Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? (3252 Views)

Sew Your Wedding Agbada In A Week At An Affordable Rate / Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) / Tailors Strike Swiftly As They Re-create Knockoff Version Of Ebuka's Agbada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by bamoski(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
I noticed that the yorubas claim ownership of the agbada attire, but there are over 200 ethnic groups in this country.

I see the hausa, Nupe, igbira, igala, idoma, tiv, jukum etc use the agbada as their traditional attire also.

So I ask again, why do the yorubas believe they own the agbada attire?

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by darkenkach(m): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Agbada and Babariga are they the same?

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by adem30: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Land grapper, You don start another one abi. Go chop the agbada o
Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by DanseMacabre(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Na Igbo people get am. Yoruba people just pirate am. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by python1: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
adem30:
Abi o! grin grin. Na dem get everything, infact, na dem get the universe. grin grin
Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by bamoski(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44 this question deserves an answer.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by bamoski(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Abi o! grin grin. Na dem get everything, infact, na dem get the universe. grin grin

I asked a simple question, if you don't have the answer you better shut up and get the Bleep out of the thread.

adem30:

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by totit: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
bamoski:
I noticed that the yorubas claim ownership of the agbada attire, but there are over 200 ethnic groups in this country.

I see the hausa, Nupe, igbira, igala, idoma, tiv, jukum etc use the agbada as their traditional attire also.

My brother, there is no other tribe owns it than ' yoruba' and that's why the word ' agbada ' is derived from yoruba language. Mind you, housa has their own similar to that style but not agbada.
As you can see agbada ' is yoruba language, right.

We have agbada,danshiki,,buba and shokoto,kembe et al.

Thank you.

Proudly yoruba mehnnn cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by SoNature(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Joblessness has finished this country! Every second people are creating senseless posts to spark avoidable arguments!

E no go ever beta for the man that did this to Nigerian youths

SMH
Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by MayorofLagos(m): 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
bamoski:

Agbada is a wear across the savannah. All peoples of Savannah wear agbada, they wear kaftan and they wear buba. Yoruba is a member of Savannah Belt.

Above Savannah you have Sahel Belt. In the Sahel they also wear agbada but in addition, they wear turban to insulate the head and face against the scorching heat of the Sun.

Below Savannah you have Guinea or Coastal belt. People of the coast tie loin clothes.

So agbada is worn in both Sahel, where Hausa is, and Savannah, where Yoruba is.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by FabulousVee: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2023
We sew and deliver anywhere in Nigeria
1- Tunics and Trousers
2- Vintage shirts and shorts
3 - Agbada and wedding caps
4- ladies mini gown
5- unisex wears for ladies and men
6 - jalamia
We sew and deliver a week after your first 80% payment
Your Fashion is our concern and we work without no delays , a trial will convince you
Call/WhatsApp- 08144210184
✂️✂️✂️
Re: Who Really Owns Agbada In Nigeria? by FabulousVee: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2023
FabulousVee:
We sew and deliver anywhere in Nigeria
1- Tunics and Trousers
2- Vintage shirts and shorts
3 - Agbada and wedding caps
4- ladies mini gown
5- unisex wears for ladies and men
6 - jalamia
We sew and deliver a week after your first 80% payment
Your Fashion is our concern and we work without no delays , a trial will convince you
Call/WhatsApp- 08144210184
✂️✂️✂️

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful High-heeled Nude Shoes For Sale / Must Have Shoes For Every Woman / Nigerian Transgender, Ms Sahhara Pours Out Cleavage In New Sexy Lingerie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.