Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States (10171 Views)

As FG Moves To Recoup Budget Support Loans / Buhari Govt Moves To Recover N614 Billion From 35 States / FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by afroniger: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
Only Lagos State is not taking the loan.

What of Abuja?
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Mufasa27(m): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Na Xmas bonanza be dis.. grin
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by hivira: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by OreMI22: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Samusu:
Lazy ass leeches caked states

26% of federal revenue shared among 36 states + Abuja is Waaay too little for the massive role of states today in national development!

The Federal Government takes a whopping 54% of federal revenue. Yet, it has a fraction of the states civil servants and a tiny fraction of all capital projects executed by all the states combined with just 26% of the revenue!

Unless the Abacha revenue sharing formula which gave all his military administrators 26% to run all the states of nigeria which is still in use till date is discarded for a new formula that resembles the current realities where states are building highways, bridges and major projects,

Nigerian states funded almost as LGAs (20%) will not get to a break even funding threshold to invest in avenues to improve their IGR.

Many people in the APC Federal Government now campaigned for this unfair revenue formula against the states during the PDP years. But they have suddenly kept quiet now that they are in FG where they embezzle the too much money Abacha allocated to FG, while the states could barely pay salaries talk more of embark on any meaningful development.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Buhari4Hunger: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
Desyner:
Nl is a business. If a hot news is broken down into bits and taken to FP it will attracted more traffic.
Rip English
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Desyner: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:
Rip English
Rip SENSE
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Desyner: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
OreMI22:

26% of federal revenue shared among 36 states + Abuja is Waaay too little for the massive role of states today in national development!

The Federal Government takes a whopping 54% of federal revenue. Yet, it has a fraction of the states civil servants and a tiny fraction of all capital projects executed by all the states combined with just 26% of the revenue!

Unless the Abacha revenue sharing formula which gave all his military administrators 26% to run all the states of nigeria which is still in use till date is discarded for a new formula that resembles the current realities where states are building highways, bridges and major projects,

Nigerian states funded almost as LGAs (20%) will not get to a break even funding threshold to invest in avenues to improve their IGR.

Many people in the APC Federal Government now campaigned for this unfair revenue formula against the states during the PDP years. But they have suddenly kept quiet now that they are in FG where they embezzle the too much money Abacha allocated to FG, while the states could barely pay salaries talk more of embark on any meaningful development.
@The bold, how much does each of those 36 states contribute into the FG's purse? Over 75% of them are parasites because they are overall beneficiaries.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by AdultMaleNegro(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lagos didn't ask for loan because Ambode knows that at least 20 out of those 35 governors will divert the loan for personal use in order to invest in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Desyner: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:

Rip English
You registered on NL today and already have close to 20 posts which includes insulting a whole ethnic group, promoting fraud etc. I can see where you are coming from.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by iluvdonjazzy: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
Blue3k:

This is very interesting considering the economic growth was small. It seems business still heavily investing to improve productivity. It's a good sign. The only question I have is which sectors are importing most.

Front Page: lalasticlala
interesting ke? capital importation of $4.1 billion in Q3 and u are happy about it, what was the amount of capital importation of previous quarter?
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
Fayose even needs loan!!!! Collecting buhari loan

I see

When he can't manage small ekiti but seem to have all the answer to Nigeria's problems

I hail him and his shallow supporters
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Blue3k(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
interesting ke? capital importation of $4.1 billion in Q3 and u are happy about it, what was the amount of capital importation of previous quarter?

Yes capital imports are good because it grows business productivity. It's different from consumer good. Since you're too lazy to go to NBS website here's the information. I think Q3 coming out later this month.

The total value of capital imported into Nigeria in the second quarter of 2017 was estimated to be $1,792.3 million. This figure was $884.1 million more than the figure recorded in q1 2017, a growth of 95.02percent.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by iluvdonjazzy: 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Blue3k:

Yes capital imports are good because it's grows business productivity. It's different from consumer good. Since you're too lazy to go to NBS website here's the information. I think Q3 coming out later this month.

so why the insult? i tot u are educated.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Blue3k(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
so why the insult? i tot u are educated.

Sorry I hurt your feeling dude i guess I took your comment the wrong way.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Buhari4Hunger: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Desyner:
You registered on NL today and already have close to 20 posts which includes insulting a whole ethnic group, promoting fraud etc. I can see where you are coming from.
Why checking the number of my posts? Or is that where you want to draw your conclusion to the nonsense you just wrote.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Desyner: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:

Why checking the number of my posts? Or is that where you want to draw your conclusion to the nonsense you just wrote.
Please highlight the nonsense and stop being vague with your insulting posts atleast.
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by Solomonj10(m): 12:21am On Nov 25, 2017
hmmm
Re: FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States by adeoba2008(m): 2:50am On Nov 25, 2017
Why is Rivers taking that loan if I may ask?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Early Pictures From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi / Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP / Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.