Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Tithe Challenge: To Pay Or Not To Pay? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe Challenge: To Pay Or Not To Pay? (398 Views)

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tithe Challenge: To Pay Or Not To Pay? by phrankchek(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2017
Cold Morning,

Now, this tithe talk has been over the place for a while now. If you make a list of the most talked about topics in Nigeria in 2017 it will make top 10. Of course, after talks like BBN…. Python Dance…. etc. Ebuka’s agbada may as well make the list. Ok, let’s get to it. Someone shared this question yesterday – ” if you bought a Mercedes Benz car by grace… What of the unbelievers who manufactured it?” You may scarcely answer “what about them?” depending on the side of the divide you fall in. i.e If you’re a religious fanatic or not.

As the argument keeps brewing. Those against the idea of tithing lashing out at Ministers of the Gospel and their followers, the followers, on the other hand, throwing it back at them with the help of some chapters from the Bible and other dogmas. Some thought-provoking questions have to be asked and cleared in order to put things in order. When you try to understand how a Minister/Pastor has his own security details that follow him, but on Sunday morning tells his congregation that God’s divine security is the ultimate. You try to reason it. My pastor is protected both spiritually and manually .. sorry physically. But for me? I can only afford the spiritual subscription. My pastor’s children are outside the country schooling, my children are schooling in a dilapidated school owned by the Government. You see why these things don’t add up.

Nevertheless, be it tithe or not, the stone that stirred the quiet pool is the affluence lifestyle these pastors live. Examples as stated above. As for tithing. People have what they believe in and hold sacrosanct. You can believe in God, an idol, Science or whatever. Whichever one it is you believe you must have a way of feeding that which you believe with what it demands. And that’s the fact! But while on it. Do not lose yourself. Remember, “Give to God what belongs to God, and give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser”. And it won’t be fair to rob peter in order to pay paul. Religion is a very sensitive topic. I know, and it can get to extreme sometime. Just like a friend shared how a Witness told him blankly “I will rather let my only child die than save him through blood transfusion” Yeah…. I also froze as I heard that. That’s how far people can go with what they believe in. So don’t actually break your sweat while trying to decipher the mystery that makes God God for the reason why people do what they do to demonstrate that God is God in their lives.

Before we TGIF! Just know is just another weekend, so drink responsibly! haha.

Enjoy your weekend.

https://theyellowcitizen./2017/11/24/the-tithe-challenge-to-pay-or-not-to-pay/

(1) (Reply)

Inheritance / Youth Pastor Arrested After Killing Family On Thanksgiving!!! / What Does The Bible Say About Lateness Or Been Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.