Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Exclusive : Amazing Facts You Don't Know About Torimil Blog Owner - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive : Amazing Facts You Don't Know About Torimil Blog Owner (387 Views)

Gistlover Blog Owner And Members Arrested / The Chef Chi, Chioma, Davido's Girlfriend: 7 Facts You Didn’t Know Avril Rowland / 10 Amazing Facts About Omalicha Elom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive : Amazing Facts You Don't Know About Torimil Blog Owner by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 25, 2017
Nigerian Iconic entertainment Blogger , Hammed Sodiq Ayobami tells I.A.M Olaoluwa about his  career, how he relaxes and his love life​, AYO is Oshogbo Born writer, fashionista with amazing and great blogging talent.

Ayo has contributed his talents to various beautiful mind and that enables him to create and write timeless niche. His blogging journey started when he then write for a blog owned by his friend. Ayobami disclosed some really interesting things about his blogs and upbringing.

Enjoy excerpt of the interview below.

Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?I am Hammed Sodiq Ayobami, an entertainment blogger, promoter and a student of Nacomyo Comprehensive High School.

I’m from Kwara State, Nigeria but I have spent all my life in Oshogbo, Osun state.

My blog, ToriMill is a news and entertainment based website that delivers anything that is newsworthy.

Describe how did you first get into blogging?

I was introduced to blogging by a friend in the year 2016. Then, I was blogging with my friend that introduced me to blogging.
 The said friend had another personal blog which he is using secretly, leaving only me to manage the blog that we are supposed to be managing together. Being a newbie in the blogosphere, I was too happy to be publishing new articles every hours. Later on, I wasn't comfortable blogging with him again and  in December 2016 I had to call it a quit and create my own blog.

Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?

I cannot really say I have something that serves as strength for me but increment in readers coming to my blog everyday is enough to serve me as strength

How would you describe your blogging style ? 

I will describe my blogging style as 'Rare Gem' it is hardly seen and not a saturated one

What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog? 

Sharing my content with friends and telling my friends to share it with friends

What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers?

The best service a blogger can render to his readers are unique quality articles and contents that are unplagiarised

What would be your ideal working environment?

My ideal work environment would a place with less Noise and with a good server

How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?

I publish new articles very early in the morning everyday and once am less busy at the place of work because I had another job that I do offline.

Exclusive: A day with SouthAfrican veteran Singer "Vanessa Jackson"

What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?

The best strategy that I think worked well for me to get more traffic to my blog is creating unique articles that are not plagiarise or fake, nothing else.

How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?

I want to move from free blogging platform to self-hosted platform. I will also increase the time I spend daily on my blog.

What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?

I can't really say I have come across any failure with the blog as the blog is just 3 months old and it's doing well

Tell about your proudest achievement?

Even with the fact that my blog is not yet a year old , I do receive calls from different readers that compliment my blog, giving me kudos about how great the blog is doing. I can really say that's my proudest ...

Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?

Laila Ijeoma; the owner of LailasBlog. The woman is really great. I was a fanatic of her blog before I join the blogosphere. I still visit her blog even up till now.....

What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?

My greatest achievement outside blogging is the respect I get from people I met in the niche...

How do you think I rate your blog as an interviewer?

Well! If I were you, I'll rate the blog highly because of  the fact that it it has gain popularity despite the fact that it is a young blog. So based on this, I think you'll  rate my blog high as it is a promising blog being managed by an energetic and optimistic fellow.

What do you do in your spare time?

I'm an apprentice at a fashion designing institute so as to have a professional fashion designing skill as that's one of the professions in vogue in Nigeria right now.

Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?

In five years time, I will like be rated amongst top 5 successful bloggers in Nigeria.

Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?

Laila Ijeoma of LailasBlog

Ukwadia Matthew Oluoma of Healthphreak 

Akachukwu Christopher Chidera of Naijland  and

Onyejeme Philemon of Otownloaded

I am highly impressed with their blog content though they are all in different Niche but they are the greatest blogger I have ever known. Suggested reading: Advantages of blogging

What inspired you to start your blog?

I'm a kind of person that love expressing myself to people on internet and I have also been craving for a place online where I'll b able to share gist and news to my friends and people on the social media. So luckily for me, i was introduced to blogging

How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?

I have always being looking up to be the likes of Laila Ijeoma and Linda Ikeji  in the blogosphere so I always motivate myself with "I will be there very soon, It only requires time and hard work" 

Can you tell me about few sources from where you u u get t products for 'review on your site?

I do get it from Social media. You know social media is full of different type of peoples these days.

What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging? 

To me, the most frustrating aspect of blogging is once the rate at which you publish new articles reduces then you have your readers reducing drastically and plagiarism; many people are just flooding the blogosphere without having passion for blogging but for making money only. This contributes to plagiarism

In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?

I hope my blog take me to great places I have ever imagine like being among top 3 bloggers in Nigeria

Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?

Yes, I have and it's great coming across them.

Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?Yes, I do.

What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?

I can say post-blogging really changed me alot, I know any news circulating round the world be it in entertainment or technology.

Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself?

I created the blog myself with the help of Ukwadia Matthew Oluoma & Akachukwu Christoper Chidera

How active are you on a weekly basis? 

How often do you communicate with your followers?Am always active. I do communicate with my followers once in awhile when am less busy or when there is need to.

How much time do you spend blogging?

I can't really be specific but I can say most time.

What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?

The best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog I can think of is sharing your post at the right time and with well-constructed headline.

Would you encourage other people to make their blog?

I can't really say i will encourage other people to make their blog because there are different reasons of creating a blog some are;

1. Money 

2. Passion

3.Hobby

4. Profession

So before one can start a blogging career, one must know any of the reason about but my advice is; If you want to start a blog because you want to be making  money only (Quit), If you want to start a blog because you have passion for it (Take your time to read about blogging and Start) and same goes to Hobby and profession.

Have you been embarrassed or given an offer due to your blogger status?

Yes, I have been embarrassed by some friends and some readers and Yes, I have gotten lots of offer from many people due to my blogger  status.

Who was your first style icon?

Laila Ijeoma

Who takes the majority of your photos?

I do it myself

How would you describe your personal style and is there a person who is a fashion inspiration to you?

I would describe my personal style as the "Simplest" one for the geek. Yes, there is.

What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a fashion blogger?

Engaging in interaction with different people

Whats your current daily stats?

My current daily stats is over 5,000.

Where are your readers from?

My readers are from Nairaland.

http://n18s.com/exclusive-facts-you-dont-know-about-torimil-com-blogger/

1 Share

Re: Exclusive : Amazing Facts You Don't Know About Torimil Blog Owner by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Exclusive : Amazing Facts You Don't Know About Torimil Blog Owner by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 25, 2017
.'

(1) (Reply)

Davido Wins Multiple USA NEA Awards / 15 Real Facts About Van Vicker You Probably Didn't Know / NEW MUSIC: Kiss Daniel – No Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.