Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,632 members, 7,844,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking (718 Views)

Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) / FIFA Women’s Rankings: Nigeria Drops To 38th Position, U.S Retains Top Spot / Super Eagles Drop 9 Places In FIFA Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by Danielnino00(m): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2017
In what will come as a surprise to many, despite putting up a fine performance by going through the World Cup qualifiers unbeaten and easing past perennial rivals Argentina, the Super Eagles dropped 9 places in the latest FIFA ranking released Thursday to become 50th in the world and 9th in Africa.

Nigerians will have expected to have a better ranking as against the 41st it got the last time it was released but that was not the case.
Countries like Congo DR, Burkina Faso, and even Cameroon that have not looked anything like African Champions since their Continental triumph still rank above Nigeria.
Although the ranking will have no impact on the World Cup group stage draw billed for December 1st, countries will use this for bragging rights and see this as a moral booster heading into their next international assignment.
According to the ranking, the top 5 teams in Africa are; Senegal, Tunisia, Egypt, Congo DR, Morrocco, which makes Nigeria the only qualified team not in the top 5 of Africa.
The next FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be published on 21 December 2017.
Below is a list of the 10 best teams in Africa and world according to the release

TOP 10 teams in Africa
Senegal
Tunisia
Egypt
Congo DR
Morrocco
Burkina Faso
Cameroon
Nigeria
Ghana

TOP 10 teams in the world
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Spain
Poland
Switzerland
France
Chile

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/nigeria-drop-9-places-latest-fifa-ranking-now-50th-world/

CC: Seun,Lalasticalala, Semid4lyfe, honeric01

Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by spy24(m): 11:29am On Nov 23, 2017
How ?
Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2017
Dear Nigerians,
FIFA ranking is b.s just forget about it keep playing good football.
When Nigeria failed to qualify for two AFCON in a row we rose to 35 in the world without playing a competitive game now after an unbeaten run defeatin a top ten in the world and another top 3 team in Africa We dropped instead.
FIFA uses a very archaic system.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by gwhizy283(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2017
Jeez so awkward.....was actually thinking we 'll improve from 41st to top 30 in the world only to drop 9 places with our recent runs.....now I knkw fifa ranking is a joke.
Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by danduj(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2017
How is this even possible??

Even Cameroon is above us

Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by zoechris: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2017
FIFA. Why now?after defeating argentina
Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by Kamelot77(m): 11:58am On Nov 23, 2017
Finally agreed dis FIFA ranking is a trash, without losing any match we still drop, beat one of d top rank team, Cameroon nd Dr Congo ahead us show FIFA are crazy
Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by mazimee(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
I swear, fifa Ranking is a scam
Re: Nigeria Drops To 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking by webizone(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
When we had Yakubu and co. playing the worst football of our career back then, we were around 20. I knew back then it was a stupid ranking system. That was why Czech rep was ranked no. 2 in the world in 2006 and were thrashed 3-0 by Ghana( I think was around 45) @ the world cup. It surprised me then. But now I know why. Fifa uses fake ranking to create shock factors and keep the game lively so that they can keep making money. If you base your betting ticket on the ranking, you are On Your Own o.

(1) (Reply)

All Party Parliamentary Group / Croatian Coach Writes Off Mikel, Iwobi / Everton Want Super Eagle Captain Mikel Obi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.