Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,086 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Why You Want Your Children To Play Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why You Want Your Children To Play Football (361 Views)

Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert / Danny Welbeck May Not Play Football Again - UK Doctor / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Want Your Children To Play Football by Footballyarn(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2017
Nowadays what we hear from the mouth of parents is “My son must be a Footballer”.Unlike in the past when most of them want their children to be Lawyers, Doctors, Engineers etc.

In the past, you dare not go up to your parent and say you want to be Footballer. What they always expect you to come and tell them is “I want to be a Lawyer, Doctor or Engineer etc”.

I remember back then when my neighbours would get punished by their parents for leaving the house to go play football.I remember when their parents would always ring it to their ears that playing football is for the illiterates, less privileged, drop outs, and street children etc.

This conception about Footballers seem to have changed as the years goes by, and the world especially in Nigeria where the people are beginning to see the importance of letting your Children follow their passion in playing Football, that is if they really want to play football.

Most parents who worked all day and night to “discourage” their children from playing football, some went ahead to tear or cut their Children’s playing boots, burn their children training jerseys etc. Most of those parents are now biting their fingers in regret, as they are now aware that they had successfully killed their children’s passion and dreams.

Today Footballers now earn higher than the Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers etc and are now respected and famous people. These days, the love of sport has increased more than 100% as compared to how it was in the past. Everybody want to be entertained and FootballFootball is the most watched sport.

Now, parents take their wards to different Football Academies ,Encourage them to play football even when they really don’t have the passion.

Even those without Children, now pray for their unborn children to become footballers like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc.

Nowadays, it is very difficult to see who really has the passion for Football or who really were being forced play football.

And to some people, your children destiny might not be to play football, everybody can’t play football. There are lot of talents in Nigeria but not even upto half of them are known.

Your children might even disagree with you not to play football even if you insist,while some, even if you take them to the best football academies is the world, they won’t still be great football players.

http://www.gabafrica.com/2017/11/09/why-you-want-your-children-to-play-football/

(1) (Reply)

Barca Board & Coaches Split Over Bid For Arsenal's Ozil / Highlight Manchester United Vs AFC Bournemouth 1:0 / Sure Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.