Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) (26062 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Threatens To Dump PDP Over Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor / Goodluck Jonathan, Fayose As Wike Commissions New Ekiti Governor's Office (Pics) / Two Special Assistants To Cross River Governor Wed Themselves In Calabar. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by olajay86(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Flood has taken over the multi-million naira governor’s office in Calabar, Cross River State.

The flood followed the heavy downpour that occurred around 4pm on Thursday and lasted less than two hours.
The flood affected central parking lots of the governor’s office, canteen, accounts department, technical offices, generator house and other offices in the governor’s office.

The investigations revealed that property worth millions of naira were destroyed.

Among the property destroyed were: vehicles, stationeries, mechanic and engineering equipment while those submerged were government, workers, journalists and visitors’ vehicles as well as giant government generators.

A visitor to governor’s office who gave his names as Chief Bassey Ekpo Etim lamented the situation, saying that his car was soaked in the flood.

“I was in one of the offices when the rain started. Not knowing that the area I parked my car was a flooded area and by the time I came out, the entire area was flooded and my car was submerged and water entered the vehicle.

“I hired some persons to push the car out of the flood. It was a terrible experience” he said. Mr Bassey Asukwo another victim of the flood also told DAILY POST that his car was also soaked in the flood.

He said when he came, he parked his car at the parking lot, little did he know that behind the governor’s office main block, the entire area was flood prone.

“Look at my car (Pointing at a car soaked with rainwater), how will I leave this place” he queried adding, “I didn’t come with money to pay out of this place” and lamented.

Government officials in governor’s office when contacted, declined to comment on the flood that had been a reoccurring decimal.

However, a clerical officer who did not give his name for fear of being punished, said, “This thing did not start today. It has been with us ever since this administration comes on board. It’s unfortunate”

“Whenever it rains, we carry our heart on our hands because nobody knows who will be victim. We beg on our so called ‘Digital Governor’ to come tour aid and save civil servants from this wanton embarrassment” he pleaded.

Suggesting a way out, he said, “The issue is not a difficult one, let government open up the drainage, the drainage has been block. We have engineers but we have not seen their expertise. It is sad” he fumed.

Frantic efforts made to reach out to the Commissioner for Works, Engr. Dan Osim-Asu proved abortive and his phone was permanently switched off.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/11/properties-submerged-as-flood-takes.html

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by renzo042(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

This line got me laughing!

"Whenever it rains, we carry our heart on our hands because nobody knows who will be victim. [b]We beg on our so called ‘Digital Governor’ [/b]to come tour aid and save civil servants from this wanton embarrassment” he pleaded"

9 Likes

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by divinehand2003(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2017
The flood has paid a visit to his Excellency.

7 Likes

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Yeligray(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2017
The flood just conveyed the anger of the people. The roads are so bad, no jobs, nothing.. And u r living in a multi million naira house. Oya use speed boat to your house.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Lol....undecided.... bloggers and fake news are like tin n columbite.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by kay29000(m): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Flood in Cross River when sun dey mend my brain every day in Ibadan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by sureteeboy(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Na Governor's office be like this? The building looks like a renovated public primary school

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Bloggers

Me I won't confirm o

Let NwaAmaikpe confirm it first..... grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by dayleke: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Chai!!!!!

The gods have cried.....
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by efilefun(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lagos dey learn near this one.
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by fwesharumi(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
this one no be flood na
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by magiki(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
grin
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by alan056: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
This doesn't look like a governor's office to me though

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
This is real but nothing compared to houses being swallowed by the ravines.
Government should do something urgently please.
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by valdes00(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
I just heard that the latest way to greet Imo indigenes is to ask Him/Her "Nwanne Akpuola gi?", which means .. "Brother/Sister has your own statue been erected?". ���

Biko nu. Umunnem, I want to specially ask y'all. . "Nwanne akpuola gi?"

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by mikeycharles(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

I wished it also swallowed the governor

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by GenOrumov: 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
shervydman:
Lol....undecided.... bloggers and fake news are like tin n columbite.
I was expecting to see the pic of exactly the governor's office but alas all I saw was a random govt building that I think looks like a generator house.

9 Likes

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hmmmmm. I doubt this. A whole governor's office.

I have a generator available for sale. Check this link
www.nairaland.com/4184477/fairly-used-perfect-working-condition
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Rickyzagy: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Office wey Water occupied that one na Office?
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by deco22(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
The surroundings look too dirty to be the government house...fake news

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Onyemabright(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
alan056:
This doesn't look like a governor's office to me though
Your right
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by goodnews777: 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
If that is the governors office, then that is the worst state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Joephat(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by olumaxi(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
State's property
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by WebSurfer(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by pol23: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
SUBMERGED
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by WebSurfer(m): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
Even the poorest state in Nigeria can’t have this as a government office

1 Like

Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
divinehand2003:
The flood has paid a visit to his Excellency.
courtsey visit.. ok grin
Re: Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) by blessedmeme: 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
valdes00I just heard that the latest way to greet Imo indigenes is to ask Him/Her "Nwanne Akpuola gi?", which means .. "Brother/Sister has your own statue been erected?". ���

Biko nu. Umunnem, I want to specially ask y'all. . "Nwanne akpuola gi?"

Hahaha me liking it, Nwanne akpuola gi hahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Boko Haram Fighters, 5 Children Surrender To Nigerian Troops (photos) / Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation / Dumebi Kachikwu: All Four Major Parties Rigged Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.