Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed (1186 Views)

I Need A Professional Hacker. / Buy Game Of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-8 (DVD) / My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by techbloga: 2:30am On Nov 24, 2017
A federal grand jury has charged HBO alleged hacker, accused of ruining HBO’s summer.

A hacker in July allegedly hacked into HBO network and leaked a script for an upcoming episode of popular series “Game of Thrones,” as well as unreleased episodes of “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Ballers” and “The Deuce.” After which he Demanded $6 million in bitcoin from HBO and threatened to release more sensitive content if the media company doesn’t meet up.

The US FBI has already identified the HBO alleged hacker as Behzad Mesri from Iran, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday. The indictment came from a grand jury for the US District Court for the Southern District for New York.

Behzad Mesri, reportedly also known as “Skote Vahshat,” described as a highly skilled hacker who has worked for the Iranian military, attacking nuclear software, Israeli infrastructure and rival armies, according to the indictment. He has also been a member of the Turk Black Hat Security team, a hacking group based out of Iran that vandalized hundreds of websites around the world, the indictment states.

As funny as this may sound,
Joon Kim, An acting US attorney for the Southern District of New York, during a press conference on Tuesday said,

“Winter has come for Bezhad Mesri, He will forever be looking over his shoulder, and if he isn’t, he should be.”

HBO Media also declined to comment on the charges but said it has been working with law enforcement since the early stages of the cyber attack.

“As far as the criminal case is concerned, we prefer to leave any comments to the US Attorney’s Office,” Said an HBO spokesman.

In the threat, Beshad Mesri claimed to have 1.5 terabytes of HBO’s data and demanded $5.5 million in bitcoin. Three days later, Mesri allegedly bumped the ransom up to $6 million in bitcoin.

In communications with HBO, The HBO alleged hacker used the name “Little Finger,” a reference to a “Game of Thrones” character known for being devious and cunning. He also taunted the network with images, including a photo of the Night King from “Game of Thrones” with the message “Good luck to HBO,” according to the indictment.

On July 23, Mesri allegedly sent an anonymous email to HBO, stating: “Hi to All losers! Yes it’s true! HBO is hacked! … Beware of heart attack!!!”

Mesri is now on the FBI’s most wanted list. He’s been charged with accessing a computer without authorization, wire fraud, computer fraud, identity theft and extortion.

The charges against hackers outside the US serve more as a symbolic measure for the Justice Department, sending a message that there will be consequences for cyberattacks.

http://www.techsphere.com.ng/beshad-mesri-lawsuit-charges/

Lalasticlala
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Ishilove
Mynd44
Marpol
Abinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Guy...you get mind ooo...

I hail you dieeeeeeeee

Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by medexico(m): 3:30am On Nov 24, 2017
If I could hack ehn, I will just be spying on people throught their phone and laptops.
Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by medexico(m): 3:31am On Nov 24, 2017
But OP, it was not stated anywhere that he will be executed na
Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by oz4real83(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2017
The guy made a terrible mistake by hacking the wrong people. It is more profitable and successful to hack into corrupt politicians' bank accounts. If I had such talents,hack into any politician's account and steal billions,they won't even cry out because they can't provide proofs of how they made their billions and evidence of tax-payments without a known business address! I will just jejely be flexing my money grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by akunjohn(m): 3:36am On Nov 26, 2017
what a talent,how i wish to learn hacking... grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Alleged Hacker Sets To Be Executed by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2017
this guy should just hack all the banks 4 d world

(1) (Reply)

Best, Safe & Free Websites For Downloading Windows Software / *SOLD OUT* Hp 8540p Corei7, 15.6" 4gb Ram 320gb Hdd, 1gb Nvidia Graphics / Dell Laptop Core I5 For Sale (500gb, 4gb Ram) @ N56k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.