Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (2235 Views)

Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Sir Ahmadu Bello Didn't Like Luxury; He Loved Them" / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by salamudeen(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
''Ina Sardauna? Where is the Sardauna?” Nzeogwu shouted, pointing his gun at him but the man kept shaking his head asserting no knowledge of the Sardauna’s location.

“If you won’t tell me where your master is, I’ll kill you,” Nzeogwu screamed at him in Hausa.

“Okay, okay,” the man replied fearfully and led Nzeogwu to the annex of the building. Three other soldiers followed Nzeogwu while Waribor and the rest returned to the staging area where the guns were manned.

As Nzeogwu approached the adjoining rooms the man was leading them to, he heard screams and cries of women and children.

“We will not allow you out there,” the Sardauna’s eldest wife, Hafsatu, daughter of Mallam Abbas, the Waziri of Sokoto, spoke defiantly.

“But I have to go. They are here for me not for you. You have to be strong. I have to go out there,” the Sardauna pleaded. The other wives, with their children, were rattling their prayer beads in the midst of sobs.

As the Sardauna turned to go, Hafsatu held him firm in a tight embrace and wouldn’t allow him move. Zaruni, the Sardauna’s head of guard came in and alerted the Premier that the soldiers were approaching the annex but promised to defend the family with his life and that of his men.

“Zaruni, I know you must do your duty but my safety is in God's hands,” the Sardauna said.

“No, you can’t die, you won’t die,” Hafsatu screamed in Hausa.

As she was crying, they heard gunshots outside. At this moment, Zaruni drew his bow and stood guard before the Sardauna and his family. With another sound of gunshots from his SMG, Nzeogwu kicked hard at the doors with his boots, which flung open and on sighting Zaruni, shot the poor guard who dropped dead at once, with his bow and arrows.

In the midst of the dark and screams of the women and children, Nzeogwu shouted, “Where’s the Sardauna?” But the women would not allow him move. Even the children were clinging to their mothers.

At last, the Premier managed to wriggle himself free from his wives but the eldest, Hafsatu, held on to him as he spoke.

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” With those words, Nzeogwu shot thrice at him; a bullet hitting his jaw, his wife, Hafsatu and his babban riga which penetrated his lower abdomen and lodged in his spinal cord.

The Sardauna and his wife fell with a loud thud to the screams of the women and children at the loudest decibels. It was music to Nzeogwu’s ears. The mission had been accomplished. He had satisfied his blood lust and his enraged eyes were returning to their former calm state. He blew the whistle to signal the end of the mission. Operation Damisa had finally come to an end.

As he approached the gate, he met Waribor and his men of the Charlie Company.

“Did you get the man?” Waribor asked.

“Yes, I got him,” Nzeogwu answered assuredly. He turned to the rest of the soldiers after he had got out of the gate and spoke triumphantly, “I have been successful, he’s dead.”

With that, they packed their remnants, got inside their landrovers and proceeded to their next mission unchallenged leaving the Sardauna’s residence in a glory of its former self. It was 2:45am and the harshness of the harmattan had just begun.

Source: A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat by Ayomide Akinbode

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alariiwo: 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
All because they want Ironsi an Igbo man to take over..

Now I understand why North will never allow igbos rule this country again. Such callous and wreckless behavior from those Eastern coup plotters.

6 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Amarabae(f): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

Now I understand why North will never allow igbos rule this country again. Such callous and wreckless behavior from those Eastern coup plotters.
Cry us a River

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by gidgiddy: 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

Well considering thst the same Northerners slaughtered Igbos in Kano in 1945 and under the Saduana in Jos in 1953, the killing of Sarduana should not come as a surprise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alariiwo: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Amarabae:

Cry us a River

Stop quoting me cos I won't ever reply you again.
Look elsewher for your playmates

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Amarabae(f): 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

Stop quoting me cos I won't ever reply you again.
Look elsewher for your playmates
continue crying And pouring saliva all over Igbo matter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alariiwo: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Amarabae:
continue crying And pouring saliva all over Igbo matter

One word of advice.. Channel your energy on your husband (that's if atal you have any) and kid.
Stop jumping from one section to another on Nairaland from morning till night everyday. Make yourself useful in one way or another or betterstill learn a trade.

BYE!

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Amarabae(f): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

One word of advice.. Channel your energy on your husband (that's if atal you have any) and kid.
Stop jumping from one section to another on Nairaland from morning till night everyday. Make yourself useful in one way or another or betterstill learn a trade.

BYE!
have you cried today on every Igbo thread?
Lols.
Keep whining and jumping like someone on heat period in Igbo issues

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alariiwo: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Amarabae:
have you cried today on every Igbo thread?
Lols.
Keep whining and jumping like someone on heat period in Igbo issues

Oh, I forgot to add.. you're so fvcking ugly, same as your character.

And your English sucks too.. Just too poor

Bye bye!

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by CrtlAltDel: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

They are cowards, backstbbers and self centered

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alariiwo: 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

They are cowards, bactabbers and self centered

GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!

I over concur
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Amarabae(f): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

Oh, I forgot to add.. you're so fvcking ugly, same as your character.

And your English sucks too.. Just too poor

Bye bye!
lols.
Is it your ugly?
Go and learn a skill today and be productive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by ZorGBUooeh: 2:25am On Nov 23, 2017
Alariiwo:

Waribor ad nzeogwu are all ibos baa?Na ibo matter go kill you..Go ad write it down.

5 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 23, 2017
he died a bigot.

supervised the killing of Igbos.. and other southern minorities..

he has deep hatred for hardworking igbos and minorities..

He's a religious fanatic..

he has the intention to islamise nigeria... thru subtle using it as a yardstick for jobs and office appointment..

etc..

he's not a saint and can never be..except for the Afonja head knackers who worship him..

op no sentiments on this..

nzeogwu has to do what he did to save this "great nation"..

nobody should be bigger than nigeria.. even mugabe ain't bigger than Zimbabwe after all.

he got served..no sentiments on board..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by salamudeen(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2017
bounty007:
he died a bigot.

supervised the killing of Igbos.. and other southern minorities..

he has deep hatred for hardworking igbos and minorities..

He's a religious fanatic..

he has the intention to islamise nigeria... thru subtle using it as a yardstick for jobs and office appointment..

etc..

he's not a saint and can never be..except for the Afonja head knackers who worship him..

op no sentiments on this..

nzeogwu has to do what he did to save this "great nation".. Haba Oga i know you have no idea but continue

nobody should be bigger than nigeria.. even mugabe ain't bigger than Zimbabwe after all.

he got served..no sentiments on board..

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIANS!!!! Prepare For The Worst / Amb Godknows Igali: Could This Be The Beginning For Bayelsa State? — Wabiye Idon / South East Security Network: Ogbunigwe Logo Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.