat is that the guy is very reasonable.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by igboboy1(m): 9:55am On Mar 25, 2010
Jonathan don fall my hand, We need leaders with balls and not woman wrapper.

I know say north go vex but we need to say enuff is enuf if we want to move forward, Stop licking their arse and pick someone fresh///
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by ifyegede(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
Uncle Joe just released a very suspicious list of ministerial nominees which includes one Murtala Yar'adua. 1st it was Musa, then the invincible& ailing Umar, now its Murtala. Is Nigeria doomed to ever favour and reward the Yar'adua's family?
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
I think obasanjo might have hand in this.the guy's inclusion is aim at causing fraction in the yaradua family possibly to weaken turai.s grip on jonathan.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by nobility2: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
Jonathan shows that he is not competent for the president.To cry loud and clear ya'radua is still the president as at today why should any of his family be nominated as a minister again, this is ridiculous on Jonathan part.Yaradua is still collecting salary while all his family bills is still under the Nigeria cover.If national assembly are body to recone with I would have suggested the impeachment of both ya'radua and incompetent Jonathan forthwith.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by 18platoon(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
I think its done to spite turai cos they're in good terms, the guy is cool.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by youngies(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
Whereas it is within Turai's right to advice Murtala to reject the nomination, it is also within Murtala's right to reject her advice and accept the nomination.
It is no bigee
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by bisiaet: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
It is very unfortunate that Turai is making things worst for herslf pls for heaven sake does this woman has no good friend or a responsible family at all that can give her a true advise ? What I expect a wife, a mother to do in this situation is how her husband will wake up from his slumber gather up her kids to stand beside their ailling father, support him and care for him but instead she was busy with those Aso Rock "rats thinking they can make things better for her very unfortunate she nreally needs help and a true adviser.

As per the Nephew I think the guy has every right to go in which direction he likes it was Yar 'adua that sick not him, and this is an opportunity for him too to make his landmark and for his name to be writen in Nigeria history as once a minister. He should ignore all those "cabal and cankerworms" parading themselve as a patroitic Nigeria whereas they are Nigeria Cancer.

He(The Nephew) should just know that he either belief it or not Yar 'adua can not and will never rule Nigeria again if even he(Yar' adua) wake up today is already too late, Yar'adua issue is already forgone issue the only thing that remain of him is just to be taken out of Aso Rock to his village that is all because every Nigeria are very upset with him, his wife and the so called cabals" And either he belief it or not no one will cast a single vote for Yardua again in this country infact for an Hausa to get vote fron southern and the eastern part of Nigeria it will take the grace of God because God has really exposed them so much, all now know who they and what they wanted to door stand for.

"
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by beystwin: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
Is Murtala Yar’Adua competent? If he is, then he is good to go. wink
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by desgiezd(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
nobility 2:

Jonathan shows that he is not competent for the president.To cry loud and clear ya'radua is still the president as at today why should any of his family be nominated as a minister again, this is ridiculous on Jonathan part.Yaradua is still collecting salary while all his family bills is still under the Nigeria cover.If national assembly are body to recone with I would have suggested the impeachment of both ya'radua and incompetent Jonathan forthwith.

The issue here is far more important than mere salaries being collected by uncle and nephew. This is real politics and it should be seen as such. With this, it will be difficult for Turai to galvanise the entire Yar Adua family against Jonathan because there would be divisions.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by vigasimple(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
In one word, it is called NEPOTISM unless JG can show how the guy, and the like of Anneih's wife are qualified?
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
Jonathan is pandering to the northern mafia.sign of doom times ahead
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by 18platoon(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
Its done to spite turai cos they're NOT in good terms with the guy, and the rest of SHEHU's immidiate family, look this politicians know more than we know that's sometimes we'll be asking how on earth will they take some decisions.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2010
vigasimple:

In one word, it is called NEPOTISM unless JG can show how the guy, and the like of Anneih's wife are qualified?
what is nepotism here.are they from bayelsa?.murtala accepted the appointment because he was abandoned by his uncle umar yaradua.he was never given any appoimtment due to turai's influence on yaradua.its not nepotism but pure politics
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by akwaowoudo(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
He's a good fellow. When the Uncle and wife were enjoying the national cake given to them because of the fellow's dad of blessed memory, did they share with him? He came to this world alone and he has to live the way it pleases him. Keep moving young man!
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
akwaowoudo:

He's a good fellow. When the Uncle and wife were enjoying the national cake given to them because of the fellow's dad of blessed memory, did they share with him? He came to this world alone and he has to live the way it pleases him. Keep moving young man!
nigeria politicians no get shame.i doubt if such thing can happen in a developed democracy
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by desgiezd(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
Let us remember it was the same tactics OBJ used to break Atiku's back when he choose Yar Adua knowing that choosing Yar Adua would split the PDM camp and reduce many of the members' loyalty to Atiku - What an irony! that same tactics in now being applied against Umaru.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
His The scion of the Yar’Adua family, Murtala is the son of the late Shehu Musa Yar’Adua. A member of the board of Bank PHB, the president’s nephew has business interest in different sectors of the economy. i think they grooming him for future political office by giving him this ministerial appointment.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by sulad82i(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
Yet another one, they are about to compensate the Yar'adua again. Why cant my family have a secure deal like that.
Anyway, watch very well, thats going to be 9ja president one day.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
sulad82i:

Yet another one, they are about to compensate the Yar'adua again. Why cant my family have a secure deal like that.
this is nigeria where anything can happen.never under-estimate the power of pdp.
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by jpphilips(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2010
Just hoping he will be appointed Minister for Information at least we can know where they are hiding his uncle.
A reliable source i will call it. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
jp philips:

Just hoping he will be appointed Minister for Information at least we can know where they are hiding his uncle.

Lol
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by dualctizen: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
pdp is freemasons in disguise, anything can happen!
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
dualctizen:

pdp is freemasons in disguise, anything can happen!

Nigeria will rise again
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by beystwin: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
sulad82i:

Funny you should say that, the Yar'aduas are the Kennedys of Naija.  cheesy
Re: Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination by desgiezd(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
jp philips:

Whaoo!! Thats a nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Members Of Boko Harm Killed Today In Damaturu / UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA: Buhari Proposes The Change Of Name / Six Things Nigerian Government Can Do To Quell Down Biafra Agitation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.