Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

High Increase In Pickpocketing And One Chance Activities In Lagos Bustops. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / High Increase In Pickpocketing And One Chance Activities In Lagos Bustops. (317 Views)

What's The Reason For The Increase In Alcohol Intake Among Youth Today? / One Chance Woman Caught And Stripped Unclad At Onitsha Main Market (video) / Nigerian Army  "people Following Him Have Entered Into A One-chance Vehicle". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High Increase In Pickpocketing And One Chance Activities In Lagos Bustops. by ejiksman4sureyahoocom(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
My experience on Monday 20/11/2017 at Anthony bustop at about 4:10PM.

I was on a journey from the East and alighted at Anthony bustop, and was carrying my travelling bag on one hand and a polythene bag on the hand, with my phone and wallet on my right and left jeans pockets respectively.

Just for me to board a danfo bus to take me to Onipanu bustop, my phone was removed from pocket by the so called "passenger-disguised one chance" people. I suspect they have monitored me at bustop before and had called the driver who just dashed out with the bus and was calling for passengers with conductor and one person in the front seat.

I boarded the bus, and as I looked back, those people struggling to enter the bus with me came down claiming they were going to Oshodi, and not Onipanu which was announced by the conductor. The conductor told me to go to front seat which I did and immediately he started demanding for #150 charge just from "Anthony bustop to Onipanu bustop" instead of #50 normal charge.

On the process, I decided to alight as the driver headed through the highway as opposed to the usual service lane they take, and I was not comfortable with the other occupants who never wanted me to see their faces, but just discovered as I stepped down from the bus that my phone has been removed from pocket.

My advice, NEVER board a bus with about TWO or THREE people inside in Lagos BUSTOPS.
They have their accomplices in those respective bustops who will disguise as passengers to create a rush in bid to rob you of your belongings.

They are terrible and I know very soon their cups will full.
Beware!

(1) (Reply)

2019: Buhari May Pick Tinubu / Ode To Muhammad Buhari / Misuse Of December Na January Go Judge!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.