Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth (1922 Views)

Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth / Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / Lady Who Died During Childbirth Yet To Be Buried Over Money To Buy Coffin.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2017
To the doctors in the house or those that know about this, am writing this on behalf of someone that isn't well educated but confided in me thinking i know about it. i then promise to ask people that knows much about it and get back to her...Well she gave birth last year and had tears, she got stitched and it seemed all fine not until some days later when she tried using the toilet, the stitched part got loosed and didnt get to heal much till now.She feels pain during sex sometime from the part that got loosed and air gets into her vagina when she bends abruptly been naked,she needs to know things to be done to stop the pain and if anything can be done also to avoid air getting into her vagina when she bends naked.She surely does not want to go for another stitch because the last she had isnt healed completely till now and she wants to avoid the pain.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by ifyalways(f): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
To the doctors in the house or those that know about this, am writing this on behalf of someone that isn't well educated but confided in me thinking i know about it. i then promise to ask people that knows much about it and get back to her...Well she gave birth last year and had tears, she got stitched and it seemed all fine not until some days later when she tried using the toilet, the stitched part got loosed and didnt get to heal much till now.She feels pain during sex sometime from the part that got loosed and air gets into her vagina when she bends abruptly been naked,she needs to know things to be done to stop the pain and if anything can be done also to avoid air getting into her vagina when she bends naked.She surely does not want to go for another stitch because the last she had isnt healed completely till now and she wants to avoid the pain.
She has to go back to the hospital,either the one she used before or a new one.

Besides the pain, the health risks are numerous.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2017
ifyalways:

She has to go back to the hospital,either the one she used before or a new one.

Besides the pain, the health risks are numerous.
Sorry enlighten me better on the health implications so i will know how to put it all to her
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by internationalman(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2017
My lips are tight...
I don't know what d OP is talking about.

When I saw tears I thought he meant water from d eyes when someone cries.

As for d other tears I have no idea.. maybe d commenters below might have an idea.
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2017
internationalman:
My lips are tight...
I don't know what d OP is talking about.

When I saw tears I thought he meant water from d eyes when someone cries.

As for d other tears I have no idea.. maybe d commenters below might have an idea.
lol
tearing of the vagina...it gets cut so as to allow the baby come out from the vagina easily...it happens mainly if the baby is too big or if the cervix is too small
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by olasmith10(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2017
She needs to visit a doctor as the opening in the tear could give room for infection. Let her understand that OTC treatment isn't the best for her..OTC more or less means self medication (Over the counter)
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
Sorry enlighten me better on the health implications so i will know how to put it all to her
I'm not a doctor but number one risk is infection : she can and will easily get all sorts of infection from there if it's truly torn and open.

Take her to the hospital to see a gyn/Obs

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Ginaruby: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:

It's normal for some persons after child birth,

She should stop having sex for at least 2 months

She should seat ontop of a bucket of hot water with a little dettol so the steam can be felt

She should also use towel in hot water to damp it morning and night it will heal and close up

NO SEX. But after two months and there is no improvement see a doctor.
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Ginaruby:

She should seat ontop of a bucket of hot water with a little dettol so the steam can be felt

She should also use towel in hot water to damp it morning and night it will heal and close up

Thanks cause considering the fact about the money she would have to spend seeing a gynaecologist...
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by ifyalways(f): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2017
Ginaruby:

Please stop!

It's not all stitches that require sitz bath, in fact, sitz bath opens up and tears some stitches. I just don't understand how you can comfortably offer solutions to something as delicate as this without knowing her history.

OP, please disregard this especially the hot water thing.

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by ifyalways(f): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
Thanks cause considering the fact about the money she would have to spend seeing a gynaecologist...
May God help us in this country cry

Honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by ifyalways(f): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2017
olasmith10:
She needs to visit a doctor as the opening in the tear could give room for infection. Let her understand that OTC treatment isn't the best for her..OTC more or less means self medication (Over the counter)
Well said but will he adhere. He's already lamenting about money but God forbid anything goes wrong he will rush online to blog/write about how a certain hospital /doctor killed a woman with their incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by internationalman(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
lol
tearing of the vagina...it gets cut so as to allow the baby come out from the vagina easily...it happens mainly if the baby is too big or if the cervix is too small
My God..
Why not give birth through C-section instead
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
internationalman:

My God..
Why not give birth through C-section instead
well i think thats worse
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by internationalman(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
well i think thats worse
Well with good doctors it's d safest means of delivery.
My aunt abroad has never for once given birth d Normal way b4 not bcoz of complications or anything of d sort.
She just intentionally opts for C-section bcoz of the less pain.
And also bcoz she knows she's always in good Doctor's hand.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
internationalman:

Well with good doctors it's d safest means of delivery.
My aunt abroad has never for once given birth d Normal way b4 not bcoz of complications or anything of d sort.
She just intentionally opts for C-section bcoz of the less pain.
And also bcoz she knows she's always in good Doctor's hand.
well its not as if having the tears is risky...its heals quicker than c-section, less painful, less stress also less risky

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by internationalman(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
well its not as if having the tears is risky...its heals quicker than c-section, less painful, less stress also less risky
maybe I'm scared bcoz I am hearing it for d first time.
And it would probably have been less complicated if were a medical practitioner or If I had given birth b4
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by Shegzy8(m): 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
internationalman:

maybe I'm scared bcoz I am hearing it for d first time.
And it would probably have been less complicated if were a medical practitioner or If I had given birth b4

I think so many women get that after child birth..you just don't know
Re: Urgent Advice For Someone Who Had Tears During Childbirth by womanofsteel: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Shegzy8:
Tell her to go to a health centre and see a doc or one of the nurses there. It will cost her nothing.

Usually when you have episectomy during childbirth, don't be in a hurry to have sex till you heal very very properly. Some may take up to 3-6 months depending on body system.

(1) (Reply)

Itchy Rashes On My Penis / Is The White Vitamin C Better? / What Causes Sickness, Why Do People Fall Sick And What To Do When Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.