Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student (1013 Views)

Security Men Harass A Student Of Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (Video) / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? / 4 Things That Must Be On Your Daily To Do List As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student by glaber: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
One of the worst nightmare as a student is being broke, I have been down the road and I know how it feels. With loads of expenses and little coming from home, you start to think of how to make to make passive income on your end to offset your expenses in school.
Many have wondered, are there really sure ways to legitimately make money as a student without affecting your studies, well, the good news is yes, as a matter of fact, there are a thousand and one ways to go about that, but in this post we’ll only be reviewing 10 mosts viable ventures you can run as student.

Note though that these ventures are not get rich quick kinda scheme, it requires effort just like anything worthwhile, and also try to resist the urge to write this off as not viable without trying it out with the grace of a little patience.

NOTE: This list is in no particular order since circumstance differs for everyone, it's up to you to decide which you think is going to work best for you.

1. ONLINE REGISTRATION: This is perhaps the most thriving business in campuses, with printing, photocopying, and all other paperwork usually sidelined with it. If you have a laptop with internet access and a printer, you can start the venture, doing online registration for your fellow students. One beauty of this business is that there is an already made market which is soo conducive to your business to thrive.

2. BRANDING/T-SHIRT CUSTOMIZATION: This business has enjoyed the love and attention of fashion lovers lately and the love is on the rise so to speak. As a student you can take advantage of this situation to rake in some cash, You can design Customised T-shirts, wristbands, mufflers and other trendy fashionable wears for Classes, Departments, Faculties, Associations, group of friends etc. But I dont know how to customize shirts you may ask, well, as it were, branding is a trade which require mastery to pratice, but the good news is, its a trade which is relatively fast to learn, am I speaking of years? No, am speaking of months, knew someone that trains people on this in just three months, you can enroll at a local customizing shop around you.

3. HOME TUTORING: You can hold private classes for secondary school students/staff kids. Parents in the university community and its environs value education a lot and are always willing to pay a good teacher who could properly coach their kids and wards on subjects of interest at home. Private classes are usually billed on hourly basis. You just have to workout a timetable that will be suitable for you and your client. You can also record video of you teaching various topics and sell to the students.

4. PHONE/COMPUTER REPAIR: Do you know how to repair phone or computer? Then I need not school you on how much money can make with your skill, all you need do is put yourself out there on campus, spread the word about what you do and also you can do what has helped for many, get an A4 paper detailing what you offer with your contact and place them at strategic locations on campus.

5. GRAPHIC DESIGN: If you are very good with Coreldraw, Photoshop or other graphic design software, this is a big business opportunity for you as there are always activities/events on campuses which require posters and fliers for promotion. Your work will speak for you and you will continue to get clients from far and near. You can also be contracted to design yearbooks and basically anything that require great designs.

6. SEARCH FOR ON-CAMPUS JOBS: Periodically, there are part time job openings for students on campus. For instance, some school libraries offer and opportunities for “shelve keepers” – their job is to go to the library every evening and re-arrange accordingly the books used earlier in the day by students in the library. There are also opportunities for Students Journalists. In the Records departments, students are periodically employed to help sort old students records. Even the security department can have jobs for Student Informants.
You just need to have few staff friends to inform you whenever such opportunities come up

7. SELLING OF WEARS: I consider It an understatement to say student love wears, indeed, they’ll stop at nothing to get latest footwear or snickers in town, they sure love looking good. That’s all you need to know, If you can save enough to buy wears, footwears, hoodies or any fashion accessory at retail price them market them on campus, or it might even be the well reknowned used clothes(Akube), you’ll be very surprised at how well your ministry will grow.

8. SELL YOUR SKILL: What do you have a knack for? Do you find it easy using musical instrument? Or are you a badass dj? Whatever skill you have can turn out to be a gold mine for you, if You put it to commercial use on campus, by creating proper awareness about yourself and your skill. A simple notice printed on an A4 paper with details of the services you offer and how you could be contacted is enough to get you, clients when pasted in strategic positions around campus.

You can as well sell your services online on sites like Fiverr, olx etc.
9. BLOGGING: You have probably heard enchanted stories about blogging, and the beautiful truth is, the business is open all, as a student you can start a blog and make money off it. Although there is more to blogging than am gonna divulge in, in our next post am gonna write a full guide to a successful blog as a student, make sure to check back in.

10. SCHOLARSHIPS: over the years many organizations and bodies have risen to the aid of students by offering to pay academically sound students, for their tuitions and welfare. Some of this bodies are;
· Mtn
· Agbami
· Federal Government
Just to mention a few, be informed that word will always out this blog when any scholarship is out, just make sure to always check back in to be notified.

CONCLUSION

Like I said on the outset, there are a thousand and one ways to make money as a student, this is just 10 of em, all you need do is brainstorm, study your environment, and the rest will become apparent. We wish you more than success working out this tips.

Source: http://www.schooltipz.com/

cc Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student by Donald3d(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
Tell them o
Re: 10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student by boyejo123(m): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
what of Dry cleaning
Re: 10 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student by THUNDAR(m): 5:08am On Nov 24, 2017
You are a sense maker! I appreciate that!

(1) (Reply)

Can I Study Accounting @nasarawa State Uni With D7 In Maths? / This Is What Happens When You Don’t Accept Your Admission On JAMB CAPS / Photos From Laspotech @40 Talent Hunt Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.