Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

**PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! (1159 Views)

Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2011 With V4 Engine And Leather Seats Available At 3.2m / 2010 Model Toyota Venza Le V4 Engine Toks Super White / Distress: Registered Manual Toyota Camry 2008 with v4 engine Available At 1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2017
The most common and most sought after engine types (configuration) in Nigeria are the 4 plug and V6 engines.

Please THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A V4 ENGINE!

The "V" term in V6, V8, V12 etc. engines are as a result of the alignment of the cylinders and pistons of the engines. They're arranged to form a V-shape when viewed from certain angles. This arrangement saves space.

On the other hand, 4 plug engines have four cylinders. They're mostly (if not always) arranged in a straight line, all cylinders on one row. Hence the terms "straight line 4" or "i4" 'cos they have an i-shape when viewed from certain angles.

Kindly share, correct and tell someone to tell someone because the V4 thing is spreading like wild fire amongst dealers, car owners, prospective buyers, mechanics and the like.

Na as I de tell you so, na so they tell me too wey I read am understand am.
Additions, corrections are welcome please.
SPREAD THE WORD!

Tap on user name for available great deals. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2017
There are so many other engine types.. Read up below ;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_configuration
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by DidiLove1: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
Thanks for this post. Some even start quarreling when you point this out.
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2017
DidiLove1:
Thanks for this post. Some even start quarreling when you point this out.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by SortOut: 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
V4 engine "existed" and it's no longer built. So people feel since others are called v6, and V8, they just call the four cylinder V4...lol.

1 Like

Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
SortOut:
V4 engine "existed" and it's no longer built. So people feel since others are called v6, and V8, they just call the four cylinder V4...lol.

OK.
Some of these things; lack of attention to detail, not questioning why so, so and so are the way they are, assuming every car functions the same way etc. are the reasons most cars don't last in Nigeria.
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2017
V6 engines are more durable (: staying strong and in good working condition over a long period of time) than the 4 plugs.

But I guess that little difference in fuel consumption is more important to most people.

1 Like

Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
cool
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Spread the word
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
#endsars
#endpolicebrutality

#endv4engine
grin grin grin
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by mammanbawa: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Some chevrolet ls v8 engines can be used as two separate v4 engines. Though most people refer to the i4 engines as v4. The letter before the number indicates the format in which all the cylinders are arranged.
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2017
mammanbawa:
Some chevrolet ls v8 engines can be used as two separate v4 engines. Though most people refer to the i4 engines as v4. The letter before the number indicates the format in which all the cylinders are arranged.

Yes, I was told the engine of my Chevrolet Camaro (one of my cars posted. Tap on user name) shuts down all other cylinders and drives as 4 plug when cruising slow.

What I don't know is whether it's the 4 plugs on one side of the V8 Chevrolet engines that shut down or 2 plugs from each sides.
If it's the former, then the engine is still functioning as an i4. If it's the latter, then a V4 engine is what it converts to

smiley
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by mammanbawa: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2017
EEA1:

Yes, I was told the engine of my Chevrolet Camaro (one of my cars posted. Tap on user name) shuts down all other cylinders and drives as 4 plug when cruising slow.

What I don't know is whether it's the 4 plugs on one side of the V8 Chevrolet engines that shut down or 2 plugs from each sides.
If it's the former, then the engine is still functioning as an i4. If it's the latter, then a V4 engine is what it converts to

smiley
Note, plugs are not cylinders. They're meant to reduce emission which is why mercedes adopted use of 2 plugs per cylinder in some of their cars (w202, 203 etc)
Btw, the speciality of the ls engine is the cylinder deactivation for fuel efficiency and the block can be cut into two and still run as v4 engines. See reference below

Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
mammanbawa:

Note, plugs are not cylinders. They're meant to reduce emission which is why mercedes adopted use of 2 plugs per cylinder in some of their cars (w202, 203 etc)
Btw, the speciality of the ls engine is the cylinder deactivation for fuel efficiency and the block can be cut into two and still run as v4 engines. See reference below

Noted. "Cylinders" is the proper word.
Yea?
Re: **PLEASE!** Can This "V4 Engine" Thing Stop Already?!! by EEA1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
Happy new year

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Rx 300 03 Used First Body For Sale@1.550m SOLD sOLD / Superclean Ford Escape Forsale 750 / Very Neat Used Toyota Picnic ,DVDGive Away 590k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.