Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,783 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel (11533 Views)

MTN Records Highest Number Of Subscribers Porting To Other Networks / A Honest Review Of A Tecno LA7 User Porting To Redmi Note 7 / Losing Contacts After Porting To 4G On Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by blueblood1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Guys, please I need help. I recently ported my phone network to Airtel. Since then,any transaction I do, requiring me providing an OTP sent via sms, is always aborted,cos I cant receive otps with my new line.

I do receive ordinary sms, but otp have been a problem.

Who can help please? Ive tried calling customer care to speak to an agent, but only recorded messages respond to me

2 Likes

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by blueblood1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please I really need help. I cant even reset email passwords, cos I cant receive verification codes sent via sms.

Please help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by calddon(m): 5:54am On Nov 25, 2017
Relax...give it time for your new isp to sync with whatever protocol dat recieves sms. I recently ported to Emptyhen, couldn't receive alerts from my bank buh after sometime I was able to receive

1 Like

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by samodan(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2019
blueblood1:
Guys, please I need help. I recently ported my phone network to Airtel. Since then,any transaction I do, requiring me providing an OTP sent via sms, is always aborted,cos I cant receive otps with my new line.

I do receive ordinary sms, but otp have been a problem.

Who can help please? Ive tried calling customer care to speak to an agent, but only recorded messages respond to me

Hello, was this ever fixed for you?
I'm facing the same issue
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by olarwarleh(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
I'm in your shoes bro

1 Like

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by macbeyland(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
I ported my Etisalat line to airtel 2 years ago and up till now, no OTP. The worse part is that I don't have any dnd activated. I'm porting to mtn tomorrow.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Sgbate(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Facing the same prb here, cant recieve OTP messages on my Etisalat, tried calling tge customer care and all they did was give me procedures on how to cancel DND ,which i already did yesternight,with a message that i should wait for 24hrs for it to be effective, not sure if it will work tho, cos i rechecked my dnd status and its says non activated.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Simeony007(m): 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Text "Free me my village people" to 757 now

3 Likes

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by THANOS27: 3:05pm On May 28, 2020
Having the same problem after porting to Airtel 2weeks ago ,can’t receive OTP, bank alerts or reset my telegram accounts it’s frustrating
Anyone with a remedy?
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by edoairways: 3:15pm On May 28, 2020
THANOS27 why did you port in the first place instead of getting another sim?
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Whois(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2020
Happened to me when I did port from Glo to Mtn. Went inside bank to complain but it wasn't fixed so I had to Re update on an ATM machine and it started working fine
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by angolag(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Have you rectified this problem I am having similar issue . How can I reach you ?
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Udezer69(m): 1:36am On Jan 09, 2021
Who has solved this thing o.... Airtel won't allow me receive OTP from any website or server

1 Like

Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Marz03: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hi guys I don't know if it too late but I had the same problem and following the steps in the link below helped me resolve it

https://www.akayhelp.in/2020/10/airtel-sim-otp-not-receiving-problem.html
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by EmuesiriAlex(m): 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
Omo... I don join ona oh.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by olaoffuoye: 1:47am On Apr 28, 2021
Unable to get OTP sent to your mobile phone number or other text messages? It may be due to DND (do not disturb) feature activated on your line.

This is one of the disadvantages of activating DND services. To start receiving messages and OTP you have to deactivate DND services on your line

Dnd

How To Deactivate DND Services On MTN, Airtel, Glo And 9Mobile (Etisalat)[color=#006600][/color]

To deactivate DND for 9Mobile (Etisalat) - Text START to 2442

To deactivate DND for MTN - Text ALLOW to 2442

To deactivate DND for Glo - Text CANCEL to 2442

To deactivate DND for Airtel - Text ALLOW to 2442

Some persons claim that both MTN and AIRTEL networks have automatically activated the DND service without their consent but you can still confirm by texting STATUS to 2442.

If the short codes below doesn't work for you, and you still find it difficult to get OTP kindly contact your Customer Care.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Haykins2115(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
I'm having the same issue too
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Martinx246(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2021
calddon:
Relax...give it time for your new isp to sync with whatever protocol dat recieves sms. I recently ported to Emptyhen, couldn't receive alerts from my bank buh after sometime I was able to receive

I’m having this issue though. I ported to Airtel and I haven’t been able to receive OTP from social media apps and also can’t receive bank alerts. I feel like my number is still seen as the old network and not the newly ported one
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by calddon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Martinx246:

I’m having this issue though. I ported to Airtel and I haven’t been able to receive OTP from social media apps and also can’t receive bank alerts. I feel like my number is still seen as the old network and not the newly ported one
do the quoted
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by orikoku: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
I have this same issue, i port my glo line to mtn, since then I don't get otp. How can one resolve this.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Dopasix: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
After porting your phone expect that OTP won't work. Best way to fix it from experience 9mobile porting to MTN.

Go to nearest ATM make a withdrawal using your bank card. Then wait for SMS to alert you of your withdrawal. Once it arrived...you have fixed your porting problem.

If not goto your bank let them try whatever they can, if they day no... Then go to your bank ATM outside to try the above process over again. It worked for me as l just fixed mine now today Sept 29th 2021. Good luck porting, its easy.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Akachukuw41(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2021
orikoku:
I have this same issue, i port my glo line to mtn, since then I don't get otp. How can one resolve this.

Please have you been able to solve this? I have the same issue.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Akachukuw41(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2021
Dopasix:
After porting your phone expect that OTP won't work. Best way to fix it from experience 9mobile porting to MTN.

Go to nearest ATM make a withdrawal using your bank card. Then wait for SMS to alert you of your withdrawal. Once it arrived...you have fixed your porting problem.

If not goto your bank let them try whatever they can, if they day no... Then go to your bank ATM outside to try the above process over again. It worked for me as l just fixed mine now today Sept 29th 2021. Good luck porting, its easy.

This didn’t work for me �
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by orikoku: 11:19am On Nov 28, 2021
Akachukuw41:

Please have you been able to solve this? I have the same issue.
no
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Mark3(m): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
I have this same issue, has anyone find a way to resolve this issue?
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by bigcee(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mark3:
I have this same issue, has anyone find a way to resolve this issue?
Go to any quickteller enabled atm and register for a safe token.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by ECBlogger: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Did it work for you?

bigcee:

Go to any quickteller enabled atm and register for a safe token.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by funkyrash(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2022
this is why I'm scared of porting from 9mobile to MTN, receiving OTPs from alot of services that I activated 2-step authentication on. Has anyone actually got the solution, because from what I've read so far, it seems after your port, you're on your own.
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Depama: 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
How is the porting process even? It is seamless or stressful? How long (days or hours) does it take complete?
Re: I Cant Receive OTP After Porting To Airtel by Emmyreal4(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Depama:
How is the porting process even? It is seamless or stressful? How long (days or hours) does it take complete?
contact the network provider

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Change The Background Of A Photo I Took With Camera On Android?? / Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN / Step By Step Instructions On How To Get "siri" Working On Iphone 4 (jailbroken)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.